WALL-E Ad Watch!

DUDE! AWESOME! I hope somebody records that and gets it on Youtube.

Here’s a WALL•E motorised cardboard cutout from French cinemas. I think the hand moves up and down, or across or something. Really cute.

Dawwwwwwwwww! That’s so cute!

WALL-E advert in the middle of a roundabout in Belgium:

We never get advertisements for movies here on billboards, only in the theater itself. :frowning:

lol we have the classic bilboard at our movie theater. but maybe about a month before it came out we may have had a big one :neutral_face: dont remember :stuck_out_tongue:

All I saw in terms of advertising was a billboard.
And a free watch. :smiley:

Sorry for the low quality, Took it as we were mving and SHOCK HORROR IT WAS SUNNY!

+3 Internets to the first person who can tell me what make of car I took this in [CLUE: Bottom right] :smiley:!

a hero will emerge. I hope they paid the guy who made that pun well. That’s funny. XD

I have something cool. Earlier it was mentioned that there’s a WALL-E posted in Times Square, right? Well, there’s a website that has a live webcam on it of a lot of places, including Times Square. If you watch camera 3 for a minute or so, you’ll be able to see the poster still there. It’s nothing you couldn’t see better with a still camera, but I thought the fact that it was live was kinda cool, you know?

earthcam.com/usa/newyork/tim … cam=lennon

I saw it! I agree, it’s pretty cool. :slight_smile:

That’s pretty awesome.

That’s surreal, Netbug009! I’m actually surprised they still have the Wall-E banner up this long, what with the movie being in US theatres for more than a month already and Wall St (ooh, nice pun!) being prime advertising real-estate. I suppose the marketing department at Disney/Pixar have deep pockets.

Hey there, WALL·E, or should I say, Mr Hypnotoad. Love that quote on the billboard. Now I may be a car nut (let me rephrase that, automotive enthusiast), but even I had to Google the model.

Is it a Toyota Avensis t3x?

Do I get a ‘+3 Internets’? (What prize is that, by the way?) Or at least a cookie?

Fairly Odd New Yorker, I saw several of those benches around Singapore’s cinemas too. There were in fact two at Lido, Shaw Plaza (a relatively old, but popular theatre in the main shopping district). Originally there was one (which was sadly right next to the trash can at the theatre exit…I made my sis take a picture of me with it when I spotted it after watching the Dark Knight). About a week later when I went to see the X-Files sequel, I was surprised to see it had been moved into a more prominent position in the main lobby next to the entry escalator, and had been paired with a twin! Unfortunately, vandals had broken both Wall-Es’ arms. :angry:

Sigh Someone should do a little vigilante justice and, I don’t know…shortsheet their beds or somethin’.

Sorry. It’s a Rover 45. t3x is actually the end of splintex. I thought you would look at the ‘R’ and guess rover, as I said car make

But you can have a cookie anyway.

D’oh! Well, it coulda been a Renault, or a Riley, or a Rambler, or a Rolls-Royce (okay, that’s pushing it). But nooo…it had to be a Rover. :frowning:
Ah well, I’m just being a sore loser. Hope it has chocolate chips on it. :slight_smile:
Anyway, down here in Down Under, you can’t imagine my surprise when I went into my local newstand to see little Wall-E peeking out from the reams of newspapers. Seems the Sydney Morning Herald has ran a cover feature in their entertainment section on our intrepid robot hero, and considering it’s still a full month before its official release here, I’m glad that this film is getting a little media exposure. Needless to say, I bought my copy then and there, and I enjoyed the two-page article. It didn’t tell me what I didn’t already know, and it’s adapted from another UK newspaper called The Independent, but the layout made up for it. There was a beautiful side panel of that shot of Wall-E playing with the stardust, and a nice wide pic of Eve rallying Wall-E and the Rejects in their mutiny.
I’ll post a scan of the cover (which had a very hyperbolic statement) and the article when I get the printer working. In the meantime, you can read the article online at this link. This, along with seeing the Dark Knight again in Imax, made my weekend. :smiley:

You got awesome pictures there ! :smiley:
In France we didn’t have that much entertainement for Wall-e… :frowning:
So thanks to you i get to see it anyways ! :slight_smile:

Starting this week, I’ve been seeing little Wall-E spots on Oz’s Channel Nine network. The first one I saw was after Rush Hour 2 on Monday night around 10+pm, it was the vacuum vignette, except they had the Nine logo next to Wall-E after the dust cleared. Then sometime around mid-week, they showed the basketball vignette, except they replaced the ball with the Channel Nine dot. It was quite late in the night too.
I have no idea why they’re showing these ads past their target audience’s bedtime. Even stranger, they didn’t even show the title card, so the average moviegoer who hasn’t heard about Wall-E will be curious about this little bot invading their screens. Hopefully they’ll start airing them more frequently and at primetime spots as we get closer towards the release date. But hey, at least makes the uninitiated curious and get them to find out more about the movie! Seems Channel Nine will be affiliated with Wall-E’s TV marketing campaign. It was a very unexpected (and pleasant) surprise for me to suddenly see our reluctant hero appear on the telly.
Has anyone else in Oz seen these spots? :smiley:

Consider it’s been heavily reported that WALL-E has played better with adults than children in many cases, I don’t think they are showing them past their target audience’s bedtime. I think Pixar is going for both adults and children with WALL-E advertising, and the ads you’ve seen have simply been the ones aimed at adults.

Hey rachelcakes! Yeah, I was gonna do a post about the ad, I saw it yesterday night when I returned home. My bro was watching the Olympics and then I saw a glimpse of the ad and pointed it out to him. Seems like 7’s airing it during primetime now!
And I already saw that clip you’ve mentioned, it was shown in one of the featurettes, it’s so cute!
Anyway, I’m going to see the premiere tonight. No timing specified in the competition details, so I hope I arrive early enough not to miss it. I do hope they do a proper red-carpet event, cos’ I’ll be unable to enter the theatre itself as they don’t sell tickets to the general public. There’s not even a mention on the Hoyts website, so I’m not sure whether it’s even on! Fingers crossed… :confused:

Wow, you mean he’s starting to appear in the idents (that’s what those ‘Tonight On…’ bits are called)? That’s cool! That’s an improvement from the nameless cameos he made from last week.
I saw two buses five minutes apart with the “Most Advanced Robot in the World” poster (with a pic of Wall-E rolling inside the hula hoop) on their back panels this morning. Hype is definitely building up…
Speaking about ads, as a quick aside, I’ll add a little shameless plug for my YT channel. Earlier on in the Fan Videos thread, I mentioned I’ll be starting my own little campaign for Wall-E here Down Under. I’ve added some teaser taglines to the info on my Channel page. You know, the one-liner that hints at what’s upcoming but doesn’t really reveal it (although I already have, in this thread :stuck_out_tongue: ). Fans who have seen the ‘Space Walk’ clip should get the meaning of the message. :wink: I have some stuff planned in the coming weeks leading up to Wall-E’s Oz release, so stay tuned for more details.
End of off-topic shameless plug. Next time I bring my cam, I’ll see if I can snap a pic of the buses.

maybe in Australia it’s called Buzz lightyear instead of Toy Story. movies in other countries sometimes change the name…no idea why… o_0