Zootopia

I have to see this.

I watched it today. Zootopia is just awesome! It was charming, fun and emotional. The scene with the sloths got the biggest laugh in the movie theater 8D
I definitely recommend it to anyone who like Disney Animation :slight_smile:

I did get to see it last spring, but when my Mom asked one of the preschoolers’ parents about it later on, they told her it scared their kid.

(Don’t we ever still get rated-G movies these days?)

Perhaps that kid just gets scared easily? Sure, there were slightly scary moments but I don’t think it’s bad. But I’m not a preschooler, so my perspectibe might just be a little different.

Oh, and I’m kinda jealous of whoever’s from the US in this forum. You guys get Zootopia on June 7th (my birthday) on DVD and Blu Ray and I still have to wait five more weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s an absolutely stellar movie and I just saw it again on Blu-Ray! A must watch for anyone who likes animation, and the underlying message is very subversive and new for Disney.

I learned a few weeks ago that the Italain Blu Ray’s been already released and that, aside from the English and Italian track, it consists the German track. So, I ordered the Italian Blu Ray early this week for 20€ and 3€ shipping costs. It was supposed to arrive some time between next Tuesday and Saturday but it arrived today! :smiley:

I’ve watched it with my mother this afternoon and she told me she found Zootopia awesome :smiley:
Oh, and her reaction upon seeing John Lasseter’s name in the credits was kinda funny: “He’s following me around.”
My mother’s a bit, I dunno, amused about seeing his name in every Disney and Pixar animation released in recent years.

I have to be honest, when I went to see Zootopia, I expected it to be some substandard talking animal movie.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this was not the case, I really got involved in the main characters and their story.

It’s definitely earned it’s place as a timeless movie.

FYI, Sloths aren’t actually as slow as you’d think.
The reason they move slow is because their natural predators are drawn to fast movements.
If they want to, they can really pick up speed.
A zoolologist discovered this the hard way!
A sloth got annoyed with him, so he decided his best option was to just run away.
He had a running start ahead of the sloth, she ended up getting past him and then bit him! :laughing:

I even saw some videos of sloths racing along branches when they feel safe enough to do so.
They’re easily as fast as any monkey where tree climbing is concerned.