Cars DVD Cover Art

A small thumbnail of the Cars DVD cover art has popped up over at Ultimate Disney.

I’m a bit disappointed. I know it’s not a big image, but I hope they make some changes to it before December.

I don’t see the picture… But I hope it’s not too bad…

It could be worse - a lot worse - but it could be better, too.

From what I can see, I love it! I can’t tell what’s in the upper righthand corner though.

~~=oP

All I see is a white box with a red cross on it. I dunno what that has to do with Cars tough :stuck_out_tongue:

editoh wait now I see it, the upper right corner is either Mack or Frankedit

It’s colorful - the image is vastly too small for me to say truly whether or not I like it yet though.

It’s Sally and Lightning looking at the sunset.

A little too colorful, IMHO…The other Pixar covers have a more stable color scheme.

ok my bad :smiley: now you told me I can see it too. and I kinda like the art actually. altough I would like the original movie poster (the red
with the cars logo) more as a dvd boxcover.

That would have been neat, but then again, I always like how Pixar comes up with new stuff for the cover art instead.

Still too small to judge … but I’m

getting the “crappy Disney sequel vibe” … or not even that … almost all their covers – especially

for their rereleases of older films to DVD … they just try to cram in every single character and thats a bit

… too much.

But no matter what - its not like it’s going to prevent me from buying the movie anyways.

:wink:
Wouldn’t the logo be fine? I can’t really imagine anything that’d feel appropriate to representing the

whole movie though – other than the logo. I guess. =\

It’s all right, but it needs to be

“simpler.”

They’ll probably make some changes (I hope)!

I

dont like it at all. Its too busy. All the other Pixar covers are great but this one sucks. But it is still in

early stages.

For the record - my

manager informed me today that Cars has been given a November street date. She said she thinks it’s the third

week but wasn’t sure. I’ll let y’all know as soon as I get a definite answer! :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks Dash! So by the sounds of that the Nov 7 date is likely to

change.

Not necessarily - she also said she thought it was the 17th but that’s not a

Tuesday - so the 7th is still very much on the table if she just misread.

Also - if I remember right we

begin pre-sales as early as September 14th

The Sheriff of Radiator Springs

(Michael Wallis) told me months ago that he didn’t have a set date for the DVD release, but that it would be

before Christmas.

I hope it’s November 7th – one week before my birthday. :slight_smile: Though knowing my family I won’t

be allowed to touch it till my actual birthday … darn. :frowning:

Well maybe you will have to take

your parents out to get it for you on your birthday.

I hope Disney has a date soon.

The

film itself still hasn’t come out over here, so I’ve no idea for a certain date, but it’s probably going to be

just before Christmas for sales.

I can;t wait for the DVD to come out. It’s

still in theaters, but I still can’t wait for it. I wonder what easter eggs they might have in this movie.