Zootopia

I really wanted to start this thread because New Disney as I like to call it is awesome, and this film looks awesome too!

bigscreenanimation.com

The plot synopsis sounds hilarious to me, and the image looks that way too! I hope and believe that the current image is reflective to that of the final film. It is directed by Byron Howard, one half of the directing team of both Bolt and Tangled, now going solo this time. The tentative release date is March 4, 2016 (Ah, so long away! Waa!). And this site gives more info:

insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/09/d … ation-d23/

So who else is really excited for this film?

I like the looks of this; it sounds like a lot of fun! I know Disney of all studios will execute it well. The concept art reminds me a tad of Fantastic Mr Fox because of the color palette, and the premise a little of Roger Rabbit. Shame it’s so far off :frowning:

Not gonna lie, my first thought was “Man, Disney sure has a thing for foxes!”

I think this sounds really neat, though. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

I’m very very excited about this one. Disney does amazing animal films (obviously) and I really like the concept of humanoid animals in a metropoltian animal city. Plus, watching mostly animated films, I don’t see many buddy cop movies :slight_smile: Plus, Byron Howard is awesomeness (you’d have to be to make films like Bolt and Tangled), so I flat-out can’t wait!

^ You’ve got all that right, OWP! The way they described this new movie is quite good. It looks like a different feel than other Disney classics.

I suppose “New Disney” refers to anything from Frozxen on, with the change in animation and making films like Fig Zero bad number.

“Zootopia” bugged me when I first heard of it because it was compared to Madagascar before anything other than the title had been revealed.

Now I’m very turned off because the director mentioned “Robin Hood.” At least Robin Hood is more pleasing than Madagascar, but still…

And the main character is a fox, just like Robin Hood and that terrible 2009 film…

His name is not Reynard. Disney has been making films for seventy-six years and they still haven’t made pone about Reynard the Fox, despite having Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and Zootopia with main characters who are foxes.

Though at least this sounds more interesting than Giants or Moana…speaking of which, Giants is slated to come out son after this, and it once more reminds one of Madagascar.

I’m not bothered at all by the fact that one of the main characters is a fox; being perhaps as I love foxes and haven’t seen FatH or Robin Hood yet… Disney has been rolling out above-par animated films since 2007’s Meet The Robinsons and I have a feeling that they’re going to keep the streak going! :smiley:

Actually Lover of Fiction, New Disney is a term I made up, although it could mean everything from Frozen on, but I’ll clarify what I meant. To be honest, it could mean whichever newer era of Disney you want it to mean. :smiley:

Interestingly, by New Disney I meant exactly what ObsessedWithPixar said, everything from Meet the Robinsons on. I know some people prefer to think it started with Bolt, The Princess and the Frog (most likely), or Tangled, but I say Meet the Robinsons because I thought everything about it was good or great, but it’s mostly just my opinion. My other term for “New Disney” era is “John Lasseter Disney” era because that’s when he became the executive producer of all the new films, which basically guarantees me that every new cannon Disney film will be good.

I haven’t seen Robin Hood yet but I want to, but I thought The Fox and the Hound was a kind of sad but cute movie, OWP! I think you’d like it, I did.

But according to the Disney line-up schedule, it looks like we are not getting any Disney films in 2015 or 2017, but we’re getting two films in both 2016 and 2018. I suppose that’s to make room for Pixar having two films in 2015 and 2017, but Pixar also has a film in 2016 and 2018. Maybe that can change to us having one Disney film a year, I’d hope, but if not it’ll end up working out.

^Yeah, it’s a shame I still haven’t seen Disney’s famous fox movies… I actually might’ve seen Robin Hood a long time ago but I barely remember any of it and the VHS didn’t survive. I’m looking forward to catch FatH when I can as well. And agreed, MTR is still one of my fave movies ever, and each film post that has been a favorite! It’s a bummer that we’ll have a couple of years without a Disney Animation film, but we all know what they say about rushing art…

I’m really excited about this movie!

I love anthropomorphic animal movies and I was actually wondering when Disney was going to go back to that. And I like foxes!

Final character designs have been released;

Have to admit, I find the whole concept of this movie really lame, but I kind of like the designs, mostly the rabbit.

Zootopia teaser was released.
[url]Zootopia US Teaser Trailer - YouTube
Gotta say, the CGi looks nice. Disney has come a long way compared to Chicken Little.

Although I don’t know that the concept is highly original, it is likeable, and I’m sure that with the track record Disney has had as of late it will be a really good film. The teaser was excellent. I love the bunny character’s design—it will be entertaining to see their character dynamic played out on screen :slight_smile:

I had been waiting in years for this.

I’m going nuts over the gazelle voiced by Shakira. To be honest I don’t know who Shakira is, but that gazelle is going to be sweet. Even if she’s a Georgette (Oliver and Company) type character, she’ll still be amazing.

I’ve been very eager to see where this movie goes. It looks very nice and the way that disney animated films have been in the past 7 years (huh kinda started when Lasetter went over) shows signs of progress.

The art looks good and it really brings me back to an old film (Robin Hood) which was a personal favorite of mine.

I just laughed when I saw the new trailer. :laugh: (And yes, the sloths do tend to be so slow out in real life, too.)

New trailer:
[url]Zootopia Official US Trailer #2 - YouTube

This is one of those movies I plan on seeing this year. I can’t wait! :smiley:

This one didn’t really get to me on seeing the first trailer. Then I saw the second and some clips and it looks explicit! The animation is so soft and tender. The characters have that true Disney feel to it that I love so much. And everything is so colorful and all.
There you have it, I’m a sucker for eye candy 8D