Toy Story Expanded Scores

Has Disney ever really catered towards the collectors when it came to film scores? They’re good about releasing the basic scores to the animated features, but I’d like to see the Toy Story series get some special attention. They should take La La Land Records’ example, as they’ve made beautiful packages for various features, with expanded tracks, and even bonus tracks never before heard. Only problem is their ridiculous prices, but Disney could probably make something reasonable. I’m mainly interested in the first two, but they could probably round it out and include the trilogy.

Some of the noticeably missing tracks are the rockin radio playing in the Pizza Planet Truck (both films), and the elevator music in Toy Story 2. Hakuna Matata would make a fun bonus track and we could also use Tom Hanks’ rendition of “You’ve Got a Friend In Me”. Maybe I’m getting too picky here, but the film versions of all three vocal renditions by Randy Newman are mixed differently. Additionally, the international single for “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” has the song (and a cover of “Strange Things” adapted in various languages, covered by artists such as Klaus Lage and Arno Hintjens among others. Randy Newman also made an early demo of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” just on piano (how he performs it live), which I’d love to hear the full version of. That and any other demos are welcome; it’s a much different sound when these iconic songs are stripped down. It appears in this storyboard sequence:
youtube.com/watch?v=w2lOCUGi8Bk

That’s about all I can think of. There’s a few pop songs used throughout Toy Story 3 as well, even a few only seen in trailers, like the beautiful “Losing You” by Randy Newman, and the original song when Barbie and Ken meet. Anyways, it’d be cool to see this done. Who knows what kind of treats we’ll have in store for Toy Story’s 20th anniversary approaching… Very soon. Also, Merry Christmas, everyone!

I would kill for a full soundtrack. I have been searching for that Pizza Planet truck music int the first film forever. I would love to have Woody’s rendition of You’ve Got A Friend In Me as well.

This concept would make for a great “Toy Story 20th Anniversary Collector’s Set”. A full soundtrack to the original Toy Story that includes scores both used and cut in the film. I’m not sure if Disney has really done this with their other animated films but I do not see a reason why they shouldn’t. I would also pay money to hear Tom Hanks and Tim Allen sing a cover of “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. 8D

Who knows what Disney and Pixar has planned for Toy Story’s 20th Anniversary? Hopefully, they at least acknowledge it.

^Same here. That would make my life complete 8D 8D

Pixar does acknowledge the anniversaries of their films. In Nov. they posted pictures on their Facebook page celebrating their films.

Well, keep in mind that Toy Story was the first of its kind, and this is Pixar’s first 20th anniversary they’re dealing with, let alone for the first CGI movie period. I have high hopes.

All this talk’s making me excited; made a thread specifically for it:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14335

I know we moved onto the other thread for speculation, but this seems more fitting for the thread.

Anyway, Disney has released a Legacy Collection soundtrack for some of their classics. Pinocchio, in particular, has an additional disc that includes unreleased tracks. While this doesn’t confirm anything, this could be the line we might see the potential Toy Story soundtrack released in.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Records-Legacy-Collection/dp/B00O5HX3BM/ref=pd_sim_m_42?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QHG13HXDPHR07ZBHPDW[/url]
[url]Amazon.com

Yes! Very relevant. Prior to this, I hadn’t known Disney to cater to the collectors and adult fans in the music department, but those collections certainly show they have what it takes. It seems pretty inclusive with unused cues, and even early demos on the Little Mermaid set. And the price? $15 is more than fair when you see other expanded scores ranged at $20-$60.

Since The Little Mermaid is relatively late in the Disney cycle, I have hopes that we’ll make it to the 90s. Maybe the 20th anniversary will influence it, maybe it won’t. Either way, seeing the Legacy Collection only means good things to come.

This article definitely confirms it!
animationfascination.wordpress. … ollectors/
I will hopefully be able to get it! So excited!

Wow. Disney just read our minds and delivered. Furthermore, this is just Toy Story, but that’s a good thing; they’re not trying to cram 2 or 3 movies into one release. Just two discs dedicated to the 1995 classic. And with two discs to work with, we’re definitely in for some variety (my predictions still stand). Great news.

I found a placeholder cover for the Legacy Collection CD:

Nothing really interesting but it’s at least something we can look at for now.

The cover art for the Legacy Collection soundtrack is revealed on the Disney Movie Rewards website!

disneymovierewards.go.com/el … page=1&q=w

I love that artwork! I would love to have that as my sig

Link to the CD is up!
[url]Amazon.com

Official Art:

Full Track List:

[spoiler]Disc One

1. Opening Instrumental
  2. You’ve Got a Friend in Me Randy Newman
  3. Andy’s Birthday Is Today Instrumental
  4. They’re Alive! Instrumental
  5. “Staff Meeting Everybody!” Instrumental
  6. “You Too, Bo Peep” Instrumental
  7. Andy’s Birthday Party Instrumental
  8. Code Red Instrumental
  9. A Good Soldier Never Leaves a Man Behind Instrumental
  10. Presents: Who Invited That Kid? Instrumental
  11. Surprise Present Instrumental
  12. “What Are You Doing Under the Bed?” Instrumental
  13. Buzz Revealed Instrumental
  14. Buzz Flies Instrumental
  15. Strange Things Randy Newman
  16. Woody/Bo Peep Instrumental
  17. Sid Instrumental
  18. Virtual Realty Instrumental
  19. Woody Plots Instrumental
  20. Rube Globeburg Instrumental
  21. “Woody Did It!” Instrumental
  22. Rescue Attempt Instrumental
  23. “Buzz, You’re Alive!” Instrumental
  24. Buzz and Woody Fight Instrumental
  25. Buzz’s Mission Instrumental
  26. “It’s a Spaceship, Buzz” Instrumental
  27. Pizza Planet Rock Instrumental
  28. “What? Hello? A Space Port!” Instrumental
  29. The Claw Instrumental
  30. Dr. Sid Instrumental
  31. Mutant Toys Instrumental
  32. Woody’s Gone Instrumental
  33. “Sorry Guys, Dinner’s Canceled” Instrumental
  34. Scud Instrumental
  35. Buzz Lightyear Commercial Instrumental
  36. I Will Go Sailing No More Randy Newman
  37. Out the Window Instrumental
  38. Sid’s Toys Fix Buzz Instrumental
  39. The Big One Instrumental
  40. Sad Andy Instrumental
  41. “Buzz, I Need Your Help” Instrumental
  42. Working Together (Leads to Failure) Instrumental
  43. The Rescue Pt. 1 Instrumental
  44. Sid Counts Down Instrumental
  45. The Rescue Pt. 2: Play Nice, Sid Instrumental
  46. Chasing the Van Instrumental
  47. RC to the Rescue Instrumental
  48. To Infinity and Beyond Instrumental
  49. Together Again and a Very Merry Christmas Instrumental
  50. You’ve Got a Friend in Me Lyle Lovett and Randy Newman
  51. End Credits Instrumental

Disc Two

1. Strange Things Piano/Vocal Demo
  2. Plastic Spaceman Piano/Vocal Demo
  3. I Will Go Sailing No More Piano/Vocal Demo
  4. The Fool Piano/Vocal/Background Vocal Demo
  5. You’ve Got a Friend in Me Instrumental Version
  6. Strange Things Instrumental Version
  7. I Will Go Sailing No More Instrumental Version
  8. Thanking the Orchestra Spoken[/spoiler]

Source: [url]The Legacy Collection: Toy Story Soundtrack - Exclusive First Look & Track Listing - Pixar Post

Very pleased with that tracklist. First of all, disc 1 seems to cover the entirety of the movie (YES, they have the Pizza Planet truck music). Disc 2 contains some rare treasures from behind the scenes. I can’t believe we get to hear Randy Newman’s solo renditions of the songs… as well as his early mockups of “The Fool” and “Plastic Spaceman”… Alternate songs that eventually got replaced by “Strange Things” and “I Will Go Sailing No More”? Either way, everything about this release was done right.