ii - An Incredible Sequel - Need Views On Latest Story Idea

Okay, I don’t know why this thread was deleted from the Fan Fiction forum, but it could be that I could not find it in this forum, so delete this thread if the previous thread under the same title is still available.

Anyway, here are the chapters, again. I have added a “Chapter 2” but it is not completed, yet. I’ll update it soon.

Prologue: fanfiction.net/secure/live_p … &chapter=1

Chapter 1: fanfiction.net/secure/live_p … chapter=2/

Chapter 2: fanfiction.net/secure/live_p … chapter=3/

Very well done…good storyline.

Well, I read your recent updated chapter. I have enjoyed it. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

The teacher’s name is Bernie Smith huh? Well, is he the same teacher that accused Dash of putting a thumbtack on his chair? If it is, the teachers name is Bernie Kropp, not Smith.

Great chapter though.

Noted and corrected. Thanks for the tip, the movie never really revealed his first name, so I had difficulties there.

Anyway, I am working on Chapter 2 now, so it should not be too long before it is completed. Then again, do not get your hopes up; remember how long it took for a portion of the chapter to be even posted.

Well, I’ll let you know that I will always look out for your updates.

great job on the last chapter

Updated Chapter 2 again. Took me this long to add that much, so, I’ll be updating it real soon. It is a little difficult to see where the story last ended before the update, so I apologize for the inconvenience. :blush:

Chapter 2 fully completed. Now that it is completed, however, I know the title may not seem to really fit the chapter, but trust me - it is, you’ll read more about that ‘plan’ later on.

Working on Chapter 3 now and continuing! :smiley:

I can’t wait to read it Wboon!

Alright, because I am so excited about this idea, I can’t wait to leak at least a preview of Akai Tanner’s background information.

Akai Tanner, 15, Male. As mentioned in the middle of “Chapter 2,” he’s the captain of the West View Junior High soccer team, but he’s in fact more than that.

[spoil]What’s really exciting about this character, for me as a writer, is that he has such a sharp mind and keen senses that every element revolving round him needed to be dealt with carefully because every action he does has a deep meaning to it.

He knows fun when it’s time for it, but he can get very serious when it comes to his alternate hobby; solving crimes.[/spoil]

I won’t go anymore deeper, but it is very exciting for me and I hope it is as exciting for me readers as well. There will be a whole lot of twists revolving round him and Violet.

A note to the ‘Tolet’ (Tony and Violet shipping) fans, don’t worry. As appealing a guy Akai is in terms of intelligence and charisma, Tony will still be Violet’s first choice for a very long time to come. :wink:

Be sure to catch Akai Tanner in “ii - An Incredibles Sequel.”

• WBoon

Ooh, a new character! I can’t wait to see how he is going to fit into your story. Good luck!

so he will be in the next chapter…

great to see what he is like.

Alright, guys, it seems that I have finally got myself a writer’s block after a mere set of two chapters. Let me try and describe it as clearly as possible.

Since this is a fan fic portraying what might a sequel of “The Incredibles” be like, I couldn’t just focus all my attention on Violet’s love life (as much as I’m tempted to). Thus, I had been brain-storming about different ideas for the first fight scene Bob and Helen would go through.

At first, I tried with a fire-breathing dragon, but that just seemed too… out there, and if you noticed the villains in the film, they appeared to be your average, everyday criminals that went down the wrong path. Sure, Syndrome had a giant robot, but he was still very Earthly, not out there and definitely not outrageously unrealistic.

Then, I started thinking about what Metroville in those days would be like - you know, the suburban life style in the ‘80s.’ What kind of criminals existed then? What did the cities looked like (we were never really given much details on that in the film)? Was the crime rate severely threatening then? Etc, etc.

Also, I actually wanted this scene to be not just your ordinary trouble waiting to be cleaned up by Mr. I; I wanted it to link with another story line I had in mind for the fic. As the description of my fic claimed, it would involve a mysterious organization. I haven’t come up with a name for them, yet, but every event in the entire story has to contain some kind of link with this organization, whether it’s with their motive, their crime, or anything else related to them.

Therefore, I thought of having Mr. I and Elastigirl apprehending a group of mobsters who was actually working for the organization, unbeknownst to them. What goes on later shall remain a mystery.

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions? This Incredibles fan fic would show a darker side of the world of The Incredibles, so feel free to drop any suggestions that would help me in achieving that kind of tone in “ii – An Incredibles Sequel.” :wink:

sounds good…with options aplenty you could go anywhere with the story at that point.

I like the idea of Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl catching bad guys in some mystery organization. I hope you can get out of your writers block soon.

Phew! It has been a busy month, and the latest chapter isn’t relenting to me, either. I’ve had a writer’s block, the chapter was tedious to manage and the story difficult to plan out, so I apologize that once again, only half the chapter has been written so far.

However, I feel that the story lines up to this point are very engaging, especially with the Kari/Violet drama. Therefore, I thought it was alright to post the story prematurely at this point. :laughing:

Also, I ask that if it isn’t too troublesome, could someone review this half of the chapter? I would love to hear about the views regarding the choice of drama applied here. :wink: Thanks!

Chapter 3: Life - Part 1

Last but not least, be sure to catch the next update, where a new Super of a… younger generation, will show up at the movies! For those perceptive ones, you know what that means! :wink:

Wboon: The chapter you posted up isn’t working. Only you can view “live previews”, not anyone else.

Ah, sorry about that; I’ve fixed it, hopefully it works smoothly now. :blush:

Ah, that is much better now.

Well, after reading your progress of this chapter, here is what I have to say. I love your writing style. You describe everything with such incredible detail and great complexity. The car-chase scene was pretty intense. You had my eyes glued to the screen of my computer while reading it.

I kinda found the Violet/Kari scene a little confusing. The only part I got was Tony and Violet are going out tonight. Could you explain the rest?

Great chapter. Keep it up.

(PS: The car’s name is not called the Incredicar. I believe it is called the Incredibile, according to “The Essential Guide To THe Incredibles” book I have)

Thanks, TSS; where will I be without you? :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the confusion regarding the Kari/Violet scene, it is understandable, as there was the use of many female-describing terms in the passage (‘she’ and ‘her’), an aspect inevitable with both females at present in that part of the chapter. I’ve edited that part a little bit, too, hopefully it’s been made clearer now.

If it’s content-wise, well, the scene was basically telling the readers how Kari was slightly jealous that the guy she [Kari] had a crush on had only noticed Violet instead of her [Kari] now that she [Violet] had at then gained her self-esteem.

However, being Violet’s best friend and not wanting Violet to trouble herself over a matter she [Kari] considered to be minute and trivial, Kari kept silent about her true feelings towards this matter and, well, you get a depressive Kari slowly stepping into the crowd and a sorrowful scene where both Kari and Violet still ended up troubling themselves over something.

Violet, being Kari’s best friend, felt guilty over having fun when Kari is feeling all lonely, thus, she had second thoughts about going out with Tony. Tony sensed something was wrong, but Violet was too flustered to answer him at that moment.

So, as you can see, there are a lot of emotions exchanged there; that’s the effect I’m trying to achieve. Hopefully, it is as entertaining as what is about to come into the story in the future. :wink: