The Real World

Is this a good story from what you’ve read so far?

• Yes. It’s a great story. Keep on writing it!
  • No. I don’t like this story. It would be nice if you stopped writing it.

0 voters

This is my brand new Cars story! I hope you all enjoy it! I own the plot and the OC’s Nathan McQueen and Marianne. Here it is!

Chapter 1:

Lightning had drove Sally all the way up to the Wheel Well. He drove nice and slow the whole way up. There was no need to rush. In fact, if he did speed his way up, he would have been there too early. He wanted it to be perfect. When they finally reached the top, he pulled the car over to the side and got out. He had opened the door for his girlfriend. “Oh, Stickers. You’re such a gentleman.”

“Oh, I try.”

He took Sally’s hand and led her to the edge of the cliff. And there was the most beautiful sight any of them had seen in their life.

The sky was a mixture of pink, orange, and purple, making the sky look like a beautiful canvas painted by a master. The bright, warm glow of the light enhanced the burnt orange color of the uniquely shaped monuments that dotted the land. The monuments that made Ornament Valley a tourist attraction that brought a whole new generation of customers to Radiator Springs. The cool breeze was swirling around them like a graceful ballerina on a stage. The breeze that sent the sign of the cooler temperatures the desert brought at night. The sight was a perfect example of the little bit of true landscape the country possesed. The little bit of land that wasn’t devoured up by the construction of cities and interstates and things that particular kind. It was the most amazing sight that any of them had ever seen.

“Stickers. I-it’s so beautiful!” Sally exclaimed, at a loss for words.

But Lightning wasn’t paying attention to the scenery as much as Sally was. He was too busy staring at the woman beside him. Her cheeks glowed a light pink color from the sun hitting on them. The beams of light hit the waves of her light blonde hair just right so that the strands shined like the hair you’d expect an angel to have. Lightning only had eyes for Sally.

Sally noticed that Lightning didn’t reply. She turned her head slowly to look at him. “Stickers?”

Lightning just stared into Sally’s blue green eyes. The way the cool colors of her eyes contrasted the warm colors of the scenery around her made them stand out from everything else. “Completely beautiful.” he said quietly. Sally blushed at the statement, making her cheeks turn a deeper pink. She knew he wasn’t referring to the scenery.

Sally turned her head back to the phenomenal view, leaning into her boyfriend’s side. This was the type of thing Lightning never wanted to go away. A breathtaking view to share with the one person you care about most in the world. He wanted to be with Sally forever, and was about to tell her that tonight. He stuck his hand in his right front pocket where he had the ring he was going to give her was stored. It was the ring his father had used to propose to his mother. Sure the marriage didn’t last, but there was more behind the story on why it didn’t. They didn’t split up because they didn’t love each other. They split up because they loved each other. It was a complex story that showed true love. They were possibly the perfect example of it. They had always loved each other, and even after they divorced they did. He just hoped that they could get together again now that the only thing holding them back was gone. Thinking about them made him flashback on the previous events that had happened.

The events that had changed his life forever.

February 5, 2006

Lightning McQueen had just won his first race of the 2006 season. It was the first win with his new pit crew. And he had never felt better about a win.

His pit crew was, to him at least, the best on the circut. There was no one better than them. Luigi and Guido had practiced giving pit stops non stop hoping to keep their record breaking time. If they wanted Lightning to win, “they were gonna have to be fast,” keeping in mind something Doc had told the two at the Piston Cup. They may have all trained hard, but the two who had worked the hardest were Lightning and Doc.

Everyone had expected high standards coming from the Rust-eze Team this year. NASCAR’s most successful rookie of all time, Lightning McQueen, was teaming up with the one racer who had three Piston Cup wins in a row and 27 wins in a single season to his name, The Fabulous Hudson Hornet. The two had gone through so much training during the off season that you couldn’t even guess close to the amount of hours put in. That was one thing that Lightning didn’t like about the heat of the desert. It made his training a lot harder. But in the end, Lightning always somehow seemed to pull through. There was a lot more to their sucess than just a strong crew chief and racer bond. Friendship and trust played a huge role in their success, making them an unstoppable force both on and off the track. They weren’t just friends and teammates. They had a bond stronger than anyone could really imagine. They were like father and son. To Lightning, Doc was a better dad than Nathan, his real dad, ever was, and to Doc, Lightning was the son he never had.

Doc had been thinking about just how close the two had gotten on the whole trip home. The rest of the team had decided to leave two days earlier. For one, they didn’t have to stay behind for interviews and things of that nature. One thing that always stunk with being famous. So many interviews that they didn’t want to have. But it was just a small price to pay to live the dream. Mack also had to leave too for the fact that he had to head back to Ohio to visit his family. They were having a family reunion, and of course he had to come. That left just Lightning and Doc traveling alone along the monotony of the intersate highway system. They didn’t want to have to stay in hotels on the way back to Radiator Springs, so they drove all night. To make sure Doc didn’t fall asleep like Mack did, Lightning talked to him all night. And made sure he brought plenty of Mountain Dew to pump some caffeine into their systems. One thing they did was play a game called Two Truths and a Lie. They had to think up of two truths about themselves and one lie and see if the other person can guess the lie.

“All right. Here’s my two truths and a lie.” Lightning said, his turn being right then. “I got lost on a trip to Niagra Falls when I was 5, I had a total of 30 dogs live with me since I was born, and I once starred in a music video when I was 17.”

“Hm. . . I would have to guess the last one. I cand definately picture you getting lost and I know Nathan was a dog person.”

“Wrong. I did star in a music video when I was 17. Only you wouldn’t recognize me because I was a brunette then and I wore glasses instead of the contacts I wear today. The first one is wrong. I never even went to Niagra Falls. The only time I ever got lost was when I found myself in Radiator Springs.”

“Never would have guessed. Wait, you wear contacts?”

“Yeah.”

“Didn’t think you’d have to.”

“Well, I do. You’re turn.”

“Oh.” Doc paused for a moment to think. “Okay. I’ve thought up of what I want to say. I’ve written songs since I was a teenager about events I thought were significant at the time, I have relatives from Germany, and I failed home ec. one semester.”

“I think you’ve never written a song in your lifetime.”

“Actually, I have. I’ll show you one when we get back. I don’t have relatives from Germany. At least that I know of. If I do, I don’t know anything about it.”

“'Wow. You know, I always pictured you as the kind of guy to fail home ec.”

“Yeah. I can operate on a patient, I can fix a car, I can race, but I can’t sew a simple bag. Sewing is my worst nightmare. At least I can cook. If I couldn’t, I would have failed home ec. for the year.”

The time went by fast on their trip home by asking each other questions back and forth. Soon, they reached the exit for Radiator Springs. The exit that led them to the Mother Road, Route 66.

“I can’t wait to be back home.” Lightning said.

“I think I know why.” Doc said to him with a wink.

“It’s cause I miss. . . everyone like crazy!”

“There’s a reason why there’s one in everyone, kid. I’m not naive.”

Lightning just blushed a little at that.

When they finally reached town, they headed into Flo’s, the town’s favorite hangout, to catch up with everyone. And to get a quick bite to eat. “Hey guys! Wer’e ba-ack!” Lightning shouted.

“Hey, buddy! How was Daytony?” Mater asked, motioning for the two racers to come sit by him.

Lightning chuckled a little when Mater said Daytony instead of Daytona. “It was awesome! And of course if you didn’t know by now, we won!”

“A’ight!”

“Hey, where’s Sally?”

“She wanted ta go on a jog up ta da Wheel Well.”

Just as Lightning was on his way out to see her, everyone else decided to make this their chance to say their welcomes. Why couldn’t they had said welcome to me earlier? I wanna see Sally again so badly!

Doc knew one thing, and it was that Lightning liked to brag a little sometimes. And he was gonna let the kid. It was only his second season. That kid isn’t just gonna grow up in one season. “Okay, anyone here wanna hear about Daytona?”

Everyone left and went back to what they were doing. He also knew that they weren’t always interested, giving Lightning a chance to go see Sally.

“They hate my version of the race, don’t they?” Lightning asked Doc, getting up to leave.

He exited Flo’s and walked out to his car and was about to get in when he saw Sally come down the street. She stopped right outside of Ramone’s. She bent downward, her hands on her knees, breathing heavily. “That’s the last time I’m doing that.” she said inbetween breaths. Even sweaty, Sally looked beautiful to Lightning. When she came up, she noticed Lightning walking towards her. “Hey, Stickers. I see you’re back from Daytona.”

“Yep. You know, I missed you the entire time I was gone.”

“I figured you’d say that. You said that the last time you were gone.”

“But it’s only because it’s true.” he said, leaning in for a kiss. Sally leaned in too, and soon their lips were locked together in a passionate kiss. He couldn’t believe he was going to do this, but he wanted to tell Sally how he really felt about her. “I love you, Sally.”

Sally was completely surprised. She couldn’t believe she just heard those words come out of his mouth. She had been expecting him to say it one of these days, but it still caught her off guard. “I love you too.”

Lightning was so happy at this moment. He never had loved a girl who in return loved him back. And now he finally has found one who does. He walked Sally all the way back to her place so she could get a shower and change.

That night at Flo’s, when all of the customers had left, the residents just sat around and talked, enjoying the company of their friends.

“It was 1939, and the world was thrown into another World War,” Sarge was narrating a war story to Luigi and Guido.

“Not at all any love, man,” Filmore slurred.

“Oh, go drink some something, would you! I don’t care what, just as long as it gets you away from me!” Sarge barked back.

Guido said something in Italian, and Sarge demanded to know what it was.

“Who, Guido? He only asked if you would shutup,” Luigi interpreted as if he agreed with Guido.

“Why you three! Can’t you respect…” and Sarge went on and on.

“His car had the only bumper I’d seen with a spare on. I asked him if he had room to spare. I’ve got a spare couch…” Lizzie rambled on.

“And then out of now wheres he popped out and ate him!” Mater exclaimed, telling poor old Red a ghost story. Red wasn’t taking it very well, and who could blame him when it’s Mater telling the story for he jumps and spits in your face.

“Remember that time when I caught those state-wanted criminals and you helped me bring 'em to justice?” Sheriff was talking with Doc.

“Yep. Those were the good old days.” Doc replied.

As everyone had their own conversations, Lightning sat back in silence and observed them with Sally at his side. When he noticed a questioning look on her face, he explained, “What more can anyone ask for? This is pure happiness and peace in a charming way.”

Sally nodded and burrowed her side into Lightning even more.

“What are you two swooning over?” Doc suddenly asked them.

“Life,” Lightning answered. “Our town… we have each other to love,“he nuzzled Sally as he said that,” and to care for one another. Life is good.” He concluded, and turned to Sally and began telling her how pretty he thought she was.

Doc reversed a little so he could gaze at the sky. He loved the way the stars were shining tonight.

“Yeah, life is good… for now. Don’t take it for granted though, son,” he whispered to himself as he watched Lightning and Sally talk. He then repeated even more softly, “For now…”

This is chapter 1. I’ll try to have chapter 2 up as soon as possible.

Not bad…much better then your last one. I can see the developement you made and the leap of creativity in this one.

The romance between Lightning and Sally is good…well done. The whole story was a great way to ease back into a sequel to cars…if this ever was.

Review-8.5/10

Here’s chapter 2!

The next day, Lightning woke up from a good night’s sleep. He usually didn’t like to wake up at 7:00 a.m., but he wanted to be up earlier so he could have more time to spend with his friends. Them, and Sally. He pulled himself out of bed and got dressed in a Panic! At the Disco t-shirt he had gotten straight from their fanclub which he was a part of and a pair of old blue jeans. When it came to Lightning’s style, he had a lot of t-shirts from bands he liked. That, and shirts that had other types of logos on them. Kinda like sponsors, but they didn’t pay him anything. And he chose them instead of them choosing him. He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth and combed his hair. He loved his blonde hair, but one problem he had and still has with it is that it gets a bedhead easily. And it’s hard to keep from getting messy in the day. But he didn’t mind that too much. Well, at least after he overheard Sally saying she kinda likes it a little messier. But even then, the bedhead is just too much. After that, he realized he didn’t get a shower yet. “How in the world could I forget that! And after I combed my hair! Oh!”

After he finished getting ready, he headed out to Flo’s. “Hey, look who decided not to sleep in until 2 this morning!” Doc called out.

“Ha, ha. Very funny.” Lightning replied, coming to sit down by him, Mater, and Sally.

“Why did you wake up so early?”

“Just wanted to.”

Doc put his hand on Lightning’s forehead. “What are you doing?” Lightning asked.

“Checking if you’ve got a fever.”

“What makes you think that?” Lightning said, wiping Doc’s hand off his hand.

“You never want to get up earlier than at least 11.”

“Well, I wanted to have more time to spend with you guys. Being gone in Daytona made me realize that I don’t spend enough time with my friends.”

“I still think that it’s odd to hear you say you actually want to get up earlier.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“So, Stickers, you still up for the movie tonight at the drive-in?” Sally asked her boyfriend.

“I thought we were gonna go tractor tippin’!” Mater protested.

“Mater, you do know we are going tractor tipping tomorrow, right?”

“We are?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Oops.” Lightning laughed and Doc just rolled his eyes.

“Same old Mater.” Lightning said to himself. “Since you seemed so excited to do something with me, why don’t you and I go do something fun.”

“I’ve got an idea, buddy! Why don’t we go do some backwards drivinn’!”

“That sounds like fun, but remember, not on the roads yet. I’m still not that great.”

“Ah, come on! Yu’re good at it!”

“Not that good.”

“All right. We’ll stay on da dirt roads.”

Right before Lightning was about to go on the date at the drive-in with Sally, he decided to go back to his place and grab his wallet. He was gonna pay for the tickets. Why have his girlfriend pay when he had more money than he could ever spend in a lifetime? When he was just about out the door, his phone rang. This better not take me long for I can’t be late for this date. He picked up the phone and said, “Hello?”

“Lightning! Is that you!?” came a frantic voice on the other end.

“Mom? What’s wrong!?”

“It’s your dad!”

All of the sudden, a bunch of memories flowed back to him. He shuddered as he though of them. “That’s not a good thing, is it?”

“No! He’s found out my secret and now he’s angry!”

“What secret!? It can’t be that bad that he’s gonna come for you!”

“It is. And it’s about you.”

“About me!?”

“It’s best that I tell you now before Nathan comes.” she said, her voice shaking. “I’ve kept this a secret not only from him but from you so that you’d never spill it.”

“What is it? If it involves me, I have to know.”

“Nathan’s not your real dad.”

“What!?”

“He-he’s just a step-dad. Me and your real dad divorced when I was pregnant with you. I never wanted to tell him that I had you with your real dad so that he wouldn’t be hurt. He already hurt him once in the past. I couldn’t have him be hurt again.”

“If you didn’t want to have him be hurt, you must have still loved him.”

“It’s complicated, and I don’t have the time to tell you the story. But I can tell you who he is.”

“Who? Who!?”

“It’s-” she stopped short. He heard a door bang open on the other line. “I gotta go.” his mom said quickly. After that, the line went dead.

“Mom!?” Soon he collapsed to the ground and broke down in tears. He knew what happened whenever his dad was angry. Then, a memory flashed back to him.

“D-dad. What’s wrong?” Lightning said.

“Shut up you worthless waste of space!” Nathan said. He picked up a young 8-year-old Lightning and slapped him across the face. Then he dropped Lightning onto the ground.

“W-what d-did I do?”

Nathan didn’t answer, but only kicked Lightning across the floor and left, leaving Lightning hurt and in tears.

He didn’t go to school the next day for he was still hurting from the abuse. He was feeling a little better the day after that, so he went to school. Half way through the day, his strength was completely gone and he passed out in the middle of math class. He was taken directly to the hospital, only to wake up the next day. He had to be brought home by one of the doctors for his dad never came to get him. As it turns out, his dad was recovering from a hangover at the time of the call that the doctors had given to tell him that Lightning was in the hospital. He never checked his messages after that. It was then when Lightning realized that he should have been given his mother’s custody when they divorced.

Lightning was always abused whenever his father got drunk, which was most of the time. He soon became a frequent patient at the nearby hospital. His main friends at the time were the doctors and nurses there. He never got the chance to hang out with kids his age. He was even surprised that he graduated high school with all of the days he missed. When Lightning was 15, his dad got arrested for DUI. For once, he finally lived a normal life. The whole time from when he was 8 to 15, he had been schooled by the doctors at the hospital, and somehow managed to skip a grade from learning even in the summer. So when he went back to school, he was a junior at 15. That was when he met up with his new friends, who turned out to be a group of gangsters. Their names were Ben, Derek, Sean, and Wyatt, but were better known as Boost, DJ, Snot Rod, and Wingo. That was when he first got into racing.

His friends loved to race against each other, and the police sometimes, trying to outrun them. When Lightning turned 16 on November 18, he went to get his driver’s liscence. The first thing his friends did with him after that was challenge him to a race. Lightning accepted and he won.

A year later, Lightning was a senior, and his dad was let out of jail for good behavior. Lightning tried to hide out at Derek’s house for his dad didn’t know who he was friends with. But soon he was found out. Lightning was taken back home and abused again. Lightning was able to graduate high school that year. But since he was only 17 when he graduated, he knew he legally couldn’t get out of the house. His dad wouldn’t allow Lightning out of the house until he was 21.

That year, he started participating in the regional car races sponsored under Smell Swell Deodorizer. He may have been the youngest racer there at first, but he was definately the fastest. When Lightning picked up racing, his dad abused him less. Only when he lost a race did he get abused. He worked harder than any other racer on the circut, but not because he wanted to win, but because he had to. The will for him to win helped him become a better racer in the years to come. The next year, his friends got out of jail for a vandalism crime. Lightning would have been with them too if he wasn’t in a coma at the time. They proved to be no threat to him at the time. When Lightning’s sponsor dropped him for a younger racer when he was 20, he was found by Mack. He told Lightning that his bosses at were looking for a new sponsor. Lightning quickly agreed and they traveled together all the way up to Boston where the headquarters were. There, he became sponsored by Rust-eze. That year, NASCAR officials found Lightning and he was to race in the Piston Cup the next season. He told his dad he had been accepted into the Piston Cup, and his dad didn’t say anything. He only said that Lightning was to scram the second he turned 21. That November 18, he turned 21 and left the house to live with Derek again. When he got to Derek’s he was told that he wasn’t allowed. He tried his other three friend’s houses, and they didn’t let him in. They had wanted to race in the Piston Cup all of their lives, and they didn’t get accepted. They weren’t gonna forgive Lightning for taking their dreams away. So Lightning lived with his new friend, Mack until the 2005 Piston Cup season started.

He knew that Nathan was the main reason for him getting into racing. It wasn’t just because of his dad being a racer. It was who his friends were. And he never would have became friends with them if he wasn’t abused. He would have had his old friends. Even though he had a lot to thank for because of him, his life when he was a kid was still a living nightmare. And now his mother had to go through it. And this time, he had a reason to be angry. His mother had lied to him, and Lightning had never done that to him. He cried even more knowing there was a high chance his mother may not survive.

[i]This chapter is so good, isn’t it? I so felt like sharing Lightning’s backstory here. And you also get a motive on why Boost, DJ, Snot Rod, and Wingo had made Mack fall asleep. They were angry at Lightning for taking away their only chance at becoming racecar drivers. I do not own all of that though. Some of it actually does belong to Pixar. How do I know you ask? I got this book called World of Cars and it tells the backstories of some characters. The whole Lightning being in regional races sponsored by Smell Swell Deodorizer and then dropped only for Mack to find him and take him to Boston to be sponsored by Rust-eze is in that book. That is not mine. I just needed to point out that that is not my original idea. I had to include it into this.

Sorry I couldn’t get this chapter up sooner. My internet is giving me problems. It isn’t giving a connection. If it was, I’d probably be putting chapter 3 up right now. It’s not my fault the internet’s not working and I can’t fix it, even though I wish I could.[/i]

Here’s chapter 3. I hope you like it.

Chapter 3:

To Sally, the bright orange color of the many caution cones of different sizes that were scattered all over her room were just the opposite of how she felt. She didn’t feel so orangy. More like blue. And not the light blue color of her Porsche. She felt like the most depressing blue out there. Why? Her boyfriend had stood her up.

Lightning was supposed to pick her up to take her to the drive-in for their date. When she noticed he was a little late, she understood that he could have had a late practice with Doc or Mater wanted to tip just one more tractor with him. But when he was a half hour late, she lost her hope. Now was one hour after Lightning was supposed to pick her up. She was on the berge of tears. No. Be strong Sally. You’ve dated other boys before back in L.A. and they’ve stood you up. You should be used to it. But why is it so different with Stickers? Then she remembered. “I love you, Sally.” He had told her that, and the next day, stood her up. Lightning was the first guy she ever truly fell in love with. Just then, she lost all her strength and broke down, tears streaming down her face. “Why?” she asked to herself. “Why would you do this to me, Stickers!?”

Flo was busy mopping white and black 50’s styled floor in her cafe cleaning up for the night when a very distressed Sally burst through the doors. “Flo!” she called out. Flo noticed Sally’s face was tear-stained.

“Honey, what’s wrong?”

“Stickers stood me up!” Sally said, tears coming back to her eyes.

“Oh Sally! Here. Let me make you a sundae, free of charge. Ice cream is a great comfort food.”

“Thanks Flo.” Sally said, sniffling.

Flo made Sally a hot fudge sundae, knowing chocolate is another good comfort food. Sally started to eat it the second Flo set it down. “Why would he have stood me up!? He told me he loves me yesterday!”

“He did? Well, shucks. He probably didn’t mean it. Maybe something came up.”

“And he didn’t tell me about it? I know him. He would have told me if their was a change in plans.”

“Well, whatever the reason, I’m sure he didn’t mean to hurt you.”

The next day, Lightning didn’t feel any better. He just lied on his bed, head up towards the ceilling. The sounds of My Chemical Romance poured out through his iHome. He got addicted to their sound back when he was friends with Boost, DJ, Snot Rod, and Wingo. He loved the whole edgy, dark punk sound. It was different, but in a good way. But it also served as music to listen to when he was depressed. He would take in the deep lyrics about life and death and analyze their every meaning. His room had no light in it. The lights were turned off and the blinds were closed, not letting any natural sunlight in. Why have light when you didn’t feel sunny and cheerful?

Doc had been waiting for Lightning to show up for practice for about an hour.He probably slept in. Again. Gotta love the kid, but this can get annoying.He pulled out his cell phone and called Lightning’s number. All he got was his voice mail. “Hey, kid. Get out to Willy’s Butte now. You’ve got practice. And in case you are asleep, let me say something. Wake up!!!” But Lightning never heard the message. Even the “Wake up!!!” part. His music was too loud.

After another half-hour, Doc got fed up with this. He headed over to Lightning’s house. When he entered the house, he heard the sound of My Chemical Romance.I don’t wanna know what this music even is. He noticed the room was almost pitch black. Must be sleeping. He turned on the lights. Lightning squinted as his eyes got adjusted to the light. Doc noticed Lightning was awake. “Lightning. Practice at Willy’s Butte. Remember? I left a message on your phone a half-hour ago.”

Oops. Must have not heard it. My music was on too loud. Oh well.

Doc noticed just how depressed Lightning looked. “Lightning?” he asked with concern in his voice. He got no reply. He came and sat down by Lightning. “Is there something bothering you? You know you can tell me anything, right?” Still nothing. Doc got up and decided to leave Lightning alone. He knew what it was like to be depressed. “Just come to me when you’re ready.” he told Lightning before turning off the light for him again and shutting the door.

Doc was at Flo’s just sipping on one of her homemade strawberry shakes when he noticed the look on Sally’s face. She looked like her heart was crushed. Could Lightning and Sally have gotten into a fight? He took his milkshake and moved over to where Sally was. She was sitting in the one corner of the cafe that didn’t get much sunlight from the angle the sun was in the sky at that time. “Sally? Is something wrong?”

“I got stood up last night.”

Stood up? That doesn’t sound right. Why would Lightning be depressed then?

“Have any idea why?”

“No. He just did.”

“That’s not right. Sally, he’s crazy for you. It’s hard to get the kid to shut up whenever he starts talking about you.” Sally blushed at that statement. “Also, I walked into his room today and he was depressed. Wouldn’t even talk to me.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I dunno. But it might have something to do on why Lightning stood you up.”

“Have any idea what is making him depressed?”

“My guess is he recieved some bad news. If I hadn’t, I wouldn’t had been depressed after I was told I couldn’t race anymore.”

“And he may have forgotten the date after hearing the news. Oh, poor Stickers.”

“We’ll try to see what’s wrong. But let’s wait a little though. If he didn’t open up half an hour ago, I doubt he will now. It’s best to leave him alone.”

“He may have not told you anything, but he might tell me.”

“I don’t know. Not even Marianne could get me to open up when I was depressed, and I love her like crazy.”

“We’ll see.” she said, certain that when Lightning heard her voice, he’d tell her everything.

“Stickers?” she asked as she entered his dark, depressing room. She turned on the light, almost blinding Lightning again.

Not again.

“Doc told me something’s bugging you. What’s wrong?” Sally asked in a sweet, smooth voice.

I don’t wanna talk about it.

“Stickers?” Still no answer. "Doc’s right. You really are depressed. Sally turned off the light making the room pitch black again and went back outside.

“Didn’t I tell you?”

“I just it would work.”

“I don’t blame you for trying though.”

“Hopefully he’ll get out of this in time for his next race.”

“I’m gonna have to consider scratching him out. He’ll be behind in points, but I can’t have him go out there like this.”

“True. I wouldn’t want him to go out there and then-” She couldn’t even finish the sentence. She didn’t need to remind herself of just how dangerous racing can be.

Doc nodded his head, showing he understood. “We’ll just have to wait and see.”

Later that day, Doc was back at his place, flipping through TV channels looking for something good to watch. That was the problem with daytime TV. Not much on. As he got to the news stations, he went past a headline that shocked him. “Wait. Was that?” He flipped back to CNN and saw the news. Marianne Walker, his ex-wife, had been assulted. “No. It can’t be true.”

“Marianne Walker was assulted last night in her home in Oklahoma.” said the announcer. “She is now in the hospital due to severe injuries.”

Doc immediately turned off the TV. He didn’t want to hear anymore. He let it all sink in. His Marianne, the only woman he’ll ever love, has been assulted. “If I ever find out who hurt her, I sware he’ll be locked up in jail before he can even blink!”

Since I got both chapter 4 and 5 done, I’m gonna combine them into one post. Hope you don’t mind. :smiley:

Chapter 4:

The next day, Lightning had decided to actually get some fresh air. It had been over 24 hours since he heard of the news. He would have been told if his mother was dead. The first thing he decided to do was go to Flo’s. He hadn’t eaten anything since the news, so he was hungry. When he entered the cafe, he everyone was relieved. “Good to know you’re feeling better, Stickers.” Sally said.

“Thanks.”

“Sally and Doc told me everything. I’m so sorry for ya buddy. I didn’t even know what was wrong.” Mater told him.

“I was still upset.”

“Stickers, you missed our date that night.”

“I did? I’m so sorry! Please don’t think I stood you up. I didn’t mean to miss it!”

“It’s okay. I understand.”

Lightning then noticed that Doc didn’t come up to him. He looked over and saw Doc was depressed. He came over to sit down by his crew chief. “Doc? What’s gotcha down?”

“The only woman I’ve ever loved and probably ever will love has been assulted. She’s in the hospital right now.”

“What? My mom got assulted also.”

“That’s why you were upset?”

“Yeah. It happened the night of what was supposed to be me and Sally’s date.”

“So did Marianne’s.” The two sat in silence for a second. “Do you think there could be a connection?”

“Doubt it. My dad assulted my mom. She called me saying that he found out her secret and that he was coming for her.”

“What was the secret?”

“That she had me with someone else.”

“What?”

“It’s true. He’s not even my dad.”

Doc looked at Lightning for a decent amount of time. “I can actually see that. You look nothing at all like Nathan now that I think about it.”

“What do you think happened with Marianne?”

“I don’t know. I couldn’t watch the news anymore after I heard she was in the hospital.”

“Where is she?”

“Somewhere in Oklahoma.”

“You should go see her.”

“I’m not sure. I may still love her after the divorce, but I don’t know if she still does. I don’t know what would happen if I go see her.”

“Hey, you never get anywhere by not trying.”

“'True. I’d have to find out which hospital exactly she is in.”

“Wait. You think you’d be able to get back in time for my next race?”

“Uh. . .”

“You scratched me out, didn’t you?”

“Yeah.” Lightning looked annoyed. “I didn’t know if you were gonna get out of your depression in time for the next race. I couldn’t have you race in a state like that. There’s the possibility that you could have gotten into a crash. I couldn’t let myself put you into a situation like that. I wouldn’t be able to live knowing you got hurt like I did.”

“Well, thanks for that. Even though I didn’t need it in the end.”

“Hey, better safe than sorry.”

“So, about Marianne-”

“Why do you want me to see her so badly?”

“You love her, don’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“Then show her that you do.”

“That does make sense. I’ll have to see.”

Doc spent half an hour after he left Flo’s debating whether or not to see Marianne. I really want to see her again so badly! But what if she doesn’t want to see me! I mean, we’ve been divorced for over 22 years. She’s probably moved on. A woman like her could easily find another guy. Then again, she’s not married. The news did use her maiden name, Walker. But she could be dating. But what if she hasn’t moved on. What if she wants me to see her? I mean, I’ve been waiting for a chance to see Marianne again for years and now one’s popped up. And it could be the last chance. She could die. That’s it. I don’t care if she may not want to see me. This could be my only chance and I want to see her again.

Just then, a voice interrupted his thoughts. “Hey, Doc!” said a youthful, lively male voice. It was Lightning. He had a big smile on his face. Which usually meant one thing. . . “Wanna race?” Bingo.

Doc just chuckled. It was hard to tun Lightning down. He loved to race against the kid and also to spend time with him. “Have I ever turned you down before?”

“Um. . . No.”

“Willy’s Butte?”

“You’re on! Meet ya there!” Lightning dashed off and headed for his racecar. Doc smiled at the young racer. He picked up a picture frame that held a picture of the two. They were standing by each other with their arms wrapped around each other. The picture was taken of them at the Christmas party. Since winters were always warm in Arizona, they had a party outside. They were wearing caps that were their own racing merchandise, Lightning’s being red with his name and the number 95 on it and Doc’s being blue with his name and the number 51 on it. They were smiling the biggest smiles that you had ever seen on any of them. It was that day that Doc first saw Lightning as his son. They had bonded so much during that day. He knew it was only a matter of time before he would most likely consider adopting Lightning. He deserves a good father after having to be raised by Nathan. Maybe. . .

Lightning and Doc were in their final lap. The two racers were neck and neck approaching the first turn. Lately they’ve been getting more ties than wins, and they were hoping for another win. Especially Lightning who never won. “Be prepared to eat my dust again, rookie!” Doc called to him through his crew chief headphones. Whenever they raced, Doc would wear the headphones so that he could also teach Lightning tricks while they were racing.

“Not this time! I’ve gotten better at this, and I think I’m capable of beating you!”

“Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is?”

“Doc, I’m not gonna bet you.”

“Think you’re gonna lose?”

“No. I don’t wanna bet until we’re out of this tying streak.”

“True.”

They were now on the straightaway, approaching the dreaded second turn. The one Lightning used to suck at. They both “turned right to go left” and drifted the turn. When they came out of it, Doc noticed that Lightning had come out a few feet ahead of his bumper. He knew that Lightning was gonna win for the first time. He couldn’t help but be full of pride. He had been training Lightning ever since they became a team, and he couldn’t believe that already, his student was gonna beat him in a race. The second Lightning crossed the finish line, Lightning cheered out a triumphant “Yes!” He had finally won. “I did it! I won!” He stopped his car, and Doc did a few seconds later after he crossed the finish line. The two jumped out of their cars and Doc ran up to Lightning and immediately pulled into an embrace.

“You did it! You finally did it! I knew you could do it!” When they seperated, Lightning looked up into Doc’s eyes and saw that they had tears of joy in them.

“I couldn’t have done it without you, Doc. You’ve taught me everything I know. I would have never been able to win without your help.”

“I’m so proud of you, son.”

Lightning smiled at that. “You have no idea what those words mean to me. Nathan was never there for anything I did, and even if he was, he never told me he was proud of me.”

He never what? Oh, Lightning. Maybe I should consider adoption. He would make a good son.

After the race, Lightning and Doc decided to hang out outside at Lightning’s place. “Hey, Doc.”

“Yeah.”

“Didn’t you tell me on the way home from Daytona that you wrote songs?”

“Yeah.”

“You never showed me.”

“I did say I was gonna, didn’t I?”

“I mean, you don’t have to. It’s just that I wanted to be sure I wasn’t forgetting things.”

“I wouldn’t mind showing you. I would mind singing them though. I’ve never really sang to anyone before, and I don’t think I’m that good.”

“I understand. Songwriters don’t nessecarily have to be good singers. I mean, come on. You’re a racer. Not the lead singer of the Rolling Stones or something like that.”

“Exactly. Well, since I did tell you I would showcase one of my songs, I’m gonna go do that.”

Doc got up off of the ground and walked off towards his place. “Hey! Don’t leave me! I’m coming with you!” Lightning called out as he got up to follow Doc. “I’m getting lonely!”

Doc chuckled as Lightning said that. “I’ll only be a sec. You won’t be lonely for long.”

Right outside of Radiator Springs, a tall, big man with dark brown eyes and medium brown hair stood their watching the scene. “Oh, Hudson. Who would’ve thought that after the crash we’d see each other again. But this time, it’s not a race. And it’s much, much worse.”

All of the sudden, Doc turned his head towards the man. “Nathan.”

Chapter 5:

“Nathan.” Doc said under his breath, but loud enough for Lightning to hear it.

“What!? Where!?” Lightning said, panic in his voice.

Doc turned his head and looked at Lightning to see he was shaking. “Lightning? What’s wrong?”

“He’s here for me!” Lightning called out. He put his hands on Doc’s shoulders. “Please don’t let him get me! There’s no telling what he could do!”

“What do you mean?”

Doc was cut off when Nathan came and tackled him to the ground. “Doc!” Lightning called out.

“What do you want, Nathan?”

“What do you mean ‘What do you want?’ You know exactly why I’m here. What you did with my ex.”

“What ex?”

Nathan picked up Doc and said, “Quit that little act of yours. You know exactly what you did.”

“I’ve got no idea what you’re even talking about!”

Nathan decided that this was useless and threw Doc down to the ground. “Doc!” Lightning called out. He was about to run over to his side when Nathan pinned him to the side of a building. “W-what do you want me for?”

“Oh, like you have no idea either. I’m here for both of you guys.”

“B-but why?”

“To get rid of you.”

Lightning looked over and saw Doc trying to get up, hurt from what happened. Tears started to form in Lightning’s eyes. He couldn’t see Doc like this. Then he looked back at Nathan. He was suddenly filled with anger at him for doing this. Not just for that, but for hurting him all of his life. It was almost as if some fightning instinct had kicked in. Lightning took his knee and kicked him right in the guts. Nathan let go of his hold of Lightning as he held his stomach. Lightning took a run for it, heading over to Doc. “No you don’t!” Nathan called out.

“Doc! Are you all right!?” Lightning asked.

“A little hurt in the back, but other than that, I’m fine.” straining in his voice.

“Oh, Doc. I can’t believe he did this to you.”

Soon Nathan pulled out a gun.

“Lightning. Run.”

“But, what about you!?”

“Just go.”

“No! I can’t leave you here while your’e hurt. You could get killed!” Lightning soon had tears running down his face.

“But it’s better than if you did.”

“But-”

“Just go!”

“No. I’m not gonna let this happen.” Lightning got up and blocked Nathan from being able to shoot Doc. “If you’re gonna hurt him, you’re gonna have to go through me!”

“Piece of cake.” Nathan snarled. He shot the gun and Lightning ducked, only getting shot in the shoulder. Lightning screamed out in pain as he gripped the bloody shoulder.

Doc looked over at Lightning and saw how hurt he was. Almost as if a fatherly instinct kicked in, he stood up despite the pain and ran up to Nathan and punched him right in the face giving him a bloody nose and making him drop his gun. It may have hurt him to do so, but Doc had to protect Lightning. He couldn’t let Lightning die. Nathan tried to return the punch only to be put into a headlock from Doc. Soon, Nathan got out of the grip and ran towards Lightning. Lightning tried to make a run for it but fell when he tripped over Nathan’s gun giving him a sprained ankle. Lightning prepared for the impact when he realized that it didn’t come. He looked up and saw Doc was wrestling Nathan. Doc at the right time threw a punch and knocked Nathan out, only for Doc to pass out due to weakness right after. “Doc!!” Lightning cried out, his face streaming with tears. He ran up to Doc, ignoring the pain it sent to his ankle and immediately checked for a pulse. When he found one, though it was weak, Lightning relaxed a little. But he was still worried. He knew that Doc might not make it. He buried his face into Doc’s chest, crying his heart out for the man he wished was his dad.

The next day, both Lightning and Doc were in the hospital and it was announced that Doc’s final punch had killed Nathan. Lightning was relieved that Nathan wouldn’t hurt him ever again, but was still worried for Doc. Lightning had been put on crutches and had a bandage wrapped around his right shoulder. The hospital. A very familar landscape for me. At least this time, I’m not alone.

“Stickers!” Sally cried out when she saw him. “Are you all right!?”

“Yeah. I’m okay.”

“Good.” she said, nuzzling up against her boyfriend.

“I’m just worried for Doc though. There’s a chance that he won’t make it.”

“You don’t have to worry. Doc’s tough. He’ll make it out of this.”

“I just hope you’re right.”

The day after that, Lightning was allowed out of the hospital. Doc was still in a coma from the fight. Lightning didn’t even bother to go see Doc. He couldn’t look at him like that. It hurt him too much. The first thing he did was head out to the racing museum. He wanted to be alone in Doc’s wing of it. He looked around at all of the pictures. The museum had things from Doc’s rookie year as The Fabulous Hudson Hornet to his wreck, and to his comeback as Lightning’s crew chief. Doc was legendary, and Lightning knew that even though he could beat him at a race, he could never live up to him. Doc wasn’t just a great racer, he was an even better dad to him. Doc treated Lightning with love, care, understanding; all of the things a son would look for in a dad. He loved the ex-racer with all of his heart and couldn’t believe that there was a chance that he may be gone from his life. Lightning started to cry thinking about that. He never wanted Doc to leave him.

Later that day before Lightning went to bed, he knelt down and prayed, something he did every night. “Dear God. I thank you for sparing my life once again. You are almighty for all that you have done for me. Now I ask for a favor in return. Please spare Doc’s life also. He did nothing wrong and doesn’t deserve to die for protecting me. Just please help him recover from this. I love him, and I can’t let him leave me.”

Days became weeks and Doc was still in the coma. Every night Lightning prayed for him. He got more and more worried each day. For the past weeks, he had The King be his crew chief during the races. He was grateful for Strip’s kindness, but he just couldn’t click with the seven time Piston Cup winner like he could with Doc. Lightning had trouble concentrating, but still managed to get first place, earning back the points he lost from the one race he was scratched out of a few weeks ago. Lightning felt bad about it, but he hadn’t gone to see Doc the entire time. He just didn’t want to look at Doc like that. But one day, Sally got to him.

“Stickers, you have to go see him.”

“Why? It’s not like he knows I’m even there.”

“He can. He can hear you. Wouldn’t you have liked to hear the voice of someone you cared about in your comas?”

“True.”

“Besides. It might help.”

Sally took Lightning and they headed to the room where Doc was at. Lightning walked through the doorway and one look at Doc made him turn around. “I can’t do this, Sal.” he said, tears running down his face. “I can’t stand to look at him this way.”

“You can. Just go.”

Lightning turned back around and kneeled down by Doc’s bedside. “Doc. Please don’t leave me. I can’t let you go. You’ve always been there for me since we’ve became a team, and I’ve grown to care for you. Please don’t go! You’re like a father to me and I love you. Just please don’t go!” By now tears were streaming down Lightning’s face and he soon buried his face into Doc’s chest like he did that one night. Sally had started crying too at what Lightning had said.

“Y-you love me?” a voice asked weakly.

Lightning looke up and saw that Doc had finally woken up. “Doc! You’re awake!” Lightning shouted, tears freely falling down his face. Lightning hugged Doc gently, not wanting to hurt him.

“I wasn’t going anywhere.” Doc said, stronger this time, but still weak, and a small smile appearing on his face.

Doc returned the hug and had tears starting to fall down his face also. “Thank you, Doc.” Lightning said. “For everything you’ve done for me.”

Doc just hugged Lightning even tighter. “You don’t have to worry any more. Nathan isn’t gonna hurt you ever again.”

There you have it! No, this is not the ending. We still have to find out who Lightning’s dad is. Then the sequal! I don’t know if I’ll put it on here though. It’s a crossover with something not Pixar, so I don’t know if I can put it on here. If you can’t find it on here, check fanfiction or deviantart (same usernames as on here) for the sequal. I don’t know a whole lot of people who are actually reading this, so it doesn’t exactly matter. But just in case. :wink:

Here is chapter 6!

Chapter 6:

For the next couple of days while Doc was still kept in the hospital, Lightning went to see him as much as he could. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with him to make up for the past couple of weeks. The day Doc was able to get out of the hospital, Lightning was there. When that came, Doc was feeling much better. His back hadn’t put him in a wheelchair for the time being. It had healed up during his time in the hospital.

“Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to go through the races?” Doc asked him the second they got back hom.

“I had Strip cover for you.”

“That was nice of him.”

“It was. And even though I’m thankful for that, it wasn’t easy. I found it hard to, well, you know, connect.”

“It’s understandable.”

“But I still managed to get first place each time.”

“That’s good. Make up the points I kinda made you lose. Sorry 'bout that.”

“Ah, it’s okay. You were worried about me. The least I can do is say thanks. Nathan would never do anything like that for me.”

“I still can’t believe you were forced to go through a life like that. I’m surprised a guy like him raised up such an amazing kid like you.” Doc said, running his hand through Lightning’s hair.

Lightning smiled and said, “Thanks.”

“So, have any idea who your real dad could be?”

“No clue. None at all.”

“Maybe you should ask your mom. That’s if she survived.”

“She’s all right. Just came out of the hospital a week ago. She was gonna tell me who he was before Nathan came for her. I still don’t know why he was ever like that. Just messed up in the head I guess.”

“Maybe.”

“Is Marianne all right?”

“I heard from Sally that she is She told me when she came to see me while you were sleeping in. Again.”

“Good. I know you love her and all, so I wanted to be sure she was all right. I mean, if you love her, she’s gotta be someone to look out for.”

“That’s nice of you, rookie. How do you suppose you’ll find your dad?”

“I don’t know. Finding him is gonna be like a shot in the dark. Almost impossible.”

“You know, I could try to help.”

“But how? I mean, I know nothing about him. Nothing! It could be any guy out there that has had a kid gone for 22 years.”

“22?” Doc said in a state of disbelief

“Yeah. Why?”

“Hm. . .”

“What?”

“Just thinking. Nah, it couldn’t be.”

“What!?”

“I don’t wanna get your hopes up for nothing, kid. It’s best not to tell you until I know for sure.”

“All right. It must be someone I know though, right?”

“Well, he might be.”

“That would help.”

“Yeah.” Could he be. . .

It was something Doc definately didn’t like talking about often. He never wanted to have to go through the pain it brought him to even think about it. But now he couldn’t believe that he may never have to spend his spare time wondering where he was. For his son may actually be with him right now.

It had happened about 23 years ago. It was supposed to be their annivesary. Marianne had always wanted to go to Las Vegas, so Doc decided to take her there. But the first night, they had both gotten drunk. So screwed up in the head, Doc didn’t even realize that some random guy had came and taken Marianne. The next thing she knows, she’s in some random guy’s hotel room with a major hangover. She also realized she had a ring on her right ring finger, the guy being too stupid to take off the one on her left. She tucked the other ring into her pocket and decided that the saying sumed up her plan perfectly: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. She wasn’t even gonna tell Doc. A week later, Doc and Marianne’s attempts to have a baby finally paid off. But everything wasn’t perfect in paradise. Doc found the ring. Marianne explained to him what happened, freaking out the whole time. Doc told her to calm down and that he understood. They were drunk for crying out loud! That stuff happens when you’re drunk. But soon, the stranger had found Marianne saying he was coming back for her. That’s when she found out his identity and knew if he found out she was married to Doc, she’d not only put herself in danger, but her husband too. So she told Doc about that fact, not telling him who exactly the stranger was. She didn’t need him knowing. So then, as a sacrifice for each other, they got a divorce and Marianne faked that she had gotten pregnant with the stranger. She wasn’t just gonna get an abortion. Before she left off, Marianne decided to give the ring Doc used to propose to her back to him. So that way he could remember her forever.

Doc was holding the ring at the moment, twirling it around in his hand. To believe about 22 years ago, his son would have been born. And he also couldn’t believe that there was a chance that it could be Lightning. He had to find out the truth. He just had to. But how exactly?

Lightning was sitting alone in his room looking at pictures of his. They were pictures from that one year when his dad was in jail. He had stayed at his cousin’s house in the next door town at the time. Him and his cousin, Danny, were like brothers. And he would never forget that. He always wished he could relive those moments, but he couldn’t. These pictures were given to Lightning earlier that day from his mother. She had taken them when she visited Lightning while he was at his aunt and uncle’s, forgetting to send them. All of the sudden, when Lightning was looking through the pictures, he found an envelope. “What the? What are these doing here?” Lightning asked himself. He opened up the first one and noticed the familiar handwriting that was his mom’s. The first thing it read was: If you recieved this letter by mistake, please don’t read this any more and give it to Brendon. Lightning rolled his eyes at the use of his first name. Mom, no one even calls me by my first name, so no one’s gonna know who to give it to! After that, he continued reading the letter.

[i]Dear Brendon,

I know it must have been terrifying when I called you about Nathan, but I’m fine now. I’m writing you a letter because I kinda disconnected my phone line on accident. But I never got the chance to tell you who your dad really is. Don’t worry, you know the guy. It isn’t like it’s just some stranger you’ve never met. Your real dad is actually your crew chief, Hudson.[/i]

Right there, Lightning stopped reading. Doc is actually. . . He couldn’t believe it. After knowing him for so long. . .It almost seemed surreal. But it all seemed to make sense. Marianne and his mom getting assulted on the same day and both of them getting better at the same time. The fact that they almost looked alike. It completely made sense. Doc is his dad, and he had to tell him.

“Doc! Doc!” Lightning called out when he made it to his dad’s place. The second he saw Doc, he tried his hardest not to cry. He didn’t want to give it away just yet. . .

“What is it?” Doc asked.

“I have to tell you something. It’s important and you may wanna sit down.”

“I am sitting down.” Doc said, pointing to the chair he was sitting on.

“I meant by me.” Lightning said while patting the empty space beside him on the couch.

Doc got up and sat down by Lightning. “What’s so important?”

“Remember how we were talking about how my dad could be out there some where?”

“Yeah.”

“I can’t believe it, but I found him.”

“You did?”

By now, it was almost impossible to not cry. Lightning had tears welling up in his eyes. “My mom had gotten the chance to tell me and it’s-it’s-” Lightning was getting too choked up.

“Who? Who!?”

“It’s you, Dad.”

Doc’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Is it true?” he said, his voice almost a whisper.

Lightning nodded his head up and down, tears streaming down his face.

Lightning is my son!? Soon, Doc had tears in his eyes. The first thing he did was lean in and hug his son. “After all these years, I can’t believe I’ve finally found you.”

“I love you, Dad.”

Doc couldn’t believe his ears. Did I finally hear those words? “I love you too, son.”

The next day, Lightning and Doc knew they had to tell everyone. “Who’s gonna say it? You or me?” Lightning asked his dad.

“Maybe me. I mean, they know my side of the story better than yours.”

“True. Here goes nothing.”

The two headed over to Flo’s and they were greeted with a round of hellos, given in their own styles.

“How should I do this?” Doc whispered to his son.

“I don’t know. Just announce it or something.” Lightning whispered back.

Nervously, Doc stood up from his seat. “Um, Flo.”

“Hm?”

“Would you mind if I made a quick announcement here?”

“Not at all. Everyone! Doc here’d like to say somethin’!”

Now the spotlight was all on Doc. Something a introvert like him was never really good at. “Um. . . I have a quick announcement to make. Remember how when me and Marianne got divorced and that she was pregnant? I found my son.”

Everyone in the cafe besides Lightning was muttering in disbelief. They almost couldn’t believe it.

“I found out it’s Lightning.” he said, trying his hardest not to break down and cry in front of them.

Soon, the whole place was filled with cheers for the two racers.

“Well, buddy, who’da thunk that ya dad had been Doc all 'long!” Mater told Lightning.

“Oh, Stickers! I’m so happy for you!” Sally said, hugging her boyfriend. “You two make a perfect father and son!”

Everyone exchanged their thoughts to the father and son. And they were both thinking the same thing: I can’t believe I’ve finally found him.

No, this is NOT THE ENDING! I’d like for my story to come to a close. Just because they climax is over, it doesn’t mean the story’s over. Ever read a story where it just suddenly ends? I don’t think so. I mean, there was a good closing part for Cars, and this needs one too. Besides, remember the little intro? Yeah, the whole Wheel Well thing with Lightning and Sally. Well, I gotta continue that. This whole story is practically a flashback if you’ve forgotten. :wink: Well, just one more chapter. To believe it’s almost over. :frowning: Oh well, the sequal’s gonna be better!

The final chapter. Thanks to those who have read. Since I’ve gotten a good amount of readers (good for people not really reading this as well as another one on fanfiction) I’m gonna put the sequal up. If a crossover with a Nick cartoon is allowed on here. :slight_smile: Someone tell me if it is.

Chapter 7:

About three months had passed since Lightning found out that Doc was his dad, making it June. Since then, Lightning’s performance on the track seemed to increase, and most people thought it was because of his crew chief being his dad. And it was true. They had started to spend so much time with each other since then, trying to make up for the 22 years they had missed out on together. They would play sports with each other, race, even just look at the stars at night. Anything they did would make their bond stronger. And their strong father/son bond was something that could never be taken away from them.

And Doc didn’t just spend time with his son. He also gave Lightning emotional support that he rarely ever got when he was a kid. It made Lightning so grateful to have Doc for a father. Doc also gave Lightning advice when he needed it. And on June 10, Lightning needed it the most.

“Dad? Can I talk to you for a minute?” Lightning asked Doc when he entered his dad’s house.

“Sure.” Doc said, putting down the book he was reading. “Come sit down by me.” he said, patting the empty space beside him on the couch.

Lightning walked over and sat by his dad. His dad’s short, grey hair and piercing blue eyes behind silver-framed glasses spoke wisdom and kindness. It was moments like these when he truely loved having Doc as his dad.

“What do you wanna talk about?” Doc asked his son.

“It’s about me and Sally.” Lightning relplied.

“Oh?”

“See, I really love her. Just as much as you love Mom. I want to be able to spend the rest of my life together. I want to ask her to marry me.”

Doc smiled at his son at what he had just said. “Lightning, I’m so happy for you. You’ve found the one that you know you want to spend an eternity with. If you think you’re ready, you should ask her. I know for a fact that if you’re ready, she is too.”

“Thanks. I really wanted to know if I should or not. I don’t want to rush it or anything.”

“Lightning, there’s no need to worry. You two are perfect for each other. I know she’ll say yes.” Just then, Doc thought of something. “Stay right there. I’ll be back in a bit.” Doc got up and went into his room. It gave Lightning time to look around the living room.

Only last month did Lightning clean up this place. Being a bit of a neat freak, Lightning couldn’t stand his dad’s messy place any longer. So one day while Doc was busy opperating on a patient, Lightning was cleaning up. He could still remember his dad’s expression when he walked in that day.

[i]Oh my goodness! How did this hap-" Doc stopped short when he noticed Lightning finishing up the dusting of the TV stand, the last thing he had to do.

“Surprise!” Lightning exclaimed when he noticed his dad looking at him.

Doc just smiled before he walked over to Lightning, leaned down and ruffled his son’s dirty blonde hair. “Thanks.” he said before getting up to grab something from his room.

“You’re welcome, Dad.” Lightning replied back.

Doc turned around and smiled at his son once more before continuing to go to his room.[/i]

Lightning just smiled thinking back on moments like that. I’m just so lucky to have him for a dad.

Doc was in his room when he decided to pull out the ring Marianne had given him. I’m sure you wouldn’t mind this. After all, he is our son.

Doc walked back out, with the hand that held the ring behind his back. “What’cha got there?” Lightning asked his dad.

Doc sat back down by Lightning and opened his hand. “It’s the ring I gave your mother.”

“You don’t mean-?” Lightning was so shocked that he couldn’t even finish his sentence.

“I want you to use it when you propose to Sally.”

“Don’t you wanna keep it to remember Mom by or if you two ever get back together?”

“Ah, I’ve got lots of things to remember you mother by. And if we ever do get back together, I could always buy her another ring.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“Here. Take it.” Doc said putting the ring into Lightning’s palm.

“Thank you, Dad. This means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome.”

Now here he was the next night, standing beside Sally, looking at the magnificent sunset before them. His hand still in his right pocket, clenching the ring, he had never felt more nervous. What if she says no? I couldn’t deal with that. Then he remembered what his dad had told him. Lightning, there’s no need to worry. You two are perfect for each other. I know she’ll say yes.

Lightning took a deep breath before turning to face Sally. “Sal?”

“Hm?” She turned to face her boyfriend also.

“I have something important I want to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Sally, I’ve loved you ever since the first time I laid my eyes on you. When I saw you, I thought ‘There she is. There’s the one I want to spend forever with.’ Sally, I could never find a more beautiful, smart, loving woman than you. Sally Carrera.” Lightning leaned down on one knee.

Sally gasped as she knew what he was going to do. He’s gonna propose to you, Sal! He’s gonna!
“Will you marry me?” Lightning asked, pulling out the ring.

Sally soon had tears in her eyes. “Yes! Yes, Stickers!” She was hugging Lightning, so happy that she was now engaged with him. When she pulled away, Lightning slid the ring on Sally’s left ring finger.

“Sally, that’s one special ring I’ve given you.”

“How so?”

“It was the ring Dad used to propose to my mom.”

“He didn’t.”

“But he did.”

“Stickers. That’s so romantic.” Sally leaned in and kissed Lightning. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Sal.”

That night at Flo’s, the engaged couple announced that they were going to get married.

“A’ight, buddy! You and Sally’s getting hitched!” Mater called out, happy for his best friend.

When Lightning looked over at his dad, he noticed that Doc was trying his hardest not to cry. “I’m so happy for you, son.”

Lightning knew that the past few months had changed his life forever, and though at first it was the worst news he had ever recieved, in the end, it became the best thing to ever happen to him.

That was it. Thanks for reading. And as I know most of you haven’t, please review by putting a reply onto this. Thank you.

Yes, that is allowed. :wink:

– Mitch

Oh boy, another Cars fanfic writer! This should be interesting…

I think I’ll start with ‘The Real World’ before going on to ‘What About Now’, seeing the latter’s a sequel to this one and I prefer to read them in order.

So this is a ‘humanised’ version of Cars? Personally I’m not much of a fan of humanising the cars, due to the fact that all the characters were vehicles in the original movie and I think it more of a challenge to come up with ways for the cars to perform certain actions that humans naturally do like picking up a fork or holding a (spray-paint) gun. But I guess if the story’s strong enough, I may overlook this aspect.

And yours certainly is! I finished the first chapter in one sitting.

I like your opening prologue describing McQueen and Sally’s date by the Wheel Well and the description of the sunset. Very beautiful.

I also like your witty exchanges and lines in your dialogues. Here are a few of my favourites:

“Never would have guessed. Wait, you wear contacts?”
“Yeah.”
“Didn’t think you’d have to.”
“Well, I do. You’re (spelling error here) turn.”

“They hate my version of the race, don’t they?”

“Yep. You know, I missed you the entire time I was gone.”
“I figured you’d say that. You said that the last time you were gone.”

“His car had the only bumper I’d seen with a spare on. I asked him if he had room to spare. I’ve got a spare couch…” Lizzie rambled on.

Great writing! I’ll read the next few chapters when I get down to it.
I wonder what Doc is hiding from McQueen… guess I’ll find out!