Finding the Cure

would you want this fanfiction to continue?

• Yes
  • No
  • I have to read more to make a decision

0 voters

I would have named something more interesting, but that would ruin the cliffhaner :laughing: and by the way, yes, I did get this idea from the comics

hope you like it! :smiley:

Nemo peeked up above the swirling tentacles of his anemone home and glanced around as the ocean woke up. The sun cast a checkerboard of light on the ocean floor, complementing the beautiful colors of the Great Barrier Reef, located just off the shore of Australia.
“Well look at that,” Said Dory, Nemo’s very close friend and neighbor. After her and Marlin’s adventure across the ocean, Dory moved in right next to the father and son.
“I know isn’t it beautiful?” Nemo commented on the reef. Just then Marlin popped out of the top of the anemone and greeted his son and friend.
“What should we do today?” His words rushed out of his mouth. Ever since his experiences of finding Nemo he has been like a kid again, even though Nemo and Dory were pretty sure he wasn’t like that when he was a little fish anyway.
“How about some bowling,” Dory suggested.
“We did that yesterday, remember?” Nemo questioned his Regal Blue Tang friend.
“Ahhh, no,” Dory replied with a confused look on her face.
“Well that’s not a surprise,” Marlin whispered under his breath to Nemo. They giggled as Dory tried to remember what she did yesterday, which seemed to happen everyday.
After some ideas were tossed around, and some convincing Dory that they did in fact go bowling the day before, the fishy trio set off on just a plain swim to see if anything interesting popped out at them.
“NEMO!” A cute voice screeched as a small sea turtle, with a very large head, glided over to Nemo. “Hey dude!” the hyper active turtle said. “What’s up?”
“Nothing much, Marlin Dory and I are looking for something fun to do,” Nemo replied to his shelled friend.
“Sweet man!” Squirt said as he bobbed his head up and down.
“Where’s Crush?” Marlin questioned the tiny turtle
“He’s over there swimming through the coral,” the child replied. Marlin and Dory swam over to where the large turtle was examining the coral.
“Hey Crush, what’s,” Marlin stopped mid-sentence. The sight they all saw before them was something horrendous and depressing it was

TO BE CONTINUED

Wow, so this is the fanfic you’ve been talking about! :smiley: Excellent!
Well, I liked the part where they tease Dory for forgetting about their bowling outing (BTW, how do fishes bowl underwater?)
I wonder what Crush and the rest have found
 typical
 man, a cliffhanger! You leave me in great suspense! :smiley:
Don’t leave me hangin’! My arms are getting tired!
But anyway, great job so far. I may have to get further into the story to give a proper assessment, the opening is not really attention-grabbing, it’s just, you know, pedestrian. But I’m sure things will pick up from there.
P.S. It’s an honour to do the ‘promo’ for your fanfic. Hopefully it gets more views!

awwwww man! a cliffy!

This is terrific! I really mean it!

I loved how you said "Ever since his experiences of finding Nemo he has been like a kid again, even though Nemo and Dory were pretty sure he wasn’t like that when he was a little fish anyway. "

Really awesome! I can’t wait for more! :smiley:

Hopefully you update soon!

Here’s the second chapter! Thanks for all the nice comments! :smiley:

It was the coral reef. The only problem was, it wasn’t the coral reef, it was dyed white. Marlin’s mouth gaped open as he stared at the scary sight. It was something new fish could have ever imagined, the reef was dead. The great Barrier wasn’t so great anymore.
“Well how did that happen?” Marlin asked Crush.
“I don’t know,” Crush said, not really paying attention to anything just staring at the endless horizon of white. Meanwhile, Nemo and Squirt eventually found their way over to Dory, Marlin, and Crush and had the exact same expression on their face.
“Dad, I’m scared,” Nemo said as he swam to his Dad’s side.
“Me too son,” Marlin replied quietly as he patted Nemo’s side, “Me too.” Just then, Crush had remembered something.
“Dudes, I know exactly how we’re going to fix this!” He said excitedly.
“Good!” Dory said, also ecstatically” I like to fix things!’
“So, how is this going to work?” Marlin said as he talked to Crush away from the others” I personally think we should leave the children behind,” he suggested.
“No way dude, if we’re going on an adventure, little Crush has to come too,” he said. Marlin sighed; he really didn’t want risking Nemo’s life yet again. He looked over towards his son, who was bouncing in some spongebeds with Squirt.
“Okay, I guess Nemo can come, but first of all, where exactly are we going?”
“Well there’s a Seal I know, She’ll be able to tell us how to fix this mess,” He said, Marlin has never seen him so serious.
“How long so you think this will take?” Marlin asked, he wanted to get it over with
“About a day or two, not long,” Crush estimated. Marlin sighed again and then swam back over to Dory, Nemo, and Squirt.
“Kay, dudes,” Crush started, “We’re going to have a long trip ahead of us and we need to leave now. They all nodded.
“Which way?” Marlin questioned Crush.
“Off this way,” Crush said as he pointed off into the horizon.
“Well. What have we got to lose?” Marlin thought to himself. The fish swam out into the horizon going in the direction Crush pointed them in.

************************ 5 hours later ********************************************************

“Dad I’m tired,” Nemo complained as they trudged along at a lot slower pace than they originally started out at.
“Yeah, I’m tired too, Dad,” Dory added
“He’s my father, not yours!” Nemo said as he gave a Dory a strange look
“Are you sure?” Dory replied “Because I think we look alike!”
“You are not my sister!” Nemo insisted
“Am too!”
“Am not!”
“Am too!”
“Am not!!” 
“Both of you stop fighting! Marlin insisted. “How much longer?” Marlin asked Crush.  He whispered so he didn’t wake Squirt, who was sleeping on his back.
“We won’t be able to make it today, we better find somewhere to stay overnight,” He told Marlin. The fish swam down into a small alcove in the coral reef they were swimming over. Luckily, this one was alive.
“Whoa! Daddy look!” Nemo said excitedly. 
“What is it son?” Marlin said as he swam over to Nemo. It was a cave, a large one too perfect for two turtles, and three fish. They all crowded in there and one by one fell asleep.

awesome! I found it insteresting how you refered to dory as sort of a sister to nemo. Most of the time other fanfictions refer to her as a mom to nemo , so this idea really struck me as creative, and very plausible to her character.

Great job! And I can’t wait to read more! :smiley:

Sorry for the Delay, I have been pretty busy. I’ll put up the new chapter on Tuesday! :smiley:

I agree with HelloDolly114, I like the direction you took with Dory being like a big (or little? She can be quite childish, heheh) sister to Nemo.
That’s quite a dark and depressing premise you’re going with, woody. Not that I don’t like it. There can’t be triumph without hardship, no joy without sadness. That’s what makes the hero’s success all the more sweeter. :slight_smile:
I hope they get to save the reef! This Seal character sounds interesting.
I liked this line:

That statement’s sadly coming true, most documentaries highlight the plight of the reef due to global warming and all that nowadays. :wink:

Nice story you got here

I really like the idea of another exploring adventure. Can’t wait to see what more is in store for Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Crush, and Squirt.

Sorry this took so long :blush: I’ve been pretty busy with school work
ah well, here goes nothin!

The sun rose above the Sydney waves and woke up the ocean. Nemo was the first one awake, he drowsily swam out of the over crowded table and drifted out into the little cove in which it was placed. Squirt wasn’t very far behind though.
“WOOHOO!” He yelled as he did a corkscrew out of the cave. Nemo always wondered how Squirt seemed to have a unlimited amount of energy. Of course, Squirt yelling woke up most of the others, except for Dory who was singing Hello Dolly in her sleep.
“Come on Dory, we gotta go,” Marlin said as he woke her up.

After a few hours, the group made their way a considerable amount space. The current was in their favor, which was good. So far they were three hours ahead of schedule, and the best part? Squirt and Nemo weren’t complaining and or sleeping. Just then they heard a noise. It was a large groan, as if something or someone was very angry.  Marlin, having the overprotective father come back out of him, started freaking out.
“What do you think that was?” Marlin asked nervously like a child asking her parents what the noise was they heard in the middle of the night.
“Ahh, dude it was just, a whale, who was ahh
dying, yeah! It was a dying whale.”  He said nervously as he looked around them for the source of the noise. Crush knew if anything went wrong, he would have to be the one to take charge. Dory was well you know Dory and Marlin would be freaking out so much he wouldn’t be able to think straight. And Crush knew, him taking charge wasn’t the best idea either. He wasn’t exactly the most responsible person in the whole ocean.
“Ooh! I speak Whale!” Dory said excitedly as she heard the conversation between Marlin and Crush. ‘Aaaaarrreeeee yyyouuuuuuuuuu dddddyyyyyiiinnngggg?” She asked as she made ridiculous face expressions. 
“Shhhh! Dory!” Marlin screeched, as he covered Dory’s mouth. “What ever it is, we don’t need it finding us!” he whispered to Dory. She nodded.  Nemo started thinking that something worng was happening.
“Dad, what’s the matter?” He asked his father as Marlin glance nervously every which way. 
“Nothing! Nothing at all!” He exclaimed. Just than some dark shape swam over the group. They all glance up, but it was too late, the thing was already gone. But the noise wasn’t. 
“Let’s swim a little faster,” Marlin suggested. They all agreed whatever that thing was it was awfully scary, and not one of them wanted to crossroads with it. Just then, they heard the noise again, only this time it was behind them. Nemo yelled. It wasn’t anything like anyone of them has ever seen. It was a giant squid, and it was angry. It rushed towards them revealing rows and rows of sharp teeth protruding from its gums.
“GO!” Marlin yelled. The group started accelerating

Ooh, new chapter! Pretty good writing, a few errors here and there (like in “Dory was well you know Dory”, missing commas), but nothing too noticeable.

Love the Wall-E reference. :wink:

Epic quote. :laughing:

Ooh
 cliffhanger! Dun dun dun! :open_mouth:

again, sorry for the short chapter, I don’t have the attention span to sit there for an hour typing :blush: anywho, here ya go!

As the fish and turtles swam as fast as they could, all they could think about is get away, get away NOW! Although Marlin, being the practical one was already thinking ahead. He spotted a nearby cave, right next to a Jellyfish jungle and hatched a plan.
“Dory you’re going to have to stop swimming!” Marlin yelled, since the squid was making very unpleasant sounds.
“What? Are you crazy? We’re being chased by a giant squid and you expect me to just stop and let him chow on me?” she said, bewildered. Marlin thought for a little while.
“Umm, yeah pretty much.” Dory stared at him for a few seconds until she remembered the trip they took together to find Nemo, the trip they met on.
“OK,” she said “I trust you” Marlin glowed, since that was fixed, he had to make sure the second part of the plan would work. And he had to make it work real fast, or else it was curtains for Dory.
“Crush! You’re going to have to swim over there towards the Jellyfish field forest and sit still until I tell you!” Marlin yelled. Crush, unlike Dory, didn’t say a word and did as he was told. Just then Marlin heard Dory behind him.
“AYAAA! That’s right you better be scared! I’m a ninja fish! HAAA-YAA!” The plan worked. The giant squid stopped for a minute to watch its prey. As he started to snap at Dory Crush yelled.
“Hey fatty! Bet you can’t swim as fast as the Crushter!”
“Dad? What are you doing?” Squirt asked nervously. Just as the giant squid was about to snap Crush, Nemo, and Squirt in his jaws, Crush dived under him and he ended up in the Jellyfish jungle. And before he came back, the group hurried away.
Hope you like it!

Gawd. This is very, very, very! good work. It’s something that captivates my attention (and, trust me, that’s a hard thing to do when you’re talking about me). You’ve captured the characters’ personalities excellently in the fanfic, but not only that, you went to skew these personalities with the story! Extra points for trying to make jellyfish jungle, one of the more intense scenes of the movie, making a return in your fic.

Can’t wait for more from you. Well done. :smiley:

Thank Phileas! I’m happy you like it :smiley: