Living the Dream

Should I continue this story?

• No. Sorry. This story is NOT worth it. There’s too many errors, and it’s just a waste of time on both our parts. Just, go do something else.
  • Eh, it caught my attention, but I don’t think it will be all that exciting or worth it. It’s good but not great. Honestly, I’m not as interested as you probably want me to be. Sorry!
  • YES!! I LOVE this story! It’d be a crime not to finish it! Please continue!!

0 voters

Chapter 1~ The Beginning of Things

He stared at the papers in front of him, hoping that somehow they would disappear. He hated trips like this. First, being torn away from the town and people he loved, then being dragged miles away to put up with jerks, conferences, and papers was the last thing he wanted to do on this earth. However, it was unavoidable. He glanced at the clock and made a mental note that he was expected at another meeting in a couple of hours. He stared again at the stack that needed to be filled out.

“Well, it’s doin’ it now or staying up late in the night to deal with it,” he said aloud to himself.

Then, an excuse popped up in his hood. He hadn’t checked his emails for several days now. After all, there may be a bill sent to him that was due or something. He immediately left his stack of dread and drove over to his portable computer.

“Thank the Manufacturer for sponsers who think it’s a necessity that I have the latest and biggest technology.” He said aloud again to himself as he turned his computer online. “Except for headlights,” he added, but secretly glad because he didn’t need them at all.

“YOU’VE GOT MAIL!!!” the computer screamed at him, making him jump. He had forgotten to turn his speakers down after last night’s movie he watched. Shaking his hood to get the ringing out, he opened his first email.

~“Heeellloooo Budy! Sory if I can’t spell stuff write. Mi English aint two gould. We all miss ya here in r. springs. Well I bedder go. Just remember, don’t cum home wit any girls for me like I told ya to before ya left. I aint worth it. See ya round!

Luv yur best budy, MATER!!!”

The car chuckled. “Mater can’t write worth a darn.” The next email was opened.

~“Hey, kid. Hope you’re doing good. Mater told me he’d email ya, but don’t expect much. His letters are always short. Have you kept up with your practice? Just because last season’s over doesn’t mean you can slack off. Remember everything I’ve told ya, but don’t go too too hard. Better to have a little less than too much. We miss ya… especially Sally. Son, she’s got feeling for ya, and I advise you to take her into consideration. She’d fulfill any car’s dreams….”

“I know,” he whispered, agreeing with the letter.

~“She hasn’t been the same since ya left, (as usual). She’s not as perky. Well, I’d better not take up any more practice time. Behave yourself, Hotshot. –Doc Hudson”

The next few emails were junk, telling and offering contracts and services. “Nope, nobody else is getting my service than what I got already.”

Finally, the last email came. He recognized who sent it and opened it eagerly.

~“Dear Stickers, I haven’t heard from you in awhile. You hardly call me, which is perfectly fine. I understand you’re busy. The Motels have been also busy with excitement. Most are tourists trying to find you, but they soon learn they have to be content with the racing wing. One tourist got mad when I explained you were gone, and demanded to know where ‘a chick like’ myself ‘could be HIDING Lightning McQueen.’ I almost got into deep trouble for trying to shoo him away politely…”

“He would have been in deeper trouble had I been there,” he mumbled.

~“Mater saved me and told me to call him my night in shining metal’…”

“Hey! Watch it Bud! Just because you’re Mater doesn’t mean I’ll cut ya some slack!” he roared.

~“I told him I couldn’t. He’s not my night in shining metal…”

“That’s my girl, Sally.”

~“Doc is.”

He just stared at the computer screen and slumped at the conclusion he jumped to.

~“Doc saved my whole life when I first broke down here. He’s definitely who I consider as my knight, at least for now.”

His hope rose again at that remark.

~“Anyway, how have ya been? I bet you miss us. We think if you ALL the time. You’ve really added a lot to us, Stickers. When you’re gone, it’s like someone took the source of energy out of this town…. Like a lamp suddenly unplugged. We get by, though it’s hard. I guess I’m saying that we’re REALLY looking forward to your return home.”

“Don’t think I don’t know ya, Sally. You really have I’s behind all those we’s.”

~ “Come home soon. Until then, everyone is waiting. We send you our love. Thank you for letting me take up a few minutes of your life just now in reading this. Your forever friend, Sally Carrera”

“If I ever get the nerve to decide for myself, you may take up more than just a few minutes of my time, girl,” he concluded, shutting his computer down. “Try taking up the rest of my life.”

There was a huge bang at the door. “Hey McQueen! Boss!”

“Comin’!” he yelled. He rove out of his hotel room and into the hallway to meet his trusty semi friend, Mack.

“Hey, Boss, I just got a phone call, and the dudes want you at the meeting now instead of later,” reported Mack.

“Thanks, Mack. Unless you have any other phone calls while I’m gone, you can take the rest of the day off,” he offered, driving down the hall. Mack quickly drove into his room to get some much needed sleep.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Half an hour later, Lightning McQueen found himself parked in a room around some other cars who stood for different positions in his sponsers’ companies.

“Alright, men…and woman…. We come to an agreement. We won’t get McQueen here headlights,” the head of the companies, named Phil, stated. “It’s agreed, Bill, Ned, Zachery, Rusty, Dusty, and Stacie.”

“But he drives a lot off road! More than the law allows him to. With headlights it’ll look like he’s just some obsessed fan who loves to look like he’s Lightning McQueen,” argued Bill, who stood as a secretary.

“If I may have a say in this, I’m carried everywhere I go except Radiator Springs. The Sheriff there gave me a permit to drive wherever I want there. So headlights aren’t really necessary. I appreciate the thought, but it won’t be worth the time, money and-not to mention- pain you as well as I will have to go through,” Lightning reasoned.

“Well, it doesn’t matter who thinks what. The board has decided by popular vote and what’s done is done. Now, onto the next subject: Lightning’s gas is high priced,” Phil began.

“I think we should consider replacing his gas tank with one that uses less gas,” Ned suggested, which Lightning winced at the pain he’d have to endure with that.

“Nah! How about we just get gas without so much special qualities,” Zachery said.

“But I can’t run on anything less than what I have!” Lightning threw out.

“He’s got a point. Cheaper gas would greatly jeopardize his endurance level. He will have to make more pit stops, an that’ll cost time, no matter how fast McQueen’s personal fork lifter is,” Stacy agreed.

“His name’s Guido,” Lightning politely pointed out. Stacy nodded.

“Well, if McQueen’s as old fashioned as his town is, he won’t need gas!” Rusty said, beginning to laugh.

“Yeah, we’ll just give him water like on ol’ Two Cilinder!” Dusty exclaimed, bursting into laughter with Rusty.

“I can’t believe you let them two introduce me in my sponsers tent,” Lightning whispered to Phil who was parked beside him. “I don’t and CAN’T even use water.”

The group stared blankly as the two laughed hysterically at their “joke”.

“Anyway,” Lightning began again once they stopped laughing,” I make enough money to pay for my fuel. So much, in fact, I’ve been thinkin’ about donating to some charities.”

A wave a groans came from around the room, and Lightning frowned at their reaction.

“But the econemy’s getting worse! Soon the only thing we’ll be racing for is a measly old cup like back in the ‘50’s!” Bill cried out.

“Hey! My crew chief’s from the ‘50’s!” Lightning roared defensively.

This was the time when the argument on a subject became heated up. Everyone argued and defended until they all ended up fighting. Punching, biting, screaming in each other’s ear,… the physical abuse was harsh. Just when things started to get really messy, who should come in but Mack.

“Um, hello?” he said hesitantly, pushing the door open slightly. Papers and tires were flying. “HHEELLOOOOOO!!!” he shouted. Everyone stopped and all eyes were on the semi. He smiled like a goof and said awkwardly, “Ummmm….”

“What brought ya in here, Mack?” Lightning asked cheerfully, giving Bill one last punch and then driving over to the embarrassed semi.

“Ummmm…” Mack said again, this time feeling REALLY awkward.

“Spit it out, Mack! You aren’t supposed to be in here anyways in the first place,” Phil barked. He had a black windshield and a fat grill.

I’ve got a message for McQueen,” Mack finally said.

“’Kay, Mack. What is it?” Lightning asked. Mack took him aside and whispered something to him.

Lightning suddenly looked surprised and quickly darted over to his section of the room and began scooting a box towards the door.

“I gotta go,” was all he said in the process.

“Hey, McQueen, we aren’t done yet. We still got a lot of work to do,” Phil called after him.

“I’ve gotta go home,” was the reply. Mack left the room, and Lightning continued to follow pushing the box.

“But why? What about the rest of the month?” Stacy squeaked.

“Sally,” he whispered, and left without saying anything else with the door swinging behind him.

It was quiet as the group looked on after him. “Who’s Sally?” they all asked unanimously and looked at each other questioningly.