Trip Report of D23 Expo - Toy Story 3 clip shown!!!

My D23 Expo brief summary:

So it’s almost 1AM right after my 13-hour day at D23 Expo. Short summary before I head off to bed:

I started my day at the “Future of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios” presented by John Lasseter. He brought info on Toy Story 3, The Princess and The Frog, Rapunzel, Cars 2, and a few other Disney Animation Studios and DisneyToon productions. There was great audience response.

Then I walked around the showroom, where they had a great exhibit larger than life of the future attractions at Disneyland, California Adventure, and Hong Kong Disneyland. Lemme just say that the Carsland attraction is going to be EPIC.

I then went to the “Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks” presentation featuring John Lasseter, Roger Gould, and Liz Gazzano of Pixar (plus a few Disney Imagineers!). They did a round table discussion of what it took to turn Pixar films into theme park attractions, and John and Roger said some pretty inspirational things!

Lastly, and by far my favorite part of the night was the half hour “Toy Story 3” presentation by Lee Unkrich and Darla Anderson. They showed us the new Toy Story 3 trailer, the funny clip about Barbie’s Ken, and awesome test footage, the WORLD PREMIERE of the 3-D versions of Toy Story and Toy Story 2, and THREE MINUTES (?) of a rough cut of Toy Story 3. Many more details later…

I got a few pictures of the Expo, but unfortunately, Disney took away all electronics and cameras at most of the major presentations. Sometime later this week I will make sure to post my favorite ones up here!

Originally written earlier:
Anybody planning on going to the D23 Expo in Anaheim this Sunday, September 13, 2009?

I’m planning on going, and it would be great to see other Pixar Planet people there. Afterward, I will update this post with photos to inquire on my experiences at the D23 Expo!

I can’t wait to see my favorite Pixarians!!!

If Pete Docter is there and you manage to get to talk to him, first off, I would envy you beyond belief, but tell him you know the greatest Up fan in the world (me, if you didn’t guess), I sent him a letter, and I REEEEALLLY want him to read it as soon as possible (sorry if that pushes me past you Bryko! I would feel bad about that). Tell him to look for a letter from Chris that says For: Pete Docter on it (if they took it out of the express envelope, it has a drawing on it). Yeah, I’m a geek

Sorry to bug you with my personal geek splurges, you don’t HAVE to. Just enjoy yourself, take a lot of pics, and be sure to report how it went when you get back! I hope you have a marvelous time!

Wow, you’re very lucky TheIncredible! I hope you get to meet lots of famous Pixarians and that you have a good time. I look forward to reading your report when you return from it! :smiley:

I really wish I could be there…this is like monumental in Disney history!

1AM PST on Monday September 14th: Just posted a brief summary in my original post above. Will update with more detailed report later…

Wow, count yourself lucky! I have a feeling a lot Planeteers here would love to attend the Expo too! I can’t wait to hear details on Carsland and the upcoming movies from you. Just be sure to spoiler tag plot details just in case some people don’t want to be spoiled beforehand! :wink:

You’re so lucky… being in the same room as the greatest folks in Western animation! :smiley:

carsland?! hell yeah! radiator Springs would be so sweet!

God i cant wait to graduate college and work for Disney!!