Sunday Mornings - A Carl/Ellie Up Fanfic

Would you like more Up fic during Carl’s and Ellie’s Marriage?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Please comment in the board and let me know!)

0 voters

Title: Sunday Mornings
Fandom: Up
Paring: Carl/Ellie
Author: solochan
Word Count: 763

PG for suggestions of bed snuggling. <3

There are just moments in life you cherish, moments that are there one minute and gone the next, and it was moments like these, plain and simple and routine that he would miss the most when the time came…

Sunday mornings in the Fredericksen household were calm and relaxing, much like most of their life together had been aside from a few close calls. Sunlight piercing their light curtains to cover sleeping frames. Carl was reaching for his glasses, so as the room would stop going in and out of focus and in came clarity, and with that clarity was the vision of his wife with tousled hair next to him.

His gaze settled upon her and let his eyes drown in the vision of this beauty that lay next to him. How did he wangle this set up? and still now, his friends would tease him and ask how too, how this beautiful woman was at gawky Carl’s side. The woman with so much spirit chose the shyest boy in school…

Carl would just grin proudly at them, at those prim and proper garden parties or even silly meet ups in the garden with friendly neighbours and old school acquaintances, pressing his glasses further up his nose and tap his said nose with his index finger.

• It’s a secret - he’d tell them with a mischievous smile that met the eyes in one foul swoop, the one he had formed during games of ‘Adventure is Out There’ when he was eight years old; the grin that had stuck to become the same smirk that Ellie used to match when they had a cunning plan. It would of course only be then a pleasant shock of hands covering his eyes would occur as he was forced to play that old game of Guess Who with the wife in question.

So this morning, Ellie Fredericksen slept in a pretty silk gown and lay as calmly as nature intended curled into his side with no intention of stirring and Carl who similarly had no intentions of getting up for anything, not even for a cup of coffee and the morning paper. He lay his head back down to the pillow, taking in the moment for as long as he was allowed.

‘Good morning Carl’ came a muffled voice and Carl sighed gently. Alas, the moment was not going to last, but he just smiled warmly up at the ceiling before casting his eyes down to see her own eyes coming into focus for the new day ahead.

‘Morning Sweetheart…’ he intoned and she gave him a smile but didn’t seem to move. ‘How did you sleep?’

The average round of questions made her smile even warmer, and she did sit up, propping her elbow up so her face was higher than his in terms of eye level.

‘The same as I usually sleep,’ she confessed casually, grinning at him before kissing his cheek. ‘Do you want me to get your morning coffee?’

She had been about to get out of bed, she was always active when she was awake, bouncing around like one of them blooming footballs, and Carl wasn’t going to have none of it, as she pulled off the cover, he gripped her gently by the arm and pulled her back.

‘Not yet.’

She raised her face in surprise but relented, still seeming like she could leave if it wasn’t for Carl’s gentle grip, her eyebrow raised high in amusement. Carl really liked his morning coffee, he could be grouchy without it, like most men his age. Caffeine kept the world working…

‘Not yet?’ she replied with the same amused tone that her face played back, and he grinned back at her.

‘Not yet. Just for a few more minutes?’ Carl said, in a such a calm fashion that Ellie seemed to have no choice but relent, getting back into bed with that look plastered on her face.

‘If I didn’t know you better, Carl Fredericksen I’m thinking your trying to make me fat and lazy…well nothing you do is going to make that happen–’ she quipped and was answered and forced to stop talking with a very deep kiss as he leaned in to steal her thoughts away from doing anything but staying in this bed.

Needless to say, Ellie did not complain about the rest of her Sunday morning, or even the rest of her Sunday and found that she was rather content forgetting the rest of the world, even if it was for an extra hour or two…

Thank you for reading! Please let me know what you think I plan to write a few more of these once my animation work is out of the way in July XD