"A Bug's Life" coming to Blu-ray on May 19th

Blu-ray.com review - with screenshots!

The outtakes seem to be in HD and the movie as a whole looks AMAZING! It’s region free and so is Monsters, Inc. (Japanese release).

Does anyone know if the A Bug’s Life Blu-Ray from Canada (Version française), has audio and subtitle in Brazilian portuguese? Because I am looking a A Bug’s Life BD that has brazilian portuguese audio or subtitle.

Wow, now this is something to anticipate <3

Liked Monsters Inc., but I’ll probly settle for A Bugs Life for this x3

Too bad I don’t have a blu-ray player. I’d get every Pixar film if I did, blu-ray usually has more features, doesn’t it?

I liked A Bug’s Life, pretty great movie. Haven’t seen it in about 7 years though, I need to revisit it!

more features, great visuals, outstanding sounds, you name it…
i don’t have one also, it costly here…

Why no UK release of this yet? :imp:

[quote="Deszo":1gjvkseu]Why no UK release of this yet? :evil:[/quote:1gjvkseu]I’ve taken the plunge today and ordered from the US so no doubt a UK release date will now be imminent! :-\

Is there still no news on its release elsewhere?

I find it very odd that A Bug’s Life still hasn’t made it to Australia (and apparently the UK) when Monster’s Inc. was released promptly. The Toy Stories are also being released soon. I realise it is region-free, but my collection will look odd with all but one being Australian. I like consistency!

Yes, I’m aware that I’m being silly, but I’m upgrading to blu-ray when I already have all the regular DVDs, so I kinda want everything to be perfect for such a price.

Ditto on that, Flister. I’m (trying) to do the same thing as you, upgrading my DVDs to Blu-rays, but it’s not easy when we don’t even have a release date to look forward to. Sounds like you might’ve made the right decision, Deszo.

Release date for Germany: December 16th.

Does anybody know a release date in the UK? I don’t plan to upgrade my collection to Blu-ray yet, but just wondering. :wink:

Why wouldn’t you want to upgrade your Pixar movies to Blu-ray? They all look so good in high definition! The grand scale of A Bug’s Life in particular blew my mind.

Hi All

Just got my copy of A bugs life on Blu-Ray from play.com looking forward to watching it

Does anyone know if the UK version comes with a card slipcase?

Thanks

I would buy it, but I don’t have Blu-Ray, and I just got the DVD a couple of months ago. :laughing:

Welcome, dreamkiller!!

Well, it looks (or sounds) like the German Blu-ray of A Bug’s Life has, well, bugs.
While it is a minor annoyance that the loading indicator sometimes remains on top of the main menu rather than disappearing, a rather large bummer was the audio mix.

The DTS core portion of the English DTS-HD master audio track sounds like the volume of the center channel is too low, which makes the dialogue often hard to understand, especially when there’s a lot going on in the surround channels.

The Dolby Digital track on the A Bug’s Life PAL DVD sounds perfectly fine in that regard, as do all other DVDs and Blu-rays (Pixar or otherwise) I have.

Unfortunately my AV-receiver has no HDMI inputs, so I cannot say if the full DTS-HD track would solve the issue.

Did anyone else experience this as well?

I got it on blu last year on July, love it, the images are awesome and the sound is great, but its story is superb,

Long Life to A Bug’s Life

I hope someone could screencap for the thread.

I can’t believe they managed to sneak out a UK release without me noticing. Not only that but no dvd double pack. Rubbish. I might as well stick with my region free version. Obviously nobody cares about this film :imp:

I care about ABL, deszo :slight_smile:
I only noticed the Blu-Ray after having a good shufty through HMV. There wasn’t really that much publicity at all for it, was there? :frowning:
And OT, but I have a friend in Harrogate! :smiley:! You live in a nicer place than I do 8D