A Bugs Life: the videogame

I keep a computer with Win 98 and DOS installed on it JUST so I can play older games. :stuck_out_tongue: ABL might have run on there okay but I didn’t feel like hooking it up, lol. Also its easier to use cheats on PS (I have to have infinite health and lives or else I couldn’t play ANY videogame, I suck like that).

How in the world would they make a video game out of A Bug’s Life??? :confused:

I have it for the N64. I loved it dearly but it really could’ve done with a little more hits before you die. It made me jump when Flik would shriek and fall backward. And, Flik should’ve been allowed to punch or kick, not just throw berries or jump on enemies.

I remember being the only one in my family to beat that game- it was just that frustrating.

With computers. :wink:

Well, he can kick. You can actually kill bugs by kicking them. :wink: But you have to get awfully close so it only works on bugs who don’t move, like those big roly-poly ones, and its generally not worth it other than for entertainment value. :wink:

Are you sure you’re talking about the N64? Because I’m pretty darn sure he doesn’t kick his enemies in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Er, no. I wasn’t aware the console versions were so different as to exclude an action from one.

Sorry.

I know that. I mean what would the plot be? Run away from the bird or you’llget killed? :confused:

K9Girl - The basic premise of the game is to help Flik reach the exit of several levels while collecting berries and defeating as many enemies as possible along the way. The more enemies you defeat, the more bonus clips you add to your collection. Technically, however, the objective is nothing more complex than “reach the exit”. The game itself is more fun than it sounds, though. :wink:

– Mitch

K9girl, there is a bird in the game. I think it doesn’t appear until the 4th level.

OK. Thanks alot u guys! Now I understand . Reminds me of a game I used to play. :slight_smile:

K9Girl - No problem at all. I’m glad that we could be of assistance. :wink:

The Star Swordsman is correct, by the way, in assuming that the bird doesn’t make an appearance until level four. The player must also face-off against this antagonist a second time in the sixth level, if I’m not much mistaken.

– Mitch

To tell you the truth Mitch, I don’t know. I haven’t got past the fourth level.

Yes, Mitch, the bird appears in lvel 4 where you have to get to the other side and later you fight against the bird in the sixth level. It doesn’t appear again until the very end of the last level.

Witch_of_Night - Yeah, that’s what I thought. Thank you for the information. :wink:

Good news: My sister got the darn game to work again!! She won it in two days, naturally. Figures

– Mitch

Mitch: Two days huh? That sounds impressive.

The Star Swordsman - Nah, that’s normal actually. I’m surprised she didn’t beat it in two hours, much less a couple of minutes. (snigger)

– Mitch

When I was young, I believe it took me one full hour to get past one level. Now that I’m older, I wonder how long it would take me to finish the full game, now that I have had more years of VG practice and experience

The Star Swordsman - Yeah, once you play a game over and over again, eventually you get really good at it, obviously. You can do it with your eyes closed
 (snigger)

– Mitch

I’ll see if I can rent the game and try it again.