A Bugs Life: the videogame

OK. Thanks alot u guys! Now I understand . Reminds me of a game I used to play. :slight_smile:

K9Girl - No problem at all. Iā€™m glad that we could be of assistance. :wink:

The Star Swordsman is correct, by the way, in assuming that the bird doesnā€™t make an appearance until level four. The player must also face-off against this antagonist a second time in the sixth level, if Iā€™m not much mistaken.

ā€“ Mitch

To tell you the truth Mitch, I donā€™t know. I havenā€™t got past the fourth level.

Yes, Mitch, the bird appears in lvel 4 where you have to get to the other side and later you fight against the bird in the sixth level. It doesnā€™t appear again until the very end of the last level.

Witch_of_Night - Yeah, thatā€™s what I thought. Thank you for the information. :wink:

Good news: My sister got the darn game to work again!! She won it in two days, naturally. Figuresā€¦

ā€“ Mitch

Mitch: Two days huh? That sounds impressive.

The Star Swordsman - Nah, thatā€™s normal actually. Iā€™m surprised she didnā€™t beat it in two hours, much less a couple of minutes. (snigger)

ā€“ Mitch

When I was young, I believe it took me one full hour to get past one level. Now that Iā€™m older, I wonder how long it would take me to finish the full game, now that I have had more years of VG practice and experienceā€¦

The Star Swordsman - Yeah, once you play a game over and over again, eventually you get really good at it, obviously. You can do it with your eyes closedā€¦ (snigger)

ā€“ Mitch

Iā€™ll see if I can rent the game and try it again.

hey trust me the videogame of ABL is very difficult do you know how much time took me for win this gameā€¦9 years 9 YEARS MAN! when i was a kid i played the videogame but it was so hard tha i lef it an i never wanted to try again, since the last year i believed, then i play and play that finally i dont know how i got won the game it felt so good, just imagine 9 years trying to win the game a complete goal for my life. my life was incomplete jaja

9 years?!?!? :astonished: OMG! LOL I havenā€™t any life either. :wink:

9 years? Dude, now that is like. . . WOW! I didnā€™t have the patience to complete it. Nice dude.

I loved ths game i wish i still had my ps1 and the game so i could play on it
now. Im now going on a mission to find a cheep ps1 and copy of bugs life.

I loved this videogame when i was a child. I got stuck in level 10.

The other i tried to play for the memories and i got stuck in the city
:blush:

I have the original game that came out on the Playstation 1.

Such a fun game. Playstation musta been having a rennasaince with their games at the time. Bugā€™s Life, Toy Story 2, Dinosaur, Crash Bandicoot 3, Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters.

The original got a little hard, and I sometimes just ran around, not knowing what to do. But these days, itā€™s probably the slowest to load on my PS2, after more than a decade. I only play it every few years or so.

Probably my favorite level was the one where you build the Bird at Ant Island. Such a fresh, positive, and bright envivronment compared to the bleak, grittyness of the previous City zone. But the City Zone was awesome too, just because Iā€™m such a big fan of Dim and the circus bugs.

The second-to-last level with Atta and Flick flying from Hopper was probably the hardest one for me. They expect you to fly through a bombing run of rain, hordes of wasps and mosquitoes, AND evade Hopper, and still be able to collect the grain and letters? I never have gotten close to 100% on that level.

The back of the original game for the Playstation depicts a secret/bonus level that has Flik navigating with a dandelion-like leaf through a lava-filled place. Has anyone ever made it there, and how do you get it?

Just going onto this forum, I TOTALLY REMEMBERED PLAYING THAT GAME WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID! Man, it was hella fun, i think i could still play it to this day, if I could figure out where to find it.

I have a cereal box PC game, but Iā€™ve never had the ABL game. :frowning:

DO NOT get me started on this game! I had this for the computer (I still do, actually), and I could NEVER, and I do mean NEVER get past the first level! I remember that most of the time, Iā€™d take it out of the computer, yell at it, and pop in the Toy Story 2 game (that was hard but at least I could get past the first several levels! Although I never did beat itā€¦)

LOSER! lol, just kidding. I could help you, if i knew the basic storyline of the game, how to play it, and if i could telepathically reconnect with my 6 year-old self.