A Possible Cars 2

How is my story so far?

• It was good. Keep on making more!
  • It was okay. I may read it again, may not.
  • It wasn’t good. Please stop writing it.

0 voters

Introduction: Reminising

Lightning McQueen finally had some quiet time from his hectic life. All the kids were sleeping and for once in his life, he had a night without a press conference or tv interview or a guest appearence on a show or. . .

He decided to spend the night hanging out with Sally and Doc. Mater was on a date with his fiancee. When McQueen had just finished cleaning up the living room, Doc had came. “Tonight is the only night that you’ll have peace and quiet here at my house. So we better make this last.”

“I know what you mean!”

Sally came into the room with a bunch of snacks. They were going to have a movie marathon. “I just thought of a way to make tonight more fun!”

“What?” McQueen and Doc both said at the same time. They have a habit of doing that a lot.

“I think we should make this into a competition to see who can stay up the latest.”

“I don’t know.” McQueen said. “I’m already going to be getting less sleep than I need for tomorrow’s big day of shooting for that movie they made me star in.”

“Oh. Thought I’d give it a try.”

“You know, instead of watching movies, we should do something else.”

“And I already know I’m out voted. Doc’s gonna say yes to that.”

“Yes I am.” Doc said. “I’m thinking that we actually take the time to reminisce what’s happened to us in the past.”

“That would be nice.” Sally said.

“Where do we start off at?” McQueen asked.

“Well, I think we could start with after you came into town. I don’t wanna be embarassing you from some of the things that happened to you then.”

“You mean like the cactus patch?”

“Yep.”

“We’re skipping that. I think we should start off with the day that we had our first full season working together as a pit crew. . .”

Chapter 1: Before the Race

The day was February 4th, 2006. I was getting all geared up for my second season, when the one day that practically changed my life happened.

McQueen was searching around for this rumored rookie who just so happened to be The King’s kid. He looked all around everywhere. He almost gave up hope until he finally saw the Dinoco blue paintjob. He drove up to the racecar, wanting to say hi and to welcome him to the racing sport. When he finally came up to the rookie, he had his back turned. “Hello there. I’m Lightning McQueen, and I just wanted to say hello.”

The rookie turned around, and said. “That’s nice of you to do!” in a high-pitched voice. This racecar was not a boy. “Most of the other racers are treating me badly all because I"m a girl. Isn’t that so wrong?”

“Umm. . .” McQueen was in shock from seeing a girl be this year’s rookie. “I guess not.”

“You were expecting a boy weren’t you?”

“Yeah. But it’s only because-”

“All you boys are the same. You don’t think that girls can be racers.”

“I didn’t say that!”

“It was impllied. If you thought that girls could race, you’d be expecting either gender.”

“You’re the first female racer in the Piston Cup. No one would have expected a girl this year.”

“You just think girls can’t race!”

“I don’t! How many times do I have to tell you this!”

“It doesn’t matter how many times. I just know that no boy on this planet thinks a girl can race but my dad.” and she stomed off.

“I think a girl can race! Get back here!”

“What!?”

“I really do think girls can race! You have to believe me!”

“Okay. I believe you. But I have to go see my dad anyways.”

“Hey! Before I forget, what’s your name!?” McQueen shouted as she drove off to her dad.

“Delilah!” she shouted back.

“Delilah.” McQueen said to himself. “What a pretty name. I hope that she is good. Or I’ll look bad saying she’s a good racer.”

McQueen went back to his pits, and saw Doc standing there. But what really caught his attention is something he didn’t expect. “Holy crap you look a lot like me!”

“You like!?” Doc asked.

“Umm. . .”

Doc had gotten into the spirit of being McQueen’s crew chief a little too much. He was decked out in a matching paintjob. Exactly the same. And it was a complete match.

“Doc, you need to tone it down for the next race. This could get confusing.”

Chick was driving by the pits to get to his. He drove 5 feet pass McQueen’s, and then he had to stop short and turn around. He looked at McQueen and Doc’s matching paintjobs.

“Okay. Who’s your twin, McQueen?” Chick asked.

“He’s soooooo far from being my twin! It’s Doc!”

“Who?”

“Oh yeah. Only people from Radiator Springs call him that. Forgot. It’s my crew chief!”

“Umm. . .Are you guys in any way related?”

“Dont. Think. So.” Doc replied.

“Well, you guys look as if you could be.” And with that, Chick left.

“Told you it’d be confusing!” McQueen said.

“All right! I’ll tone it down a little next time! Can’t blame a guy for being all spirited for you!”

“I think you’re the only one here that could pass for my twin! And my real twin is a fraternal twin!”

“You have a twin?”

“Yeah. His name is Joseph. But he was born witha black paintjob instead of my natural blue.”

“Blue? Yeah. Like the one you normally have on.”

“I didn’t know that!”

“I can betcha that my similarity in appearance to you is why my mom named me after you.”

“Okay. This is just getting freaky.”

“Yeah. The only reason I changed my name to Lightning is so I could have a name for myself and not be compared to you.”

“Oh.”

The racecars were given the signal to get ready on the track.

“I’ll see ya later when I’m done winning the race.”

“Now, don’t be over confident, kid!”

“All right!”

McQueen got out on the track and noticed poor Delilah had to sit out the first race. All rookies had to. No matter what. McQueen did wish that he could see her in action today, but he couldn’t. He would just have to wait until next week.

“Gentlemen, start you’re engines!”

Next week, that line would have to be revised.

Chapter 2: McQueen’s Worse Nightmare

McQueen was still telling the story.

[/i]Naturally, I had won the race. I was using a few tricks I had learned from Doc. I hadn’t learned them[/i]all yet! It wasn’t until I had caught up with him until I found out the news that was going to change my life forever.

Before McQueen had even gotten to Doc though, there was a little bit of story left to be told. Just exactly how this event happened.

The King and his daughter Delilah decided to go visit Doc. Delilah had been wanting to meet The Fabulous Hudson Hornet. They drove over to the pits were he was at. “Hey there, Hudson.” The King said.

For a second, Doc was a little weirded out. No one ever really called him that in a long while. “Oh! Hey there King.”

“You don’t need to call me that.”

“Yeah, but I’m not really used to calling you by your real name. Like I’m not being called by my own name!”

“Really?”

“Yeah. In Radiator Springs, everyone calls me Doc Hudson or just Doc because that’s how they’ve known me.”

“Even Lightning?”

“Him too. So who’s this girl?”

“This is my daughter, Delilah. She’s going to be this year’s rookie.”

“Well, nice to meet you, Delilah.”

“You look a little too much like Lightning.” she replied. “Not to be offensive or anything, but you do!”

“That kid was right. And I figured that out when Chick thought I was McQueen’s twin!”

“You guys would be more like a father and son.”

“Why does all of this we’re related stuff keep on coming up?”

“You guys just look a lot alike today.”

Doc so wanting to change the subject said to The KIng, “How’s your daughter’s racing ablility.”

“Pretty good saying she’s only a rookie. But then again, she gets it from me.”

“That would make sense.”

“It’s just too bad that she doesn’t have a crew chief yet.”

“What!?”

“It’s true.” Delilah said softly and sadly. “I’m gonna end up like Lightning at the Piston Cup. NOT the tie-breaker of course.”

“I know what you mean.” Even though he wasn’t involved in racing anymore at the time of the 2005 Piston Cup, it doesn’t mean he didn’t watch racing on TV. He had seen what happened. The tires thing was one big mistake. And poor Delilah had no one to prevent that from happening.

McQueen had just arrived from doing doughnuts and, of course, backwards driving in the infield. Mater had even joined him for the backwards driving. Why not? It’s not against any rules for your best friend to be proud of you. As I was saying, this is where McQueen comes in. “Hey you guys. What’cha up to?”

“Did you know Delilah doesn’t have a crew chief yet?” Doc asked McQueen.

“No. Gosh, we need to find you one.”

“I know.” Delilah said, still depressed.

Doc has a look on his face that said he had an idea. And when Doc had that look, McQueen knew it usually meant trouble. “Doc. What are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking, Delilah could have me as her crew chief.”

“What about me!?” McQueen said. He was right. This was certainly trouble.

“I’ll still be your crew chief too.”

“How in the world will you be able to pull this off!?”

“McQueen. I’m a racing legend who’s also gotten his doctor’s degree. I think I can pull this off.”

“Um. . .I’m not too sure about this.” The King said. “She doesn’t even live anywhere near Radiator Springs.”

“I could move there! I heard it’s so beautiful! And lately it’s been nicknamed The Racing City. Even though from what I know it’s not much of a city. Please! Could I move to Radiator Springs and have The Fabulous Hudson Hornet as my crew chief!? Please!!”

“You wouldn’t mind?” The King asked Doc.

“Not at all!” Doc replied.

McQueen did not like where this was going.

“She could stay at The Cozy Cone Motel. Sally wouldn’t mind. It’d be nice for her to have a girl about her age around for a change. And everyone stays at The Wheel Well anyways, so there will be vacancy there.”

“So does this mean yes!?” Delilah asked. She was so eager to get started.

“It does.” The King said.

“Yay!”

“No!” McQueen thought. “Why must this be happeining!? This girl can’t just share my crew chief on a whim! Doc hasto be too nice to everyone. Why can’t her own dad be her crew chief? That would work. But no. She has to share Doc with me. This is just great.”

McQueen was the only one unhappy about this.

The next day, Delilah had shown up into town. Everyone was there to welcome her. Especially Doc. McQueen only showed up so he didn’t look like a Debbie Downer. To keep himself looking happy, he thought about his new favorite song Music or the Misery by Fall Out Boy. It was off of their Limited Black Clouds and Underdogs Edition of their CD From Under the Cork Tree. Sure there were only 5 new songs on it, but McQueen really wanted to buy it! Anyways, there he was, keeping himself happy by singing the song in his head.

Delilah had a bunch of bags since she’d be staying for a long time. The King and his wife looked worried. Doc knew those faces. And so did McQueen. That’s what all your parents faces look like when you’re going to leave off to be a racecar. “I assure you guys Delilah will be alright.” Doc said. “The worst thing that can happen here in Radiator Springs is falling into a cacuts patch. Right, McQueen?”

“Don’t remind me.”

“I do hope that you are right.” The King said. “We’ll miss you, Delilah.”

“I’ll miss you too Mom and Dad.”

And then her parents left. Delilah was officially on her own.

Love it…absolutely do it…has to be one of the best starts i’ve read in a long time…

Review 9.5/10
Welcome to PP LightningandDoc!!!

Awesome fanfic! I’ll definitely be checking out next chapter.