A Wall-E sequel would be a good idea.

There are a lot of unanswered questions in Wall-E too that appear many times thruout all these Wall-E sequel threads, and there are 3-4 threads. What happened to the other spaceships? What happened in the 700 years? Was Eve a completed model by the time of the exodus, or did she take shape later? How did Wall-E get smart? etc…

Mysteries are inevitable, because firstly, they don’t have time to explain the outcome of everything, and secondly, cuz if they did it would be tedious and boring and so movie makers like the audience to go home with a bunch of mysteries in their mind that make them think about what they just saw. If they don’t think about what they just saw, then they probably won’t say a couple of weeks later that they really liked it: “Well, it was good when I saw it, but, hmmm, now come to think of it, I haven’t thought much about it since, and well kinda forgotten about it and maybe that means it wasn’t much good…” So having all the ends neatly tied together may not be in the movie’s best interests. And this is why so many peeps are against sequels.

Up has some questions like “[spoil]Did those 5-6 balloons that Muntz was holding give him a soft landing?” “Is he living in Carl’s house now?” “Did Carl go on any further interesting adventures like Ellie told him to?[/spoil]” We don’t have to know the answers to all these questions.

Edited the next day with spoiler tags emplaced.

Sorry, DarkHand, but please stop with the spoilers. Just because you’ve seen Up doesn’t mean everyone else has, especially as this is in the WALL-E part of the forums of all places!

Seriously you guys… this is a WALL•E topic of discussion, and it’s been really irritating for me too see Up-this and Up-that scattered about our WALL•E threads! :frowning: I’m not opposed to the movie in any way at all, please don’t get me wrong - I absolutely loved it!!! It’s just that people mentioning Up every breathing second all over the WALL•E threads has gotten a bit annoying.

And I agree with lizardgirl. I put what DarkHand said in spoiler tags for the quote.

Sorry if I sound like a meanie or party pooper or anything, but I’m sure a lot of other WALL•E fans feel the same way about this. Out of respect, I think we should keep all discussions on-topic. :wink:

little chef

if they made it as good as the first i might watch it

…I know there’s no need for a sequel.

But darnit, can’t I dream?! xD