Andy's Toy Chest

almost finished, just got few final fixes.
:arrow_right:

I like it a lot. :slight_smile:

Thank , I like your new chuckles as well

Custom made. :slight_smile:

Looks great. Are you going to add some kind of gloss finish when your done? I think it would really bring out the colors. (Of course this depends on What material your working with… I’m not sure if a gloss coat would even be possible)

Edit: just saw the post about what you made it out of of. I think you can gloss that, right?

By the way what’s bristol?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_board
Bristol board. It’s a thick smooth cardboard used by artists for lots of things.

yes , that’s possible.
actually that’s what i was plan to do after all the fixing is done,i’m glad u like it.

Finally Finished.
:arrow_right:

andy’s toy chest by sHaY110, on Flickr

Great job! It looks very very good. It looks exactly like it does in the films.

is jeleous

Now the big question, are you going to deck it out in stickers like Toy Story 3, or leave it as it looked in the previous 2 movies? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna keep it this way, and I think it will be nice for recreate scenes from the movie (and for storing the big toys),I want to make my bedroom to toy story 1 coming to life, I wonder if I could make a carpet by mylself too.

Rag?

Sorry I meant carpet beside the luxo ball.

i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd34 … m1set2.jpg

I love your chest!!! Pretty movie cannon and so beautiful! ^-^ Looks wonderful with your toys around, I’d love to see some movie scenes :slight_smile: Congratulations pal’!

that looks amazing!!! i’m trying to mkae my own toy chest but i need help. Does anyone have any measurements for the toy chest and maybe a couple pics of the toy chest besides the ones from disneyscreencaps.com

i was also thinking of just buying and painting this toy chest but i don’t know if the measurements are good and big enough to actually put my entire toy story collection in it? amazon.com/Badger-Basket-Bar … B00005CAJK

Thanks, the height is suppose to be 50 cm
And 72 cm wide. :slight_smile:

Some pics for size comparison next to other figures.

toy story by sHaY110, on Flickr

andy’s toy chest toy story by sHaY110, on Flickr

toy story collection by sHaY110, on Flickr

thanks! do you think this chest would be a good size? amazon.com/Badger-Basket-Bar … B00005CAJK

To be honest it will not be perfect , u will better find rounded top (like half circle ) for accurate shape, its also not smooth so I think it won’t be easy painting it, try flea market or antiques stores tell me what u find there.

well i was thinking of getting a thin piece of wood to cover the front side of the chest so when it was time to paint, i could just paint over it