Animagusurreal's Artwork

Your artwork is very stunning, very fantastic! The collection of beavers is amazing- I, too, didn’t know there were so many beaver characters out there. I love the “Heroes, Heroines, Villains, Villainesses” pieces and they look awesome as your signature, no lie. The doberman, “Captured!”, and the vampire bat are also amazing artwork. Keep it up.

^

bright-dot-dasher

Thank you for the wonderful comments! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Remi Vitoux, my oft-drawn beaver-artist-superhero character, in my new alternative style.

I was originally going to have him holding his hero mask in his other hand, continuing the “duality” theme that runs through a lot of pictures of him, but it just didn’t look right.

It’s nice to draw him in a pleasant setting after the last picture I did of him, in which a supervillain had knocked unconscious and was dangling him upside-down by his tail (see “Captured!” above).

To see the many, many different looks Remi has sported in the past, check out this music video:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbLN6GtPT1w

Also, here’s a banner with various bat characters. As with the beaver banner, the images on the far left and far right were drawn by me:

My first fan banner to feature a Pixar character :slight_smile: :

A lot of new stuff to share :slight_smile:

“Ballad Quill in Repose”

My gryphon character Ballad relaxing. The background is comprised of two photos taken by my mother near where I live (combined and altered in Photoshop)

“Hippie Deer”

Something of a return to form for me :slight_smile:.

Another “Name that Character” banner:

The next to pics are recent photos of me with my characters inserted into them:

“The Real Animagurreal: Jam Session”

“The Real Animagusurreal: Beach Bum”

Well, the second one on the top row for your griffin banner is Griff from Gargoyles, I love that show!

Great stuff, you have a really unique, kind of organic style, brings out a different feel to your pictures. Your subjects seem a bit obscure, but the more you do, the better you get! :slight_smile:

^ Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

And yes, Griff is correct :slight_smile:.

Two surreal aliens reveal themselves to you on the pier in Pismo Beach, California.

Another pic with a Pismo Beach background, with Iris the bloodhound.

My Remi the beaver-artist-superhero was so exited by his trip to Disneyland he sculpted himself in the petrefied tree in Fronteirland. (Of course, immediately after this pic was taken, he used his powers to restore it to its natural state).

Here I am holding up an entire dracophant in outside the main gate of Disney’s California Adventure, and nobody is even looking! (Perhaps they know that they’re filled with heated gasses, like a hot air balloon.)

Me posing with “Roughshod” the cowboy outlaw horse.

Mom and a panther character of mine she particularly likes:

My friend Tomas on opening day of Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney’s California Adventure with a flamingo.

With Dobes Gillis, the doberman superhero.

A collage of various pieces (by myself and others) of my gryphon character Ballad Quill.

An action scene between skunk supervillainess Zoria Qumica and doberman superhero Dobes Gillis.

Egad! I’ve been away so long, my thread is on PAGE TWO of the forum! :open_mouth: :wink:

Fanart of DC/Warner Bros.’ Krypto the Superdog, in anthro form:

Bark Kent, newshound for the Doggy Planet, fading into Krypto:

Kryptax, the Bizarro Superdog (created by me):

Bizarro’s partner in crime, Bad Stitch:

My artist beaver character Remi Vitoux, wearing wooden armor as his superhero alterego, “Dammage”:

Animated GIF of Remi turning into Dammage:

CLICK HERE:

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar … -150598991

(won’t upload to ImageShack for some reason)

And finally, this is the first completed illustration for the children’s book that grew out of my “Escapia” novel concept.

Here are Sondrew Hayne the human and his best friend Ballad Quill the gryphon, having fun singing a “Sweet Song” in a clearing near the edge of the woods.

This is part of a sequence in which they sing several types of song (The forthcoming ones are Scary Songs, Silly Songs and Sad Songs.)

With this picture, I’m sort of trying to meld my old surreal, flat style with some new techniques I learned doing my (relatively) more realistic superhero artwork.

Teryx, the birdlike archaeopteryx from the 1980’s TV show Dinosaucers:

Doberman Superhero vs. Skunk Supervillainess part 2 (using his super parylizing bite on her):

Name That Character Fan Banner: Leopards and Panthers:

Ballad and Sondrew Picture Book Illustration #2:

Were-Unicorn II:

Streamline the surfer dude otter:

Streamline, Beast Boy edition (because Beast Boy’s voice actor Greg Cipes loves surfing)

Krypto’s cousin, Kassi the She-Superdog:

Oh my god, Stitch is RIPPED! :open_mouth: I wouldn’t want to tangle with that little fella. :smiley:

^

Yeah, imagine him lifting 3,000 times his own weight! Eventually I’ll probably do “good” Stitch, too :slight_smile:.

In Don Rosa’s Donald Duck comic, “Mythological Menagerie”, there’s a reference to a giant beaver, so I couldn’t resist putting my artist character Remi in there. Then, a few pages later, they mention a gryphon (they prefer the “griffin” spelling) so I put Ballad in as well.

Huey, Dewey and Louie’s dialogue has not been altered at all. Donald is the one running away in the distance in the first panel.

Original comic written and drawn by Don Rosa. Copyright Disney. “Fair Use” as parody under copyright law.

The characters Remi Vitoux the beaver and Ballad Quill the gryphon, their likenesses, and their dialogue were created entirely by and are copyright me.

Done for a friend at work who gave me DVDs of all three seasons of the excellent series Avatar: The Legend of Aang. (I can’t call it “The Last Airbender” anymore since Shyamalan sullied the name). So I finally got to see how the series ended! :slight_smile: I hope she likes this pic :slight_smile:.

This is her female otter character, an avatar (master of all four elements), practicing her native art of waterbending.

An illustration from my children’s picture book project, “The Tale of Sondrew and Ballad”, about human lad Sondrew Hayne and his gryphon friend Ballad Quill, who are both musicians.

This is part three of a four-part passage on the types of songs they like to sing. Already done are Sweet Songs and Scary Songs, still to come is Silly Songs.

2010 Art Meme:

“Dobes Gets Bitten Back” - Vampire bat villain Johnny Drac bites doberman hero Dobes Gillis in my ongoing battle series.

A request I got for Stretch-O-Mutt from Krypto the Superdog to turn into an anthro female:
img828.imageshack.us/img828/6864 … nsform.gif

“June” - a surreal pic themed to the month of June (with 2 versions).

A photocollage of my room:

Retro Rant Review comedy review of “The Hunchback of Notre Dame II” (direct-to-video Disney sequel)

On YouTube, part 1:
youtube.com/user/animagusurr … 1j7FU8QXu0

On YouTube, part 2:
youtube.com/user/animagusurr … asNTMDRBLU

On BlipTV:
retrorantreview.blip.tv/file/4420229/

Another illustration from my children’s picture book project about human Sondrew and his gryphon friend Ballad, closing out the section on what kinds of songs they like to sing (the others being “sweet”, “scary” and “sad”.)

Here are all four illustrations for this section of the book, in order (including Silly Songs again).

You may notice that they look a little different in each pic. That’s because I keep revising the character design with each illustration! :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue: (: I’m going to have to go back over all of these and revise them for consistency.

I love your art, it’s very creative and I like the characters’ designs and stories! You surely deserve more comments. I should really look in this thread more often…

^

Thanks, Badger! :slight_smile:

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I posted here.

A 1930’s cartoon dolphin:

A Silver Surfer toy I customized as Hunter from the 90’s cartoon Road Rovers:

A clay sculpture of Yangtze, a “crocodolphin” character from an Avatar: The Last Airbender RP I’m in:

“Cave art” style pic of a crocodolphin and a human boy:

Otter avatar Hisame battling a kangaroo Earth Bender bandit:

Hisame bending fire:

Identity, a bloodhound superheroine, bringing you some ice cream, because she does things like that :slight_smile:. The backdrop is the old train facade of the Baker’s Field Bakery at Disney California Adventure (now replaced by Buena Vista Street):

Pratfall, an albatross superheroine:

Remi Vitoux, a beaver superhero and artist, in a bayou where he works on and displays his artwork:

This is a space dragon based on a wonderfully awful line from the film, “The Black Hole”. One of the characters states they’re looking for “habitable life”. I think she meant “inhabitable planets” or "planets inhabited by life,"or something, but I decided to draw what habitable space life would look like.

Those are human-sized towns, roads and cities on his body, along with a “giant” (to them) obelisk between his eyes:

A couple samples from my ongoing children’s book project about gryphon musician Ballad and his human friend Sondrew:

Arix, a werewolf warrior:

An animated GIF of shadows parting to reveal Arix:

Animated GIF of Turtle superheroine The Sheilding Shell using her force field powers:

A comedy review of Disney’s Home on the Range:

Part 1:
youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-KBc … ature=plcp

Part 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie0bV … ature=plcp

Part 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=G3VeaP7K … ature=plcp

A parody of the “Happy Working Song” from Enchanted about the Disney California Adventure remodel:

CLICK HERE TO WATCH:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Wonderful job! I particularly like the’30’s cartoon Dolphin and the GIFs.

^

Thanks, Pixarmilan :slight_smile:

Fanart of Master Tigress from Kung Fu Panda, entering the room through some translucent curtains.

And here’s my Halloween costume of my doberman superhero character Dobes Gillis (courtesy of Photoshop) :

Nice job! Tigress looks pretty great there.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

vividgroovy.com/ballad%20and%20s … mation.gif

In this animation, Ballad Quill, a young gryphon musician, has just gotten a hat and vest as a hatching-day gift from his human friend, Sondrew Hayne. These things being a novelty to a gryphon, he’s very excited.

Inspired by a children’s picture book I’m working on.

Pratfall the albatross superheroine/stuntwoman visits the Carthay Circle Theatre at Disney California Adventure:

Streaky the Supercat:

Angel from Lilo and Stitch: The Series:

Pen sketches, colored in Photoshop…

An older version of Ballad Quill:

Pig supervillain Vortex:

Turtle superheroine The Shielding Shell:

Bloodhound superheroine Identity:

Krypto the Superdog:

A villain profile for Vortex. (Done in Photoshop)

Identity and the Shielding Shell about to get ambushed by chameleon supervillainess Ambush, who has invisibility powers:

Pencil sketch of Rush, from Mega Man:

Jackelope, a Flemish giant rabbit with a helmet that enhances his telekenisis: