Animagusurreal's Artwork

This ninja Siamese cat is part of a picture I am currently desperately trying to finish.

Oooh, ninja cat! I really love this one. My favorite so far. Keep it up. (I like the sword)

^

Thanks, Star. Here’s the full pic.

LARGER VERSION (click here, then click on thumbnail) :

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar … t-81213743

Opposing supervillains Roughshod and Ninja Cat face-off for the supply of precious maguffinite energy crystals, as superhero Remi Vitoux looks on, commenting on the romantic spark between them.

“Roughshod”, a palomino horse, was once Dr. Spence Ames, a military research scientist. He was doing weapons experiments in the Arizona desert, when he was driven mad by the brutal nature of his work, and adopted the persona of an outlaw cowboy.

“Ninja Cat”, a Siamese cat, does not have a backstory or an alterego yet, and that may not remain her name. A possible alterego name might be “Otu-ran Ikamuzu” which is the name of a certain popular anime ninja backwards.

Both characters are the kind of villain that does villainous things, but still has a certain “code of honor.”

It has been a long, rough road to the completion of this picture. Amongst other things, a rather difficult move to a new house interrupted work on it, as I was without my precious Photoshop for about a month. There was a point when I had hoped to have this finished by the actual Valentine’s Day.

This picture was partially sketched on the grounds of the mansion that Alvin and the Chipmunks built, while I was waiting with other press to interview Ross Bagdasarian, Jr., and his wife Janice Karman, the Chipmunks’ co-producers.

Also, this was the first picture of mine to be worked on on four different computers.

DUde, that is nice work right there. I really like it. You have really worked hard on it. Keep it up dude.

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while…

Here’s my latest, “Mother Easter Bunny”

img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/ … d700px.jpg

It occurred to me that (at least here in America) there are no female holiday mascots - Mrs. Claus is generally given a supporting role, and even the Baby New Year and St. Patrick’s Day leprechauns are generally depicted as male - so I decided to make a female Easter Bunny.

This is the first pregnant character I have ever drawn.

She’s journeying across a Medieval-looking land where spring is just beginning.

No eggs can be seen in her basket, because I figure it’s like Santa’s magic bag of toys, where she can just reach in and magically pull out more Easter eggs than could possibly fit in there.

The textures:

Fur, dress, blue sky, etc……dryer lint.

Snow……dishtowel

Cottage walls and castle walls and roof……combinations of Photoshop filters

Cottage roof……pencil

Paths, grass, dirt, etc……rose petal brush set on small size

Thanks, Star, for your comments on my previous piece above :slight_smile:

I swear, you gotta find an art museum because that is truely an a amazing picture!

^

Thank you :slight_smile:

If you know of a museum that would like it, I’d gladly show it there :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ll keep my eye out for one. ANd you’re welcome dude!

Oh wow, that stuff is brilliant! It’s so unique… I’ve never seen anything like it!

You would be extremely successful as a children’s picture book illustrator :wink:

^

Thanks! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

At one point, I was supposed to do a children’s book for a design firm, but the author decided that my style wasn’t what she had in mind for her story. Also, I did a sample illustration of a scene in a kitchen, and she felt that the rounded teapots “clashed” with the rectangular cabinet doors. I’m still trying to figure that one out :slight_smile: .

I still hope to do children’s book illustration. I’m planning to send the Easter Bunny pic and a few others to some publishers.

What do you plan on posting next?

^

I’m working on a picture of characters from my fantasy novel project: Ballad Quill the gryphon (who appears as my avatar), his musical partner, Sondrew Hayne, master quest guide Sequiel, and a mysterious werewolf. The big thing about this picture is that Sondrew and Sequiel are both - gasp! - human characters!

oooh, sounds neat! well good luck to you on it. I can’t wait to see it.

Thanks Star. It’s nice to know someone already wants to see it when it’s finally finished :slight_smile:

In the meantime, here’s a music video based around my picture “Villaintines Day”:

CLICK HERE:
youtube.com/watch?v=wfGYcH7YzMY

Two rival supervillains fall in love at first sight while a superhero looks on, amused, in this art-based tribute music video.

All artwork in the video was done by me, except for the photo of the honeydew melon, and the two screenshots of Helen of Troy from the DuckTales episode, “Raiders of the Lost Harp”.

The main song is “Looking at You” by Cole Porter, sung by Alan Alda on the soundtrack of Woody Allen’s movie musical “Everyone Says I Love You”. It’s bookended by excerpts of “Tick Tock”, from the OBC recording of Stephen Sondheim’s “Company”.

“Campfire Confidences”

(For some reason, Sondrew’s eyes look all googlie in the image that’s in the post, but they don’t in the full-view Photobucket version. Click here and then click again for full view:

s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 … d800px.jpg )

This picture is based upon a scene from the fantasy novel I’m working on. Singing partners Ballad Quill the gryphon and human Sondrew Hayne swap stories with the kingdom’s top quest guide, Master Sequiel (also human), while sitting around a campfire. Meanwhile, Arix the werewolf is watching unnoticed from the bushes.

The fire was created from the hair of a character in a very old Photoshop pic, which I ran across when I accidentally put in the wrong disk while looking for another file.

It may not look it, but just about every little detail of this picture seemed to require tons of work for some reason. The most frustrating part was making it look like they were sitting cross-legged/Indian-style. Someone suggested that I have them sit on logs or rocks instead, but by that point I had already figured it out :slight_smile: .

I wound up leaving most of Ballad’s body out of the frame. It made for a more intimate picture…and it meant I didn’t have to draw as much background scenery :wink:

You have a very unique style and talent for art, animagusurreal; I am amazed at all of your work from the beginning of this thread! :astonished: :smiley:
I wish I had those designs in my own home!
Keep it up!

Thank you, bright dot-dasher for your kind words! :slight_smile:

Prints are available for sale :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:.

This is my latest,

“Were-Unicorn”

A were-unicorn partway through transfomation, using myself as a “model” for the human elements.

As an obsessive artist, if I go too long without doing something creative, I get a feeling sort of (to use a bit of hyperbole) like my brain is going to burst. I was inspired to do a picture of a were-unicorn as a metaphor for that feeling, with the horn being the ideas that are “bursting” out of my head.

I thought of this while in line for the check out at WalMart, and that was originally going to be the setting for the picture (representing an ordinary, everyday location), but I didn’t have any pictures of WalMart, so I used this picture of my closet full of ordinary objects (cropped out of a picture of myself and a friend) and superimposed the image of an “enchanted meadow” over it (actually a picture of a local park altered in Photoshop.) This is the first time I’ve used photos as a backdrop. It’s also the first time since an “Aeosop’s mouse taking the thorn out of the lion’s paw” picture ages ago that blood has appeared in any of my pictures (that little trickle where the horn is coming through in my forehead.)

I’ve also done three new music videos since my last post:

“Multitudes of Remis”

youtube.com/watch?v=cbLN6GtPT1w

Various versions of my beaver artist superhero character Remi Vitoux, drawn by myself and others.

The main song is Ike and Tina Turner’s cover of The Beatles’ “Come Together”, written by Lennon/McCartney. The interlude at the beginning is from “Le Festin”, from “Ratatouille”.

(My Remi is not to be confused with Remy the rat from “Ratatouille”. I love “Ratatouille” - obviously :slight_smile: - but I thought of my Remi long before that movie came out :slight_smile:)

“Your Imagination”

youtube.com/watch?v=otlZdLi4u3k

A music video tribute to Disneyland, featuring the song “Your Imagination” by Brian Wilson (formerly of the Beach Boys).

The program at the beginning is Circa 1987, the childhood photos are from my 12th birthday in 1993, and the photos featuring my friends and I are from May 31, June 1st, and June 17, 2008 (The opening day of Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney’s California Adventure.)

“Escapia Medley”

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8RncDl_lFs

A music video with artwork of the characters from my fantasy novel, “Escapia” (including the “Campfire” picture above.)

Songs:

“As We Go Along” from the Monkees’ movie “Head”

“Summer, Summer” from the musical “Two Gentlemen of Verona”

Intro/End Title:
“Simple Joys” from the musical “Pippin”

Oh wow, now that is really, really amazing artwork. I really loved watching the music videos. You seem to make my jaw drop everytime you post up something new.

^

Thanks, Star :slight_smile:

Here’s a new one:

“The Dam Breaks, Part 1 - Blue Tears of Sorrow”

An extreme close-up of my beaver character Remi crying. Don’t worry, he’ll be happier in part 2 :slight_smile:.

“Blue Tears” make me think of of Wilbur the pig from the animated version of Charlotte’s Web, who was always crying those big bright blue tears.

Also, here’s the thread with my original prose writing, featuring the first chapter of my fantasy novel, “Escapia”:

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … 068#102068

Here’s the version with my beaver character, Remi, happy:

I revised the sleeves in the original sad pic, too:

And here’s the combined pic: