Another Pixar ripoff....

You thought Ratatoing and The Little Cars were bad?

Well guess what Video Brinquedo is stealing now? C’mon, guess. I dare you.

Click to see if you guessed right! The link leads to my livejournal, where you’ll find the promotional poster for this atrocity. I thought the picture was kind of big so I’ll just link to the post.

Ugh. It never ends, does it?

EDIT: Okay, so I gave Video Brinquedo too much credit. It’s weird, after a little digging I found that Amazon.com credits this to “Good Times Entertainment”, which is another Brazilian company and has apparently been sued by Disney for copyright issues before. Wal-Mart credits this movie to “Gaiam” which owns “Good Times Entertainment” after it filed for bankruptcy.

This is where I first found it.

So, it turns out that this is NOT Video Brinquedo’s doing. Sorry, my bad. Here’s the summary of the actual plot of the movie for those who are interested:

“Packed with magic and eye-popping animation, “What’s Up Balloon To The Rescue!” takes off with a bang when the brilliant, but befuddled Dr. Crumb discovers a magical stone that turns his house into a hot air balloon. The discovery allows Crumb - and his trusted brainiac companions - to pursue a heroic career of monster-chasing. But soon, the criminal-minded Jean-Pierre hatches a particularly diabolical plan which sends this airborne voyage into a new level of turbulence! Without the magic stone, will the scientists crash land, or will they be able to save the world by using their own ingenuity? “What’s Up Balloon To The Rescue!” is a gravity-defying adventure for the entire family.”

This is already on the forums somewhere, I forget what the topic’s called.

Is it confirmed that Video Brinquedo is making this?

Found the original thread (in the Up section): What the heck is this?!

little chef

Thanks for finding the original thread little chef Eva.

Locking up now.