Anybody remember Circle-7?

I agree with you, ObsessedWithPixar. :slight_smile: I’m glad that in a way, at least Circle 7 wasn’t shut down completely in the sense that the workers were transferred to other Disney departments (or am I thinking of Disney Toon Studios? Sorry, I might be wrong on this one :blush: ), but still. Yeah, the stories were fan-fic-like, I think. What’s weird is how a few minor parts of Toy Story 3, from what I know, are vaguely similar to those of the final film. Plus, I would be disappointed to have to buy them just on DVD knowing they were not intended to be seen on the big screen. And yes, I am also a huge fan of Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, and Cars 2, especially the “2” movies, and I believe that I will enjoy Monsters University and Finding Dory as well. There may be other Pixar sequels coming on the way according to something Pixar head Ed Catmull said, but I’m not worrying. Am I the only one who doesn’t mind sequels? I might have liked some more than others, but I generally don’t find many theatrical sequels disappointing. I think that was a thing of the past, if even that. I think a lot of the animation studios have figured out what it takes a make a decent, if not great sequel.

^Honestly I’m not all-too sure what happened to C7, it would’ve been cool if they found another place at Disney to work! Anyway, yeah, I’m like you in the area of being a sequel lover. I can’t recall ever seeing a sequel that wasn’t as good or better than its prequel! And I’d totally forgotten the direct-to-video thing they had planned; glad they didn’t do that, especially considering that Pixar broke through that idea and got TS2 in theaters! Interestingly enough, the first time I’d heard of another Monsters movie was a mistaken release date for the Circle-7 Monsters Inc 2, just like when I first heard about TS3! Glad that mystery is solved…

Fascinating. I remember the original idea for Toy Story 3 but I didnt know about Circle 7. I agree the Monsters Inc sequel looked interesting.