Anyone here dislike Jessie?

I really like her! JesseXBuzz forever!

Yeah, I’m a hopeless romantic. XD

Anyway, though she is a bit loud, I found her pretty darn cute.

“Excuse me, ma’am, I just wanted you to know I think you’re a bright young woman with a beautiful yarn full of hair…a hair full of yarn…I must go…”

^^ Ah, animated couples…the only thing that makes me a squealy little fangirl again.

Yes, I think it was their intention. We were probably meant to feel somewhat opposed to the Roundup Gang at first because they wanted to keep Woody from going home, even though they were clearly nice (except of course for Stinky Pete who we found out later was putting on an act) and we can understand why they wanted Woody to stay with them which we almost think is for a good reason. Jessie was saying some hateful things about Andy all because Woody still had an owner so we’re sure meant to dislike her then, but when they get to “When She Loved Me” that’s when we really start to care about her and know why she feels that way. That song added a lot of depth to her than I’ve seen in Bo Peep, and I like Bo Peep.

One thing I do dislike now that I can think of is that part where she says “Everyone knows your name, Woo-DEE!!!” cause she has this really creepy look on her face when she says it.

Yes, I remember thinking that. Before seeing the film itself, I remember seeing a TV spot featuring that particular moment, and the bit where Jessie grabs Woody very roughly by his pull-string, and just kind of assumed that Jessie would be an antagonist, lol. When I saw the film, and those scenes in context, however, I twigged that she wasn’t.

I personally really like Jessie, she’s my favorite Toy Story character. But a few of my friends aren’t friends, and they say that they don’t like her because she’s too loud, peppy, and has an annoying voice.

hehe I am going to have to agree :slight_smile:

Jessie is deffinately on my top 5 list of favorite pixar characters ever.

She really reminds me of Dory from Finding Nemo in a weird way…she has those quarky energy full traits that make you love her.

She’s too adorable for me not to like her. :smiley:

It’s beyond me how anyone could resist the awesomeness that is Jessie!!! :smiley:

I didnt think she was amazing in toy story 2, I didnt not like her either, but I after seeing 3, I grew to like has more. she seemed less annoying in this one and more of just one of andys toys.

I have loved Jessie ever since Toy Story 2 came out. I thought she was funny and cute, and I felt bad for her because of her sad back story. She has always been my favorite character in the Toy Story movies. I did think she was a bit annoying in TS2, but after seeing Toy Story 3 I think in that movie she is not annoying at all. :slight_smile:

I LOVE Jessie she the big reason why I saw Toy Story 2 ^.^ Now shes in toy story 3 I want to see it even more !! I own her…as in I have the Toy Story Collection Jessie doll :smiley: …By the way she did not replace Bo Peep a lot of people say that Barbie replaced Bo peep…They wanted barbie in the first one but they said no so they but in Bo Peep in to replace barbie…That is why in toy story 2 Bo peep isn’t realy a big part of the story…

Welcome to Pixar Planet!
By the way, I LOVE your icon and banner!

thank you ^.6 I’m having too much fun on this website I post and reply 15 times every 30 munites? lol

Exactly my thoughts. After TS2, she kinda pissed me off, and came off as really annoying since she spent a lot of the movie making fun of Woody and complaining about boxes. But after I saw TS3, she really has started to grow on me. Like Billbarman said, and he put it perfectly, she blends in more, she’s like another one of the toys.

To be honest, I saw Jessie in TS2 as mainly a catalyst of the plot and a marketable female character (although I did sympathize with her and cry at the Sarah McLachlan song). Ouch, that’s harsh! No, not really, I didn’t dislike her, but she didn’t impress herself much upon me either.

It wasn’t until TS3 that I began to like her a whole bunch. She’s really climbed the charts and may even be my favorite character now. I wasn’t quite sure why at first, but I think one thing I love is seeing where she actually fits in with the rest of Andy’s toys (“the family”). It’s a whole new dynamic that wasn’t able to be explored in TS2.

I like how she is willing to make decisions and assert her position (often contra Woody), much more so than Buzz is. And these are the only three characters with any leadership power over the rest of the toys. It makes the dynamic much more interesting than if it were just Woody and Buzz "pal"ing around all the time.

I also like that Jessie is sort of a masculine personality who has no qualms about being made most feminine [spoil]in the very “gendered” Buzz-courtship scenes[/spoil]. Too much of the time these days, “statements” are made about gender identities being this way or that way, but Jessie is comfortably alternately masculine and feminine in a very natural way. She’s just quietly who she is, I think. (“Quietly” in a metaphorical sense, all you yodel-detractors!) It’s rare in my experience to see a female character (especially one of the romantic leads :wink:) just laying out her personality without some kind of artificiality or angst about it.

So yeah, this post turned into my defense of Jessie, I guess. :slight_smile:

She is certainly not the most likeable character in my opinion anyway, but I believe that her role in the story as a whole fits in very well with both Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.

She seems to have a really varied ‘hot and cold’ personality. At times she is really kind, outgoing and full of energy (like when she first meets Woody) but when things don’t go the way she wants them to go, she turns bitter and very cold to others. She often seems to think of herself at times despite Woody having an owner, like when she wouldn’t take no for an answer when Woody initially refused to go to Japan. By the end of the film, we do realise that she was only trying to protect Woody from being thrown away from Andy, as it is showed that Jessie was thrown out by her owner Emily all those long years ago. She really couldn’t bare knowing another toy going through what she went through.

I used to like Jessie but about a year ago when watching Toy Story 2 she started to piss me off. Her backstory wasn’t sad at all btw. After seeing Toy Story 3 I started to like her again and she proved to be a great character.

P.S. Jessie doesn’t have leadership over the other toys. Only Woody and Buzz do.

Sure she does. [spoil]The Sunnyside box? Putting her foot down about staying at Sunnyside in the face of Woody’s decision to leave? (Buzz wouldn’t have had the guts to stand up like that to Woody, in my opinion.) Later, I take her apology (and Potato Head’s snark about it) to mean that she was really at the forefront of that decision, even if it’s what all the rest of the toys kinda wanted to do.[/spoil][/spoil]

The only time I haven’t liked Jessie is in TS3 when [spoil]They make it into Andy’s garage and she’s whining that “It’s Emily all over again!”. She’s lucky to have found herself with a new owner in the first place after simply being outgrown before, not like Emily or Andy mistreated her in anyway (except for her thinking Andy tried to throw her out, but still)[/spoil]