Anyone here dislike Jessie?

When I first met Jessie, I was really thrown off by her Genki-ness and high grade excitability. To me, she seemed too much like an overly enthusiastic, peppy cheerleader. But as soon as I saw Jessie’s song and learned her tragic backstory I learned to respect her character and become less annoyed with her. While she certainly isn’t my favorite Pixar or Toy Story character, I do believe she is an awesome addition to the Toy Story cast.

However, I really really loathe how people keep trying to ship Woody and Jessie together. They’re more like siblings, not love interests. When have they ever shown to have any to have any romantic feelings for each other?!

Never had, never will. That’s what Buzz is for. :slight_smile:

I really have no clue either. I’ve always chalked it up to the fact that Woody and Jessie spent most of the second film together, and people always seem to pick up on these ‘romantic vibes’ when two characters of opposite genders spend a large amount of time together. :confused: Not bashing anyone who supports the couple, but I personally don’t see it.

On the topic of the ‘disliking Jessie’ thing, I watched Toy Story 2 with my grandmother the other day. She’s never seen the second one before, and since she’s going to be taking me to the IMAX theater to see TS3, I figured I should show her the second. My grandma got pretty annoyed at Jessie when she started being all bitter towards Woody, but after the 'When Somebody Loved Me," part, she completely understood and felt bad for her. Perhaps that’s what Pixar was going for?

I agree, Woody and Jessie together makes me nauseous. I really like her with Buzz; I think the irony’s cute.

“Well aren’t you the sweetest space toy I’ve ever met!”

I really like her! JesseXBuzz forever!

Yeah, I’m a hopeless romantic. XD

Anyway, though she is a bit loud, I found her pretty darn cute.

“Excuse me, ma’am, I just wanted you to know I think you’re a bright young woman with a beautiful yarn full of hair…a hair full of yarn…I must go…”

^^ Ah, animated couples…the only thing that makes me a squealy little fangirl again.

Yes, I think it was their intention. We were probably meant to feel somewhat opposed to the Roundup Gang at first because they wanted to keep Woody from going home, even though they were clearly nice (except of course for Stinky Pete who we found out later was putting on an act) and we can understand why they wanted Woody to stay with them which we almost think is for a good reason. Jessie was saying some hateful things about Andy all because Woody still had an owner so we’re sure meant to dislike her then, but when they get to “When She Loved Me” that’s when we really start to care about her and know why she feels that way. That song added a lot of depth to her than I’ve seen in Bo Peep, and I like Bo Peep.

One thing I do dislike now that I can think of is that part where she says “Everyone knows your name, Woo-DEE!!!” cause she has this really creepy look on her face when she says it.

Yes, I remember thinking that. Before seeing the film itself, I remember seeing a TV spot featuring that particular moment, and the bit where Jessie grabs Woody very roughly by his pull-string, and just kind of assumed that Jessie would be an antagonist, lol. When I saw the film, and those scenes in context, however, I twigged that she wasn’t.

I personally really like Jessie, she’s my favorite Toy Story character. But a few of my friends aren’t friends, and they say that they don’t like her because she’s too loud, peppy, and has an annoying voice.

hehe I am going to have to agree :slight_smile:

Jessie is deffinately on my top 5 list of favorite pixar characters ever.

She really reminds me of Dory from Finding Nemo in a weird way…she has those quarky energy full traits that make you love her.

She’s too adorable for me not to like her. :smiley:

It’s beyond me how anyone could resist the awesomeness that is Jessie!!! :smiley:

I didnt think she was amazing in toy story 2, I didnt not like her either, but I after seeing 3, I grew to like has more. she seemed less annoying in this one and more of just one of andys toys.

I have loved Jessie ever since Toy Story 2 came out. I thought she was funny and cute, and I felt bad for her because of her sad back story. She has always been my favorite character in the Toy Story movies. I did think she was a bit annoying in TS2, but after seeing Toy Story 3 I think in that movie she is not annoying at all. :slight_smile:

I LOVE Jessie she the big reason why I saw Toy Story 2 ^.^ Now shes in toy story 3 I want to see it even more !! I own her…as in I have the Toy Story Collection Jessie doll :smiley: …By the way she did not replace Bo Peep a lot of people say that Barbie replaced Bo peep…They wanted barbie in the first one but they said no so they but in Bo Peep in to replace barbie…That is why in toy story 2 Bo peep isn’t realy a big part of the story…

Welcome to Pixar Planet!
By the way, I LOVE your icon and banner!

thank you ^.6 I’m having too much fun on this website I post and reply 15 times every 30 munites? lol

Exactly my thoughts. After TS2, she kinda pissed me off, and came off as really annoying since she spent a lot of the movie making fun of Woody and complaining about boxes. But after I saw TS3, she really has started to grow on me. Like Billbarman said, and he put it perfectly, she blends in more, she’s like another one of the toys.