Are there any Disney movies that should be remade?

I often think about how interesting it’d be if Disney went with the original ending of The Little Mermaid. Hm. Probably too soul-crushing for most kiddies, though.

I think that too. I also think about how in the original Rapunzel, Mother Gothel finds out about the Prince becaue Rapunzel shows signs of pregnancy. And how in the ending of Cinderella, the evil step sisters have their eyes torn out by crows or something like that.

However, they would be interesting as Twilightesque spin offs by Universal. :unamused: rolls eyes and gets angry at Snow White remake

Yeah, a bit angry about that…Peter Pan, too, but at least it’s not coming out of Disney.

Yes. I always hate remakes of Disney movies, regardless of the source. Even if the new SN movie is irrelated to the original, I still hate anything with Kristin Stewart in it.

Yeah, she’s not the most fantastic of ‘actresses’.

Totally agree. To really act, you must show emotion, which seems to be what she avoids at all costs.

EXACTLY! That’s exactly how I feel about her!

She’s a pretty person, but a poor actress.

Yes. And her voice creeps me out for some reason.

Even pixar isn’t immune to editing old films though, Knick-Knack anyone?

Well, but editing is not quite remaking. And they had a good reason for that change.

It had something to do with John Lasseter having a family at the time, right?

Wait, what did they edit? If it’s bad, you can put it in spoilers, but I must know!

The bikini girl and the mermaid were… curvier on the original version.

Ah, okay. :open_mouth:

Here’s the comparison:

Really inoffensive, really, but I understand their concern.

As I stated before, I don’t want any remakes.

However, I like how they added deleted songs to Beauty and the Beast (Human Again) and Pocahontas (If I never Knew You) to the DVD releases.

^ They did with the Lion King, too.

Spirit: The first cap made me lol! Thanks for the pics. Like you said, I think it was fine, but it’s obvious why they changed it.

The whole short in its original, unedited form is available on YouTube, for those who…want to see more. (gosh, that came out wrong)