Art and Updates - News Central

Pixar.rocks - My thoughts exactly, dude. I felt the same way. I am that character.

– Mitch

Another thing if i acheive my goal someday, i will be 100% like Remy !

a cook?

No.

Yep,you can say that again. It felt incredibly different when you were gone. And it was for a month, and I thought maybe school has litteraly consumed you.

Pixar.rocks and WALL-E - Let’s try to keep things on-topic here, guys. :wink:

The Star Swordsman - Ha-ha. Yeah, it was hectic. Life consumed me at the time, but I’ve made a promise to monitor the boards at least once a week, if possible.

– Mitch

Once a week is a good commitment. I would perfer every day, but if you are that busy, then once a week is fine.

October 4, 2008 -

• I honestly don’t know how I’m going to effectively deal with the situation my family and I are in for the next few weeks. I don’t know what to do. I just don’t know what to do…

I see things, I taste things, but they don’t reveal themselves to me fully, and they don’t bring that sensation of pleasure like they should. I’m utterly at a loss for words, and I don’t know how to say, “I’m sorry” other than to say, “I’m sorry”.

On another note, I would like to tell everyone that I am sticking to the promise I kept in that I log onto the Pixar Planet forum boards once a week. I kept this promise last week too, even though no one probably knew about it.

I’m terribly sorry for the delay in activity and moderation on my part, everyone. I really am… terribly sorry. I just… don’t know what to do right now. shakes head I’m so sorry…

Current Position (in Life):

To explain: Uncertainty prevails…

Disclaimer: The above screenshot was obtained from this website: Screencap Heaven

– Mitch

Well, I’m just glad you are posting again, Mitch. At least that shows you’re still alright. :laughing: But, hope things get better with you, though everyone here will be by your side till you’re… feeling better. :wink:

Mitch - I just made a post in the life lessons thread. The first item in that post may or may not be applicable to your situation (but I don’t think you’re having problems in school, you said you were doing well in that realm). In any case, hang in there for the next few weeks!

I hope whatever you and your family are going through right now, Mitch, that it all works out well in the end. And it’s good to hear from you again.

Well Mitch, it is nice to hear from ya again. You’ll get through it. I know so. We miss ya.

Firstly, Mitch, don’t be sorry - you have nothing to be sorry for… I hope you and your family get through this tough time. If you want to talk about it or need any support you can contact me here or on Skype if I’m online. hugs

Bienvenue!

Ah, oui. Welcome. Welcome to another… explanatory journal. It’s becoming something of a series now, isn’t it? Yes, yes. Well, on to zhe explanations!

Since I am limited on time, as it where, I’m simply going to paste a few paragraphs from my latest deviantArt journal entry onto here. Behold, le revelations:

As many of you have probably guessed, I’ve been quite busy over the past few months. Waters have risen up, barriers have fallen down, and the excitement continues to grow. I wasn’t exactly sure what to make of life for weeks on end, which is why I never bothered to whip up a decent entry to submit for a great while. Now, however, I feel more composed, various situations in life have been sorted out and are currently being arranged, and I’ve become more ambitious on the whole. Basically, I’m happy to return to reality after such a long hiatus.

~ LE LIFE ~

Let’s be straightforward here. I was messed up, not physically, but mentally. My family is currently going through something of a financial crisis, and we’re still in the dark as to what the future will hold; hopefully, the middle of November will reveal secrets that have not yet been unveiled. In the meantime, we’ve been battling one roadblock after another… and are ultimately passing through the eye of the storm tattered and worn, but not defeated. The experience is a bit scathing but, thankfully, this battle is one that we’ll win.

Both of my parents are now working. My dad has a full-time job, and mom just recently obtained a position as a clean-up artist on a Disney project, so we’re not complaining. I, on the other hand, have been hunting for a decent job for months. I did find something, of course, but quit the gig after just three days of pain-staking, back-breaking work, so now I’m jobless. Fortunately, it looks as if I’ll soon be working at a local famer’s market in my area (and possibly at a cinema, as well), so hallelujah to that.There’s no way I’m going to be left out in the dust this time around. No way!

~ LE ART ~

Procrastination aside, I’ve suddenly become extremely ambitious where art is concerned. Yes, I still hate my art style as much as ever, but my mom and I had a bit of a talk (one of many, I can assure you) and she suggested that I be given assignments, since I’m not self-motivated at all. (It’s not that I’m against it; it’s just that I can’t… seem to push myself forward.) Well, I’m a bit happier. I’m a lot happier, actually. Now that I’ll be given a sort of a personal syllabus I’ll be spurred on to actually draw what I should be drawing. As for the ambitious side of all this, well, I’m attempting to find ways to improve my skills…

First of all, I was searching, hunting, and digging for various art universities – conversing with some and comparing others – that would suit my liking until finally settling on this one:

Academy of Art University - academyart.edu/

This particular institution, which happens to be an accredited and highly reputable school, not only teaches students the fundamentals of such professions as traditional animation, computer animation, film, photography, theater, and more, but is also situated right in the heart of San Francisco. Think about it! I would receive the training I require, graduate within a decent amount of time, and would be based just a few blocks away from Pixar Animation Studios! (In addition, my dad used to teach at this place. Perhaps he has connections…? Heh. I’m almost sure of it.)
I took to investigating the academy almost immediately, and inquired of their financial benefits, programs, and the like. Upon request, I also received a DVD and pamphlets highlighting the aforementioned school (the Academy of Art University). It seems like a marvelous place to get one’s training from, so I’m all for the idea. The only main problem with attending that university would be the living and tuition expenses, but I’m working on that.
Should I end up going there, my goal would be to graduate with a BFA degree (Bachelor of Fine Arts degree) and then make my way into the animation industry from there. Hopefully, things will work out. I’ll keep you guys updated, and we’ll see what happens!

Secondly, and last of all, I did the unthinkable: I applied for a job at Pixar Animation Studios. Yeah, well, they’re currently on the hunt for a “Cafe Host/Cashier”, so I thought, “What the heck?”. I now, of course, partially regret my decision, as I wish I could have had more credit to my resume. Nevertheless, I did mention that I’m a moderator of Pixar Planet, sooo…
I’m prepared, despite the looming consequences, if any consequences arise at all on account of my rash decision. I browsed the “Craig’s List” website for any rooms that are being rented out in the Emeryville area (which is where Pixar is based), and I found quite a few suitable (and affordable) residences. I’m also doing my best to land a job that will help me to flex my cashier skills, so if Pixar does hire me then I’ll be more of an asset to the company.

In other news, my rat, Kirby, passed away on November 5th, 2008, around 9:50 AM. Lately, I’ve been trying not to think about him, as every time I do my eyes well up with tears. Normally I’m pretty cool in the face of death, but this passing rendered different results. You never realize how much you love something until it’s gone, and I really did love that fuzzball…

Ah well. I know that he’s in a better place, and I’ll certainly see him again in the future.

Well, there ya’ have it! Things have been tough, and my personality has changed for, I think, the worst (I’m going through adolescent growing pains at the moment and, quite frankly, they suck), but my family and I see a silver lining underneath those dark clouds…

Again, my apologies for the extended hiatus. I’m doing my best to organize my thoughts and complete daily tasks, but I won’t always be around, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I never intend to abandon this place. Even when I get a job at Pixar I’m gonna make sure that I visit Pixar Planet as often as I can. :wink:

Have a great day, everyone, and thank you all very much for the sympathetic comments! I still don’t think that I deserve them, but I certainly appreciate them. :smiley:

– Mitch

Hey Mitch, welcome back! Hang tight in there okay? I know life is kinda hard for you right now, but I am confident that you’ll pull through it. I am really hopeful that you get hired at Pixar. Only time will tell. Good luck. And great to have ya back.

The Star Swordsman - Thank you very much, dude! It’s great to talk to you again. :smiley:

Yep, I’ll definitely hang in there and do my best to help my family pull through this crisis. We’ll make it, eventually.

Thanks, again! I hope I get hired, too.

– Mitch

Welcome back, Mitch! Man, it’s been a while. It’s great to have you posting again. I understand that you’re under quite some pressure with a lot going on in your life, but I’m sure you’ll manage it and get through it fine.

Sorry to hear about your rat, Kirby. I feel your pain- call me sensitive, but I cried nearly a day- two days over the loss of my hamster that I didn’t get to hold easily in bare hands while she was alive, even though the people around me barely cared. But now, just think about it- now he’s in rat paradise, and once you see him again, I bet you can communicate with each other directly. :wink:

Oh, and about you applying for a job at Pixar Animation Studios: Wow, that’s extraordinary news! I sure hope you get hired. It’d be an amazing oppurtunity. It’s so cool to hear that.

It surely is. Maybe we could see one of your films in the future, huh, gal? :smiley: It’s all cool now now that you’re back. Glad to see you again and, I wouldn’t really worry about it if I was you. It’s apparent that many here likes you, and some of them might just be around the neighborhood and be available to aid you in any manner. Of course, not suggesting an advantage taking scheme, just reminding you that you have friends that are ready to help you. :wink:

Again, welcome back, Mitch, hope to see you again. :sunglasses:
~ WBoon

Nice to see you back on the boards again, Mitch. :smiley:

I’m sorry to hear about the tough time your family is going through right now. But at least, whatever happens, you’ve all got each other, and that’s the most important thing. I hope things start taking a positive direction for you and your family soon.

The assignments thing sounds like a really good idea! I’m sure it will give you the motivation to create some more of that beautiful art of yours. The Academy of Art University looks wonderful, just what you need, and right in the middle of San Francisco! Perfect! Sounds like the perfect place to hone your skills and get some impressive qualifications. And as for applying for a job at Pixar Animation Studios, everyone starts somewhere, and it’d be a great way to get yourself known at Pixar.

Sorry to hear about Kirby. I hate it when pets pass away, it’s so difficult to deal with. But as bright dot-dasher said, at least now he’s in rat paradise! Bet he’s having a whale of a time.

bright dot-dasher - Thank you very much! And yep, I’ll get through it.

Oh no, I don’t think that it’s too sensitive at all – more like heartfelt, really. A pet becomes like your family member, so it’s only natural to miss any of them when they pass away. You’re right, though: I’m sure he’s having a blast. (heheh) Thanks for the sentiments. :wink:

Thanks! I hope that I acquire the job, as well.

WBoon - Ha-ha! Well, since I’d only be working as a Cafe Host/Cashier, I don’t think I’d have much of a chance of getting any screen credit, but it’s a start! :laughing:

Mmm. True, true. I’d heartily accept and appreciate any available assistance if it was given to me. My dad has connections with some of the studio’s personnel as well, so that’s advantageous.

Thank you very much!

lizardgirl - Thank you, dude!

You’re absolutely right. My family and I are very supportive of one another, so there’s no problem communication-wise.

Motivational, indeed. I’ll take any opportunity I can get to improve my artistic skills, and this art academy is exactly what I need, as is the Pixar job. If I can get into the system in one way or another, I should be set.

That’s perfectly all right. As you and bright dot-dasher have said, he’s probably having a heck of a grand time right now. He’s probably chewing everything in site, I imagine… (snigger)

Thanks, again! :wink:

– Mitch