Big Hero 6

blueskydisney.blogspot.co.uk/201 … ideas.html

I think it’s interesting that Disney is deciding to do this. This could be the first Disney animated film to my knowledge to garner a PG-13 rating see how this is a film based on a comic book.

I’m sure they could tone it down to lower the rating. But this does look interesting.

Whoa. I mean, I love Marvel films and Disney films, and if someone has a good idea, I guess it’ll work. I’m sure they can do the original material justice and create a great film. I’m just concerned about the presence of Marvel in Disney as a whole. I don’t want to see it replace original content. Though I suspect something like this would get one WDAS film and then continue indefinitely in direct-to-video sequels produced by DisneyToons.

I have no problem with Disney acquiring franchises, but I do worry about Marvel’s presence, especially because it’s SO popular at the moment. Bob Iger’s been talking about wanting to get the Marvel characters in the parks somehow, which would be okay in a Hollywood area, but not really anywhere else. Otherwise the parks would just feel like Six Flags. I’ve heard rumors that Imagineering is actually working on a Marvel-based theme park, which worries me more. I realize it’s much easier to create attractions from existing ideas than to come up with totally new ones, but really, the best rides are those that are totally original, like the Tiki Room or any of the Mountains.

I love Marvel! I just don’t want to see it replace new, original material.