Brave Switches Directors

YouAreAToy!!! - Don’t worry, I won’t call you a dirtbag (which you think people will call you), though you do have a very strange superstition. :stuck_out_tongue: I personally don’t think getting someone with a pair of ovaries will break their ‘lucky streak’, it is easy to confuse correlation with causation. Just because someone who wears Hawaiian shirts has directed a string of successful movies, doesn’t mean adopting the same fashion taste will lead you to the same results. :slight_smile: But I’m sure you didn’t mean to be sexist.

eje - I think it’s great how the workplace is becoming more diverse now. There are still a few invisible ‘glass ceilings’, but these are slowly being broken down as the world becomes more globalised. Change is inevitable, it’s only a matter of whether one is ready for it.

By the way, are you a non-white man? :stuck_out_tongue:

No im not white im Hispanic why are alot of non-white people you know sexist?

He was joking with ellie-jessie-eve. The joke is that she’s a girl.

LOL! I wish! jk, no I like being a chick

YouAreAToy!!!: Really, you’re hispanic? I brought it up because there’s a thread here about everyone’s heritage. And I was the closest thing to hispanic, because I’m part Mexican. Glad that I’m not alone! It’s great that’ we’re getting more diversity here as well.

Yeah i am puerto rican and dominican i speak english as my first language tho altho i am bilingual.

eje: Are you like a United Nations ambassador or something (I read in the ‘MAD’ thread that you’re also part Italian)? :stuck_out_tongue: Haha, sorry I gotta lay off the ribbing.

YouAreAToy!!!: Haha as IV said, I wasn’t asking you, but it’s nice to know your heritage. :slight_smile: I want to go to South America one day, it’s the only continent my family hasn’t been yet besides Antarctica.

LOL no problem! My dad is of full blooded German ancestry, and my mom has many different nationalities. So my dad calls my mom and I “Mutts” (in a joking way). I’m half German and a quarter French. The rest of me is Italian, Irish, Mexican, Native American…haha. :slight_smile:

dang EJV you have alot of diffrent races in you thats pretty dang cool :slight_smile:

I’m 100% Dutch. Yes.

And PROUD! :smiley:

ok fellas lets get back on topic if we want to talk about race and stuff lets go to the thread about race we dont wanna get this one closed :slight_smile:

Last name’s dead giveaway!

It’s okay to talk about race so long as one doesn’t get racist. :slight_smile:

But yes, I think we should move back on-topic. Sorry for the deviation. :slight_smile:

What? But I thought she was still working at Pixar. :S Now I’m confused.

That makes me very sad. :frowning:

I just really want to know if she actually left or not. At this point I’m starting to get really annoyed at the lack of information we have regarding this subject, not to mention Brave has been the only Pixar film that I’ve been looking forward to since the first day that it was announced. It’s already disappointing enough that Chapman won’t be directing anymore, but the fact that we’ve heared absolutely NOTHING regarding her status at Pixar is frustrating to me even more. :\

Yes i agree. I mean i wish they would just tell us Something about it! I mean we’re just going to asume its something big and bad till they do. -3- I just want to know the whole situation that went down. I don’t hate Pixar for doing away with her but i would like to know why the disition was made or if it was her choice to leave or SOMETHING :shake:

[quote=“khstar”]
Yes i agree. I mean i wish they would just tell us Something about it! I mean we’re just going to asume its something big and bad till they do.

[quote]

It would be great for them to tell us, but I get this bad feeling that we’ll never ever know.

Most likely she is leaving, and they are just negotiating the terms. She’ll probably sign a non-disclosure agreement (meaning she will never ever talk publicly about what happened, so we will never know how she got booted officially), and she’ll get paid lots of money, then she’ll move on to another studio soon.

If she is leaving Pixar, does anyone think she’ll go back to DreamWorks? It was where she directed her first film (and if she’s leaving Pixar I doubt she’d return to Disney).

darn, I was so disappointed when she was removed as director, but her still working at the studio softened the blow. There goes my dream of Brenda directing her own fairytale…

Now I feel really cruddy inside. :frowning:

(I love woody’s avatar!! Jasmine’s awesome)