bright dot-dasher's Art Island

EVE looks sweet, bright dot-dasher! She looks pretty angry going by the expression on her face. :laughing: Are those flowers on the ‘v’ of ‘Vegetation’? That’s a clever idea! And I too like the idea of Kari and Violet becoming friends- it’s not something I’d thought of. The look on Kari’s face is definitely one of shock and it’s nice that Vi’s sharing this secret of hers with Kari. Kari’s legs look a little flat at the bottom, but aside from that this is a lovely sketch, all nice and in proportion! :smiley:

That’s really awesome, BDD :slight_smile: ! The EVE drawing is very creative. And I love the use of the quote from The Princess Diaries in the Violet and Kari pic :slight_smile: . I could totally picture Violet and Kari being friends and going to the same school. That’s probably how Violet got her to baby-sit for Jack-Jack. But I don’t know if Kari would remember the whole incident with Jack-Jack after the “mind-wipe” or what ever you call it. But it could happen. I also like how you drew Violets pants for some reason. I don’t know, but they look so comfortable.

Great work :smiley: !!!

Thanks, TSS, TDIT, lizardgirl and Violet Parr! :smiley: Sorry it’s been a while since I replied/updated.

In fact, it’s been a long time since I updated this thread.

This is for Haunt’s latest Art Jam. The topic was 2D characters meet 3D characters. I think there should be more participants in it!

I’m not entirely satisfied with this but I think I should leave it alone now because it took many tries to get the characters like that and I don’t want to do it over now.

Ok, I actually did this one months ago, but I kept forgetting to upload it! EVE’s head looks to big, I know, but oh well, it’s too late to change that now. “Let me be your wings” was a line from a song in the animated film Thumbelina. It’s a sweet, charming song, even if the movie is more for little girls. What also inspired me was being reminded of the A Whole New World sequence from Aladdin.

Sorry there’s not more, I’ve been pretty busy lately.

It’s great to see some more artwork from you, bright dot-dasher! I’ve commented on your first piece in the other thread, and I love the second one that you’ve posted! It’s so sweet, and WALL-E looks so happy. The detailing in the background is really good, too.

Great drawings there, BDD! Some constructive compliments and criticisms:

Nice tagline from Dug. You drew Lilo and Stitch pretty well, but Dug and Russell could do with some improvement, like with their proportions (Dug looks too big, for example). Also, since this is a tug-of-war, it would help if your characters leaned further back and braced themselves, i.e. their pose doesn’t look ‘right’. Good that you’re aware of your shortcomings, and even if you don’t reattempt this piece, at least you know what to improve in case you redraw the characters again.

Now the Wall-E one, I liked better. I think Eve looks okay, her head is as big as her shoulders, and that’s what makes her look ‘cute’. Wall-E’s arms could do with some detailing, and he’s missing the logo on his chest, but otherwise, he looks good! I like the tagline, the background is cheerful and sweet, what with the rolling clouds, hearts and shooting stars.

Well, besides the things I mentioned you could improve on, I liked the sweet nature of your work, and they brought a smile to my face, so keep on doodlin’! :slight_smile: