Bud Luckey directing a future film?

This is from Wikipedia, so it may not be true:

How 'bout it? Good plan or no?

I love to see Mr. Luckey get his own film :slight_smile: also, Boundinā€™ is one of my favorites! So to see a movie like that, would be really cool :smiley:

Iā€™d love to see Bud Luckey direct a Pixar feature if it can make up for the disappointment of Gary Rydstromā€™s Newt.

Anything to break the sequel streak.

Oohā€¦ a Western! I always admire Pixar for their courage in trying out new things. The last time we had an animated Western wasā€¦ oh, Home on the Range? Hopefully Pixar can do better (Iā€™m a fan of Bud, and having done Boundinā€™, I have total confidence if thereā€™s anyone that can pull this off, itā€™s him). :slight_smile:

Bud retired in 2006-2008, so itā€™s not true. It would be cool, though.

So what about 2009-2010? Wait, you mean he retired around that time, is it? My bad. Uhā€¦ as Sean Connery would say, ā€œNever say never?ā€ :smiley:

Bud hasnā€™t retired. Heā€™s being credited as a storyboard artist on TS3.

I just did a quick Google search, this is where I found out:

pixarblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/a ā€¦ -with.html

Hmm, I guess IMDb isnā€™t always right.

Thatā€™s a shame heā€™s retired now, I would have loved to have seen a movie from him, especially as I think Boundinā€™ is an absolute masterpiece. I could watch that short for hours on end.

I was gonna say, isnt he retired now? Still, it would have been interesting to see what he would have come up with.

This seems like a great concept. Too bad Bud has retiredā€¦ perhaps someone else will rehelm this idea.

I donā€™t think Pixar is planning to release a western/cowboy film anytime soon. Toy Story has a lot of elements of that genre (the Toy Story 3 opening alone is enough).

But maybe if they find a way of making this original and innovative, and they can always do that, it will be their next project.

It be interesting to see a Pixar western though. The genreā€™s kind of been dead a while. And if they made a really good one, youā€™d probably see other people making them to cash off of their success. Of course, then the whoe spaceman thing would crush it again. :slight_smile:

Laugh out loud at the TS reference!

Oh, and the genreā€™s enjoying a resurgence. Movies like 3:10 To Yuma, Appaloosa, and video games like Call of Juarez and Red Dead Redemption are prove thereā€™s still life in the Wild West.

Boundinā€™ is one of my favorite shorts!!! And I agree, there needs to be a sequal break. Donā€™t mind sequals, but I want to see some originals storys too! Iā€™m not going to get all into this one until itā€™s confirmed and well on itā€™s way, donā€™t want to get hooked onto another newtā€¦

Now that Bud Luckey has worked on Toy Story 3, is this movie possible again?

Sure, Iā€™d love to see Chuckles direct a feature.

Well, never believe in a Wikipedia claim when itā€™s made like that.

ā€œItā€™s widely rumoredā€ By whom? Weā€™re all Pixar fans and the only source that we know with this information is Wikipedia. So the rumor is not as wide after allā€¦

ā€œItā€™s plannedā€, ā€œitā€™s believedā€. All vague phrases that donā€™t even quote itā€™s source.

I would love that this was true. But, seriously, I doubt it.

I know one thing, Bud Luckey has one of the coolest names ever!