Can a toy rebel against his owner?

Yeah they kill him, so do you think this happends often in the toy story universe?

No. The toys are bound by strict, unspoken rules. I mean, in Sid’s case, it was neccessary (and Woody’s last hope). And though Sid would know the truth, only one person would be dismissed as just crazy. But who knows if it’s ever been done before.

Oh goodness, no!! :laughing:

Like Dinoco I’m gonna have to say the toy universe has a strict set of rules for what they can and cannot do, and I don’t think they’d be capable of killing their owner or anyone else for that matter. It would a sort of interesting (if not gruesome) fan fiction, though… :open_mouth:

Well, I don’t think a toy would actively seek revenge against its owner, as it knows that it must take whatever he/she does to it. Though, I wouldn’t regard the original Toy Story script as canon, in the final movie, it can be argued that Sid’s toys were helping him a little. Regardless of their owner, every toy has some sense of loyalty.

Oh dont worry, it doesnt have any blood or gore, its just about a new buzz lightyear action figure that doesnt wanna be play with

I really hate to be “That Guy” but Chucky is not a Toy. Chucky is a serial killer’s soul inside a Toy. And he’s pissed because he doesn’t want to be plastic.

Pretty interesting concept. Lotso[spoil] is pissed and all, but he doesn’t really seem to be mad at Daisy, like to seek revenge against her. More like just being pissed of at everyone else. Not really at his Owner.[/spoil]

About a Buzz that doesn’t want to be a Toy, or played wtih is a really interesting concept. Toy Story is about the friendship between a Kid and his favoriteToy, and the loyalty of the toy to “Be There” for him. Turning that on it’s head is pretty neat. Woody is very motivated by his want to be there for Andy, willng to be straped to a rocket if it means a cooler toy takes his place, but what would motivate a Toy that doesn’t want to be?[/spoil]

I could see that, though I doubt it would happen often.
Toys are like dogs: they attack the world, not the person that abused them.

Well, that really only applies to Lotso in that case. Though he secretly did want to be reunited with Daisy, he was too blinded with anger to take a chance. The mutant toys simply hid and waited to outgrow Sid together. They banded together out of sympathy, as opposed to anger.

^That’s true, but I meant as a genral rule we can apply to a non-existant world. I’m not good at movie logic. Sorry XD

Very true. But they are all still motivated by an Owner. Nice catch with the Mutant Toys, I’ve never really thought of it that way.

EDIT: Just realized. Pretty funny how Woody and Buzz dread the day that Andy outgrows them, and the Mutant Toys patiently wait for Sid to outgrow them.

^Yes, just shows us how special Andy is. :smiley:

You can find my fanfiction here on pixarplanet on the fandom section

WE RE ALL TOYS

If you read it, leave reviews please XD

Back on topic, heres an interesting quote from lotso:

“We dont need owners at sunnyside, we control ourselves”

So take for example the mutant toys, they dint care that they would scare sid for life, it could be said that they hate him, and in the end they take revenge, but only scaring him, so lets take this example:

A little girl breaks her barbie and makes ken mad, barbie is ken true love, who he loves most, so that obviusly makes him mad we have 2 options

1- Ken forgetts it

2- Ken tries to take revenge on the girl

They are all interesting option that were not explored in the toy story universe,mostly because its a movie for kids.

Well, I’m a teen( :unamused: ), and toy mortom would still freak me out. :open_mouth:

In ts1 buzz was depressed when he discovered that he was a toy and not a space ranger, Woody had to help him understand that it was great to be a toy, but what happends when theres no one there to help him? Does buzz go crazy?

What can motivate a toy that doesnt want to be are other goals aside from getting play with, what if that toy dreams to travel?What if that toy wants to be s real space ranger? could he grow revengeful on humans?

I’m lead to belief that being playing with and serving their owner is like a need for a toy once they experience it. But they also have a strict duty to not expose their secret lives as well.

Also, it a Buzz Lightyear who still thinks he’s a space ranger and doesn’t like humans couldn’t get very far. Since he wouldn’t know he’s a toy, he wouldn’t know to control when he freezes or not, so he could never be alive in the presence of a human anyways.

Yeah, the owner does play a large part. Especially when they don’t have one. Stinky Pete was never truly acting out of hatred, but had never been played with, so he could’ve sympathize with Woody or Jessie. Lotso is similar. He had been seperated from Daisy, and he was trying to forget about that completely, and prove to himself and his followers that he could manage without an owner.

Well in my fanfic, its a new buzz that was suposed to be an AI (Artificial intelegence) and was supossed to be able to talk with his owner in coherent conversations, he has a chip that allow him to portray emotions while in toy mode, however when he uses the same chip while hes alive things dont go pretty well…

Also, acording to the toy story universe toys can fall in love, so once they do, who do they care for most, the owner or the other toy?

Hmm, sounds like Small Soldiers to me.

Yeah i was thinking in small soldiers while writing it, but the soldiers from small soldiers are doing EXACTLY what they were made for, and this new buzz is mad because he doesnt want to be a toy, so hes not doing what he was made for

Sounds cool. I gues technology could be a big loophole in this Buzz’s design. With a toy that’s never really dormant, the possibilities could be endless.

Really, would you like to read it :question: its in the fandom section