C'est Magnifique...

I probably won’t get the chance to see it in theaters too many times (I’m aiming for around 5), but yes, I can wait to bring home the dvd. Pop it in. And marvel for the eight time at Pixar’s brilliance! :smiley:

Sorry - but that just cracked me up right there. :laughing:

I heard some woman saw Titanic 40 times at the theatre, are you trying to break that record?

40 times?! Wow that’s alot. :open_mouth: 40*2 hour movie=80 hrs=almost 4 days inside a theater. Heheh, that’s pretty awesome! Lol. :laughing:

Mitch - Only after the fourteenth viewing? I’m not surprised. You are just so funny. :laughing:

Mitch - Fourteen?! :open_mouth: I’m probably going to see it only three or four times, at the most, unfortunately… :frowning:

and Titanic was a 3 hour movie which equates to 120 hrs. A full FIVE days! :open_mouth:

I like to think of it in terms of $8.00 per movie at the time

8 x 40 = $320 !!!

Even sadder is the fact that I cracked up reading your statement… :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I should write a book or something: “The Insanity of Mitch…and How She Handles It”. (laughs)

Forty times? My gosh, that’s a handful of viewings! It’s a pitiful score when compared to the number of times my dad saw Star Wars: A New Hope in theaters, though, which just so happens to be 100+. And I thought I was obsessed… (snigger)

As for the whole “record” business: I repeat, I shall watch this particular film – Ratatouille – as many times as my heart can take it, which shall, no doubt, be an infinite number of times. This is one of those rare instances where I don’t intend to break any record of any kind as far as theater/film viewings goes. :wink:

I think I will assume that you will try to do what me and morst die hard movie fans do Mitch. Watch it about an average of once a day? :laughing:

More like…keeping Ratatouille alive for ages heh.

You can say that too.

The Star Swordsman - Haha! You know what? I was doing that for a time: Watching the film every day on a regular basis. Heck, I even saw it twice in one day once… However, I have to admit that the excitement tends to wear off if I see it too much, as does the change in my wallet. I usually view the film two to three times a week at the most, and even that is pretty ridiculous as far as production attendance goes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, dude, I’m really touched by your emotions towards this movie. Was your enjoyment enhanced because you’re a rat lover, BTW? (Note I’m not saying that you liked it only because you’re a rat person - I hate rats with a passion and I ADORED Ratatouille. ) But what I mean is, I just wanted to hug Remy and love him to death and I don’t even like rats - I can imagine what it would be like for me if Remy was, say, a cat, and I adore everything in the world about cats. For me, what did it was Paris - because I lived there for three months and I love Paris. There’s something about seeing something that you love, presented in a soft-focus kind of way that makes people love it too.

But that said, I understand what you mean about the inspiration and life-altering potential of the scene where Remy lies on the - is it the rooftop or one of Paris’ many bridges? - all night watching the sun come up, where he refuses to come home with Alfredo OR Django that one night, but just wants to be alone to savour his triumph, and O’Toole’s magnificent monologue is heard accompanying each person’s thoughts… Ego breaks my heart more than anyone in the movie, really, especially with that Remembrance of Things Past scene so magnificently spotted by Archibald, and I agree with whoever said that if there was a possibility that an animated feature could get Best Supporting Actor, Sir Peter would just get it hands down. I’m past the age where I think that miracles are possible, for me at least - at 35, I imagine I’m older than most anyone on this board - but it was wonderful to see how this movie inspired you.

Thank you for sharing this inspiration with us!

And on another note,

To me, that’s so amazing! luigiandguidofanatic, I bet you will succeed with that attitude! Go for it, girl!

putmoneyinthypurse - First of all, thank you for reading that long review of mine. Eheh. I truely didn’t know exactly what I was writing at the time, in a sense – it just came from the heart…

As a matter of fact, my love for rats did enhance the viewing experience. (Like you previously stated, I don’t simply love the film for the sole fact that rats are involved, although I must say that it was an added bonus. Eheh.) I have owned rats for years and years and love them to the bone, so it comes as no surprise that I was absolutely ecstatic when I heard, via my mom, that Ratatouille was the next Pixar feature film in production. I even remember mentioning to my sister, as we were watching either Monsters, Inc. or Finding Nemo, something along these lines: “You know, Pixar is so good at making movies, so why don’t they make a rat movie??” I never did think that it would happen, but alas!, it did, and the end result has changed my life…

But yeah. I love it, I love it, and I adore it… It is beatific, engaging, and heart-warming, and I will treasure it 'til the end of my days and even beyond that…

Thanks for reading! :wink:

– Mitch

Very well said Mitch.
I know everyone has a favorite scene in this movie… for what it’s worth mine only lasts at most just two seconds, but is so powerful, and no matter how many times I see the movie, I’m awed by it on both an emotional level, as well as a techinical level, how they got it just right: [spoil]Collete is on her scooter, crying after having left Linguini with everyone else. With tears in her eyes, she suddenly has to brake – and then notices in the window of a bookshop the “Anyone Can Cook” book. It’s the very next shot lasting only perhaps two seconds – the closeup of her face as she sees this book and realizes the meaning of it. That one close-up is incredible. I can’t believe how perfect they got her face and the way it cuts right to you.[/spoil] Amazing.

Oh YES, Miafka! Someone on here wrote a French review where they said that Pixar’s animators are “actors of drawing” or something like that, and they are. [spoil]That moment of realization, her eyes widening, and you can SEE the realization hitting [/spoil]her right there, the understanding dawning through her disbelief. You are right, it is a pivotal moment in the movie,and so amazing.

miafka - First of all, thank you very much!

Secondly, I completely agree with your afore-mentioned statement concerning that particular moment in the film staring Colette. It’s such a subtle, yet powerful, sequence that it really does capture your attention and make you think. I remember feeling almost exactly the same emotion(s) as Colette when I first saw the film; I finally understood the meaning of that integral phrase… 'Tis such an emotional innuendo it is, and that’s a near understatement.

I also love this moment in the film:

[spoil]After confessing his secret to the rest of his fellow coworkers, Linguini expectantly awaits the reaction of Colette and the others. Instead of accepting the fact that a rat can concoct delicious masterpieces, almost all of the chefs depart from the kitchen in a flourish; all, that is, except for Colette… A few steps towards Linguini does she take before raising her right hand in a threatening fashion, as if to strike her victim, and Linguini curls back instinctively. However, she can’t come to execute a blow upon her clumsy flame, and instead, with tears in her eyes and a tear in her heart, she quietly departs along with the others…[/spoil]

I just love how that was executed; it was also a very sublte reaction on Colette’s part, and yet it was as striking as a blow to the head. I love it…

I believe that it was member Kinoo who stated that down-to-earth, factual comment.

– Mitch

Oooh, I also love that part with Colette. I feel her. And that goes back to she and I being really similar, though you’d have to know me personally to see the similarity. :slight_smile:
sheila

Oh I remember that part, and I love that part. I think it was one of the most tear jerking moments of the whole movie. My GF was crying to that.