Character Discussion: Aliens

I know, I am looking too far in. Sorry! :blush: I know heā€™s fine in the end, I just wasnā€™t sure if it was clear that he was okay earlier on in the film. I take it you mean that he basically became like another one of the mutant toys, except not mutated. If all it meant was he became like a dog toy, then thatā€™s fine. I donā€™t know why Iā€™ve wondered about that so much. Well, thanks.

I seriously need to watch Toy Story again, for old timeā€™s sake! :smiley:

I always saw him become as a dog toy.

i feel sorry for the aliens. they always have a brush with death.

I read in pixarpedia that when Jeff Pidgeon voiced the Toy Story aliens, he had to use helium in order to make the voice sound squeaky.

Yeah, from Toy Story 2 on, Jeff Pidgeon voiced the three aliens. In the first Toy Story, various other Pixar crew members contributed to the aliens in the Crane Game.

And yes, that battered alien that Sid gave to Scud was pretty beat, but still alive. As we learn from Toy Story, it takes a lot to kill a toy; even the broken toys discarded in the mud were still able to come back. Though Combat Carl was indeed ā€œkilled.ā€ Itā€™s interesting that, like the other mustants, Sidā€™s alien no longer talked.

Apparently, even he survives. A badly injured Carl also crawls towards Sid in the end.

Sid had multiple Combat Carls, as seen in the various pieces used in his mutant toys. The two Combat Carls seen at the end were victims of earlier mutilations. Though we saw the first Combat Carl get blown to smithereens. While toys can survive without certain parts (like Buzz), there was no way Carl could walk away from that one.

Well, I always assume it was the same one since itā€™s missing the head, which is among the pieces we seen being blown.

But yes, it might very well be another one.