Character Discussion: Stinky Pete

He wasn’t evil he was just a kid who played extreamely hard with his toys.

For all the lengths he went to, I still think he’s evil. I mean, he has a makeshift workbench in his bedroom dedicated to torturing toys. In that deleted scene, we even saw him using his power tools.

But he did not know toys came to plife he was just breaking his property and jhn lasseter said himself on the 10 aniversirey that they did not want avillin just an antagonist.

Dinoco- I can’t see how Sid was evil, really. It’s not as if he knew the toys were alive or anything. He was just messing about with inanimate objects as far as he was aware. And as WoodBuzz101 said, Lasseter himself said they didn’t really want a villain for Toy Story, and I’m sure I recall reading or hearing something about some Pixarians being asked the question, ‘are you more like Andy or Sid?’ and they answered ‘Sid’. What Sid does, though strange, does show just how creative he is.

He’s nowhere near Pete on the ‘villain scale’ as such, anyway. Everything Stinky Pete did, he was aware of the consequences and was happy to do such things behind the other toys’ backs. I agree with Kyle though, that Pete doesn’t really come across as an anti-hero. He’s just perhaps more of a small-time villain who had very believable motivations (unlike a lot of exaggerated villains who seem to perform evil acts for no reason whatsoever). He certainly wasn’t being evil for the sake of being evil- everything he did was a means to an end, but unfortunately this was a very selfish end.