Chinese Zodiac: which year/element are you?

zodiac sign?

Chinese zodiac sign. One of the 12 animals of the chinese zodiac, a new animal for every new year.

Tiger
Snake
Roster
Sheep
Ram
Rat
Horse
Pig
Monkey
Dragon
Dog
Rabit

Well my sister is a dragon (and I’m a rabbit- or cat in the vietnamese zodiac- there’s one year between us and I’m the older one.)

No, i know what zodiac signs are, i was just clarifying that EJE’s brother was a dragon zodiac sign, not a dragon mascot!

I’m gurgling up the rooster’s morning call.

Time to bump an old mentalguru thread! :smiley: Because I’m just in a Lunar New Year festive mood!

You can read my earlier posts about my Zodiac year. For those who don’t know, I was born in the Year of the Snake. I don’t know what element I am. But I know this year is the Year of the Water Snake.

I bought a copy of a local gossip/entertainment magazine, 8 days. It says that my fortune for this year, according to Fengshui expert Master Jet Lee (what a cool name!), is:

"The Good: There are no big issues with your health and no major career setbacks. Married folks may face more quarrels or disputes, but hey, at least you’re communicating about your issues right?

The bad: Ironically, this is not a good year for Snakes. Beware of offending too many people, especially when it comes to dealing with your superiors or the elderly. Learn to be more humble and show more respect. This is not a time to be too direct.

The Lucky: Face the South-west and West. Lucky numbers are 9 and 10. Auspicoius colours: yellow, brown, white and gold. Compatible signs are the Monkey and Rooster."

Feel free to ask me if you want your fortunes read for the new year! :mrgreen:

Last i checked I was a dog. Do I care about the palm reading, marmy shwarmy, voodoo stuff? Nah. Not really.

I want to hear my fortune! And TDIT, my father is a snake too. Ironic, because he hates them.

Sorry. Forgive me for being slightly immature about this, but i would see this to be an insult on other occasions. 8D

How does this work? I was born in April of 1995, does anyone know how I could figure out which animal I have/am?

Just go to this website to figure out what you are :slight_smile:

My Chinese Zodiac animal’s a pig/boar. I was pretty annoyed when I first found out (just because I wanted to be a dragon because I loved dragons lol) but now I think it’s cool. Pigs are awesome, yo. And according to the zodiac, people with this sign possess diligence, compassion, and generosity. (which is true to some extent as I always wanna help people out and give stuff away, and when I really wanna finish something, I finish something. heh) And my element is wood apparently.

I’m Wood Pig and I’ll save all of you with my mystical powers of compassion and generosity!!1

So I am a pig. Hm, interesting. I actually forgot I knew that at some point. But how that fits me, I honestly have no idea. I will give it some thought though. Ooh, Hamm is a pig, and he is quite logical like I always try to be! I’ll think about it.

I’m a Rat with the element of Wood since I was born in July of 1984.

I actually recently took some pictures of the Rat Zodiac beanie baby that I’ve had for many years:

25.media.tumblr.com/659d8849e55c … 1_1280.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com/2dc927493529 … 2_1280.jpg

I’ve heard that the colour purple is associated with the year of the Rat so maybe that’s why the beanie baby is purple.

That’s a cute BB, Minty Fresh! I remember I had the Congo the ape and Hissy the snake Beanie Babies when I was a kid. I thought of Congo as a guy and Hissy was a girl, maybe according to their labels.

I’ve always known that I’m a Tiger:

Personality
Occupying the 3rd position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Tiger symbolizes such character traits as bravery, competitiveness and unpredictability. Tigers love to be challenged and will accept any challenge if it means protecting a loved one or protecting their honor. They don’t worry about the outcome because they know they’ll always land on their feet. Don’t let their calm appearance fool you though; Tigers will pounce when they feel it’s necessary.Born to lead, Tigers can be stubborn if they realize they’re not in charge. They have a slight tendency to be selfish but overall, Tigers are extremely generous. They’re very intelligent and they’re always on alert. Tigers are very charming and are well-liked by others. They are not motivated by money or power.

Health
As they do their enemies, Tigers have a tendency to pounce on their work. Afterwards, they’re left feeling exhausted. Although they’ll soon bounce right back, over time this approach can cause problems with their health. Tigers need to develop a more balanced approach to life so they can utilize their energy more efficiently.

Career
Tigers have a continual need to be challenged which may explain why they jump from job to job. This isn’t necessarily a problem because they’re smart and able to quickly master new subjects. The best jobs for Tigers are those that will lead them towards positions of leadership. Some suitable careers for Tigers include: advertising agent, office manager, travel agent, actor, writer, artist, pilot, flight attendant, musician, comedian and chauffeur.

Relationships
Creative in their passion, Tigers will never bore their partners. They’re expressive, polite and trustworthy, but watch out. Tigers tend to dominate their relationships. This tendency is instinctive and when monitored closely, such behavior can be kept under control. Partners need to be equally active to keep up with the Tiger’s sense of adventure.

Thats me alright! An Earth Tiger to be specific:
More grounded in reality, Earth Tigers don’t get carried away by the circumstances of their situations. Instead, they sit back and evaluate all angles before jumping in. They’re able to stay focused on their tasks; a trait that helps ensure success.

Not as “me” as I thought. I’m more of a dreamer. But I do think things through… Usually.

I believe for my year I’m an Ox. I kinda forget what the Ox traits were. I’m more familiar with my Greek Zodiac sign, Capricorn.