Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

This movie seems to be an utter waste of money. I remember this book, it was like 10 pages long! How are you gonna make 2 hours worth of movie from that without destroying the original plot? there was no inventor in the book. Plus, I hate the way the whole thing is animated. The character designs looks poorly drawn up.

Yes, this movie has AMAZING potential. I’m definitely going to see this movie in theaters! :slight_smile:

DirtyBirdy: I think it’s more or less built on the grounds of the book, but not a direct representation of it, sort of how 9 was. There was another film I was gonna use as an example, but I forgot, hehe.

ffdude: There’s tons of examples. The first that came to mind that look similar in style and theme is Horton Hears a Who. But there are lotsa others, the upcoming Fantastic Mr Fox, and long-released Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Tale of Desperaux… :slight_smile:

Back from seeing this. A great movie, far better than I expected. It was absolutely hilarious, and overall great in every aspect. Just remember not to take it too seriously, and you’ll love it. The 3D was the best I’ve seen. SEE IT!

I just got back last night from seeing it and it was pretty good. I really enjoyed it and it was pretty funny and entertaining in 3d. I was shocked that Mr. T was in the movie… I wasn’t expecting that. He was hilarious.

Somewhat of a side note(?) on the 3d: I thought it was cute with the little kids that were sitting a few rows up from my boyfriend and I. When the Christmas Carol trailer popped up in 3d the little kids were trying to catch the snow. I wished they would have showed the Toy Story 3d trailer at my screening just so I could see how the kids would react to Jessie when she reaches out towards them with her hands. XD

Already a topic: pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4422

Hmmm… Maybe this should become an exclusive review thread? Strange that it didn’t click with me reading this that there was another thread - because I read the other thread.

Well, I went to see this as a small birthday treat (my main treat was seeing Walking With Dinosaurs Live), and I have to say it was definitely one of the funniest animated films I’ve ever seen. Sony Animation have pulled themselves up from the ground, as I only really started to hear of them when I first watched Monster House (which I thoroughly enjoyed and regarded highly when I was at a younger age). Seeing it though, it really pulled it off. Lucky I went into the cinema hungry, because I was extra hungry when me and my friend came out :laughing: . Eye candy yes, and it can, for definite, rise a large appetite.

I would recommend to see it personally, but of course, we all have our different opinions of the film… but so far, feedback seems to have been positive from others. I could not help but nod to your review Rare Addict :slight_smile:

This movie reminds me of Ratatoullie… :confused:

I don’t know if I’ll ever go out of my way to see this, but I have to say, the art style, though really out there, is incredibly appealing to me, though I can’t quite decipher why.

EDIT: I should be a tad more specific, I am referring to the character’s art style mainly, though the movie itself appears to look great as well.

I just saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs today, and I thought it was awesome!
It was absolutely hysterical and fun, with a lot of heart and a fun storyline.

I think everyone definitely needs to check this one out.

It’s quite possibly one of the best non-Pixar computer animated films I’ve ever seen.

Watched the movie earlier with the girlfriend…

It should really be renamed… Cloudy with guaranteed Awesomesauce

Other than a Disney/Pixar/Aardman release I’ve not laughed so hard during an Animated feature… Its bang on the money, and I am now in search of the book, so I can/could use it for the education of english in a primary school!

Its just sooo good!

Saw it the other night. Was hysterical. The guys behind Clone High really did a good job directing this one and it really benefitted from that whole trademark sense of humor they have.
Plus Bruce Campbell and Mr T were fantastic.

Mama Mia! This movie is getting rave reviews like it’s the food apocalypse!

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs has got critics hungry for more:

Bryko614 - “SEE IT”

KarmaWolf: “Funny and entertaining”

DinoGirl: “One of the funniest animated films I’ve ever seen”

Disney_Guy: “Absolutely hysterical… with a lot of heart”

Captain Pan: “Cloudy with guaranteed Awesomesauce”

FigmentJedi: “Fantastic”

Taste the adventure in Digital 3-D. Now showing!

I should be a spin doctor. :sunglasses:

TDIT: Nice. I remember you did the same thing with Coraline. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to be so bias about this thread, but I will have to say I hated this movie. :laughing: There was this one film critic who wrote something like," Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs was easily made for distracted nine year olds". I would agree. The firat half of the movie was good, but the second half was bad, and didn’t make mach sense. I would give the first half 7.5/10, and the second half 4.5/10.

I thought this film was excellent! I agree, about halfway through, it started to get a bit out there, but the first 40 minutes or so and the ending were amazing.

I really wanted to see this movie, but I’m pretty sure it’s been pulled out of our theatres by now. :frowning: I’ve heard a LOT of great things about it, too. Unfortunately I was never really paying attention to its release date, so I probably missed my chance to see it until it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray (and the Blu-ray will probably be more fun to watch than in 3-D, IMO). Maybe it will come out for Christmas and I can add it to my already huge list of Blu-ray movies that I want. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

Well, I caught it a second time, it’s so good! The soundtrack is fantastic, and Flint and Sam are just amazing characters (especially Flint, I think he’s a very relate-able character, plus he’s awesome) Took a friend as well, she LOVED it.

Definitely recommend