Comic Books

I don’t really read them (There aren’t really comic stores where I live) but I enjoy listening about the characters on Atop the Fourth Wall.

I have read the fist 6 issues of Blue Beetle (Jaime) from my school library and enjoyed it. I really like Blue Beetle, Superman, and Batman.

Oh, and Calvin and Hobbes is epic!

Spiderman is my favorite that originated in comic form, but Batman is pretty sweet(except as Christian Bale barfs)

I love comic books. My favorite superhero comic books are Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Superman and Batman. I also enjoy The Hulk and The Iron Man. Most of my favorite issues (stories) are from the 1930s to the 1980s.

I’m a fan of Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes.

I like Garfield Comic Strips too.

I just finished reading Fray and right now I’m in the middle of Buffy season 8. After that I’m hoping to finish Watchmen, check out Hellboy, and catch up on Chew and The Walking Dead. :stuck_out_tongue:

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m really digging Tezuka’s 70’s manga Black Jack and can’t wait to pick up Princess Knight :smiley: It’s going to start selling in the US next month:

amazon.com/Princess-Knight-P … 986&sr=1-2

A while ago I got the Marvel DVD-ROMs of Amazing Spider-Man (it collects Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #1-531 and the Amazing Spider-Man Annuals) and Fantastic Four (which also has the Silver Surfer’s comic book) which collects Fantastic Four #1-543, The Fantastic Four Annuals and every Silver Surfer issue. What I love about them is that they are scan’s of the original comic book (so you get every advertisement, letters page, etc.). I have read some of the issue’s on there (from reprints mostly) but there are a lot I haven’t. So that is keeping me busy for a while.

Because Boom comics have stopped making the Incredibles comic series, I’ve been on a comic hiatus at the moment.

Today I finished reading The Transformers Best Of U.K Omnibus. There are some great Marvel U.K stories collected in there. My favorite is probably Time Wars. I wish they went more like the comics and cartoons in the Transformers Films, rather than churning out the horrible films they are making. I feel they are ruining alot of great characters with that film series.

You a fan of Transformer Comics pixarmilan?

Yes, I also love the G1 cartoon.

I never actually read any comics before but I would love to read some of the Spiderman ones.

I just finished Reading The Muppets: Family Reunion today. Good comic, I wish they would make more and go ahead and release The Four Seasons (it hasn’t been released for some reason). Anyway, the only series I’ve been reading is Kick-*** 2. Speaking of which, the fourth issue comes out Wednesday! I better give my brother a call and get him to pick me up a copy (because I don’t go to comic shops that often, and the fact that it’s for 18 and up).

I definitely recommend Spider-Man comics. I think he is a good hero to start reading comics of. I think his comic was the first I ever read.

I might have to check them out soon. It’ll be pretty neat to check out stuff about the characters we never got to see or find out in any of the films.

Good for you.

What series of the Spiderman comics do you recommend I read first?

I have always liked the Amazing Spider-Man the most. Spectacular Spider-Man next. Most of my favorite stories are from the 1960s to the 1980s. If you want to read The Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning I recommend getting The Amazing Spider-Man DVD-ROM (it collects Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #1-531 and the first 34 Amazing Spider-Man Annuals), which they don’t make anymore, but, you could probably get it from Ebay (that’s where I got my DVD-ROM). In terms of current comics (well, since the 1990s) aside from the Ultimate Universe, alot of stories continue from one book to the next. For example one starts in Amazing then continues in Spectacular and finishes in Sensational Spider-Man (this is just an example). I never really got into the Ultimate Unverse. I prefer the main universe. The Essential reprints, though in black and white, do reprint alot of great classic stories. Currently they are releasing Reprints of Amazing, Spectacular (from the 70’s and 80’s) and Web Of Spider-Man.

Alright. Thanks for the choices! I want to read one of the Amazing Spiderman comics so I know what to expect in the reboot.