Disney logo

closinglogos.com/page/Walt+D … res?t=anon
wow

They have gone thru their fair share of logos.

I was thrilled to see the “When You Wish Upon a Star” fanfare intro. Thrilled. :smiley: It has such a classic feel. And, fact is, Pixar is now a big part of Disney, so it’s very fitting.

So true. It was very nice feel.

i loved that feeling like omg the movies about to start feel to it

I know. That’s what I felt each screening of it, with the most exciting feeling being when I saw it first. I think a big reason they changed the logo is that the new one matches in the CGI quality of the Pixar film. The old one was great for the older Pixar films.

And its not like Pixar has not improved upon their logo too…may be the same look, but the quality is much better

I really miss the old Pixar’s Disney logo, especially with the Toy Story fanfare. Like uruseiranma, when I first saw Toy Story with the different Disney logo (albeit I was 6), I knew I was in for something unique and special. It stayed true to the Disney logo used at that time yet added a new touch. Yet at the same time I’m really beginning to like the new Disney logo because although it is new, it does have a very classic feel to it. I guess the new Disney logo is fitting for WALL-E.

Also, did anybody wish that somewhere WALL-E would pop up to fix Luxo Jr. in the Pixar logo at the end of the film? That would have been a nice touch for people who haven’t seen it yet.

Its the whole growing up and improving thing. Disney has always grown up more and more. Just look at Pirates. It shows that they are looking for something more than just kids movies.

The new Disney logo did throw me off at first, but it’s so beautiful and the classic song “When You Wish Upon a Star” just makes it magical and takes me back to my childhood when Disney used to make good films. Such a touching piece. As long as they don’t change the Pixar logo, it’ll be alright.

The reason Pixar films have stopped using their own CGI Disney logo made for Toy Story is because of the merger of the two studios. Disney now uses their current “castle with fireworks” logo that was created so Pixar has to use it now as well since theirs reflected the old “blue background” version of the 90’s that Disney had abandoned, but their new logo is still CGI anyway. And since Wall-E was the first Pixar film to use it I kind of think that it fits the tone of the film better than the one with Randy Newman’s theme.

I do think that Disney’s new logo is very impressive, but I have to admit that part of me still misses the 2D one. That one just feels very classic with me and Disney films.

Personally I adore the new logo. It’s beautiful. <3 It just gives off this incredible feeling whenever I watch one of their newer films, it just screams “DISNEY!!” as it plays… with the castle, and the sparkling second star to the right, and things like that just make it more of the embodiment of everything Disney.

I also think it’s an excellent new intro, as much as the old one obviously reflects “Classic Disney”, the new one kind of keeps the theme of “Keep moving forward” which Walt Disney himself practically penned! I mean, CGI is “the future of animation”, and Disney has moved into working with that so the new CGI logo says that they are “moving forward” as well, but also since the elements of Classic Disney are still there within the logo, it’s also like no matter what medium they work in, the Classics are the foundation upon which all their film is based and they’re trying not to lose that.

I hope I made a small amount of sense with that garble of words. :laughing:

little chef

Disney= love. Pixar was brought up under the wing of Disney, even if Pixar does’nt make crappy movies every now and then, unlike Disney. I believe both logos should be used! :smiling_imp:

Well, it’s not like PIXAR didn’t change it’s logo as well. If anyone has seen UP in 3D or the Toy Story 3D bonus feature, then you’ll know that PIXAR slightly altered the logo in order to demonstrate the third dimensional effects of the film. And personally, as an engineer, I love the new altered logo as it really shows off the mechanics of Luxo Jr.

As for the Disney Logo, it used to bother me but now I’m fairly indifferent with it. Somehow I feel that since the new logo, PIXAR’s films have started to become better and better. Of course, it’s not a direct correlation or anything, but to me I just find it a helpful reminder that PIXAR will continue far into the future.