Disney releases upcoming features slate through 2012.

1906 (Brad Bird) and John Carter of Mars (Andrew Stanton) are rumored to be some kinds of co-productions with Disney/Pixar and some outsider company, in 1906’s case Warner Bros.
The above list is the official animated cannon. And to me it looks just fine. I’m glad to see Cars 2 because I think it’s Pixar plussing their weakest film, which was pretty amazing anyways,
The only movie I’m not too crazy about is The Bear and teh Bow, but it’ll definitely grow on me, I just need some morre concept art…

martini833, I think Bear and the Bow sounds cute and different to any Pixar film they’ve done so far. I’m really intrigued how they’re going to do their version of a fairytale and hopefully it won’t be anything like that film with red riding hood, urhhhh, Hoodwinked yeah.

It’s not that I’m not excited at all, it’s just different ideas are more or less appealing to me, and a fairytale sounds really cool, the subject matter I don’t know about. I’m sure Pixar will blow me away, though.

[size=84]I literally squealed when I saw Cars 2 on the list. :smiley:
And the good thing is; I’ll be old enough to drive to it! -brick’d- |D;;[/size]

The up teaser is already amazing!

you said it…

cars-2…okay this had better be good for them to attempt.
The Bear and the Bow-what???..okay sounds good but don’t let it get out of hand.
John Carter of Mars (quick comment)-no way…they had better not put that out. It doens’t even start to feel like pixar. (unless they are changing)

Ugh! Why must everyone bash Cars!!! (Yes, extra exclamation points for extra emphasis.) It may have not been the critics’ best movie, but come on! Cars is still a great movie! It’s my favorite, and there is stuff to expand on. (Me and my neighbor are making like the best fanfic ever for it, so we can expand.) I’m not gonna go on and on like I did in Cars 2: A good or bad thing? (Go there if you wanna read my full tyrade [towards the end of the forum]) But seriously, why must everyone hate it!!!

Another Cars 2 basher here! I just can’t see where the characters can grow from where they are now. Just too many 2D characters. First was a good film in it’s own right, but the interest isn’t there from me.

I’ve got nothing against Cars 2. Honestly when the Cars ended I was left with questions and speculations regarding what might happen next. So it’s one of the few Pixar movies where I can say “Yeah I think they can take this story somewhere else. I want to see what happened next”. I learned my lesson with Monsters Inc never to judge a Pixar movie till I’ve actually seen it, and so far I’ve stuck to that. There have been other Pixar movies that, based on what I heard, didnt sound appealing, but ended up better once I saw it. Of course, not having Doc is going to leave a big void for me because I was really itching to see him again (plus he was a central character), but that’s nobody’s fault. And to a lesser extent I’ll miss Fillmore too. But I’m totally willing to wait and see how it shapes up.

I try not to be bummed about it, but it’s going to be tough without Doc. lennonluvr9 - what kind of questions? It seemed to resolve quite well at the end of Cars

I didnt mean specific questions about the plot, as yes, it all resolved very well, but I was like "That was great!..what now? Is Doc gonna be his crew chief like it was implied? Who’ll race for Dinoco now? Is Chick’s rep gonna stay tarnished into the next season? What was the King’s whole take on what happened? What’s HE gonna do (besides visit Radiator Springs and wanna see Doc)? Did Radiator Springs change a whole lot? With Lightning, a bona fide celebrity, living there, is it now like a small city? Since Doc is obviously a legend, and his whereabouts are now known, how would that affect him and/or the town? The population as well as the local economy must have experienced growth. How far is Sally & Lightning’s relationship going to go?Will Lightning ever find out Doc called the press (Because to me, Sally’s the only one who really found that out) ?"And so on…So not questions pertaining to the story that was presented, it just left me hungry for more, you know? And a lot of these things have been ‘answered’ by various fictions that I’ve read, but I’d still love to know what Pixar’s take on what happens next would be.

I didn’t connect with any of the characters in Cars. Not sure if that’s because the talking cars creeped me out or it was an error in character development. I wasn’t left with any questions at all. But that’s just me. At least Cars 2 will bring in more revenue and will make Pixar more financially stable for future films, and more importantly, future original Pixar films.

I agree with lennonluvr9 and LightningandDoc, I’m really lookin’ forward to Cars the 2nd, and if anyone can pull off a sequel, it’s this studio.

You know, I had this weird optimistic wish back in 2006 that if Pixar ever made a sequel to Cars, I would try to be on their team, even as a rookie inbetweener or a coffee boy, just to see my name on the credits. If I didn’t, I’d at least try to make it to the premiere in the US. Now with all the increased competition and job vacancies drying up, I doubt I’ll get a spot at Pixar, and my skills are seriously not up to par yet. Well, 2012 is still a few years away, so maybe I’ll get lucky. I think the second goal is more realistically achievable, though. :slight_smile:

good luck on the two goals! Yeah, getting to the premiere is more realistic in the current time frame, but don’t let that discourage your dream of being at PIXAR. Go for it!

I totally agree with Lightninganddoc! Cars could totally expand, and in it’s self was a great movie! When I walked out the theater I was speechless, Cars was definitely a surprise for me. I thought it was going to be terrible and now it’s one of my favorite films!

To be blunt, I don’t think it’s anyone at Pixar’s fault. There was plenty of character development- and most people didn’t find the cars creepy. It’s probably just that the movie Cars isn’t your cup of tea, which is fine, but that doesn’t mean Cars is actually a bad movie or that it has any major flaws.

I connected unbelievably with the characters in Cars- especially Lightning McQueen. Different people have different experiences with movies and if you just didn’t like Cars very much… well then you just didn’t like Cars very much. Personally, I didn’t really connect with the characters in The Incredibles. It’s my least favorite Pixar film and I can’t even tell you why. It’s just that when I watch it, I love it… but when I walk away, I almost forget about it. It’s weird. Anyway, all I’m trying to say is… don’t feel like you have to defend yourself just because Cars isn’t your favorite Pixar movie.

I
CAN’T
WAIT!

Especially for Newt! That sounds rather interesting! Also I think Cars 2 should be interesting… not so sure how I feel on the topic yet. Toy Story 3…hmmm…Pixar’s never done a trilogy before so I’m not quite sure what to expect. Toy Story 2 was amaizing though, so I’m sure it should be great!
The Bear and the Bow sounds great too!

As for Up! I just can’t wait! I want to see it so badly!!! :laughing: :laughing: :cry: :cry: :laughing: :laughing:

Hog-Hug - very good point. I probably just didn’t enjoy the movie as a whole as much. Maybe it’s cause I really don’t care for cars in general, just a mindless mode of transportation to me… but I don’t really know why Cars is my least favorite. It’s funny and beautiful animation, and I like the James Taylor song… who knows why.

I also agree that Cars 2 will help Pixar be more financially stable which is awesome.

I’m wondering how A Cars 2 story would be like because it has to be more than just showing lightning living in Radiator Springs. Maybe they could adapt on some of the CarsToons as some of those are really good.

I really like the idea of all of these films because they will bring on more oppurtunities for shorts.

Was just reading Cars 2 and Newt have swapped dates, anyone know if this is true. Cars 2 2011 and Newt now 2012.