Disneyland, world, and everything else

Yes, it is ever so

frusterating to have to wait to get a table when you are hungry enough to die…

Rainforest Cafe is fun!

Their food isn’t like… out of this world or anything but I think their decorations and special effects make up

for that. I remember going to the gift shop and playing with those squishy things filled with… god knows

what.

What is your favorite ride/store/attraction/show at

Disneyland, California Adventure or Disneyworld?

Ahh… that’s rather difficult. I think you meant one out

of all but I’m gonna put one for each heh. And this is for Disneyland/CA (because they’re basically one huge

park to me)

Ride: Uhmmmm I’d say… Space Mountain. And Tower of Terror. And Peter Pan. Oh dear, there are

just so many good ones!!
Store: The Penny Arcade! Mmmm… it smells so good in there. Heh. And I like all the

little “penny” games. Although a lot of them are like a dime or a quarter…
Attraction: Turtle Talk.

Most fun you’ll ever have sitting on a lily pad. Seriously.
Show: “Remember… Dreams Come True”

fireworks show. But that and Fantasmic are pretty close. Me and my friends always have trouble deciding between

the two. We usually pick fireworks because there’s less effort in getting a good spot. You have to start staking

it out for Fantasmic at like 4pm… heh.

Here are my favorites.

Ride: California

Screaming, Splash Mountain, Grizzly Bear Rapids, Pirates, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, and Space

Mountain
Store: The Disney Store located in Downtown Disney
Attraction: The Tarzan treehouse and Talk with

Crush
Show: Pixar’s Block Party Bash

Rides: Until they bring back the original Journey Into

Imagination ride…Expedition Everest. I also love DINOSAUR, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain,

Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, It’s A Small World, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and the

Aerosmith Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

Store: The Wonderful World of Disney

(Downtown Disney)

Attraction: Stitch’s Great Escape, Kilimanjaro Safaris,

the “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids” movie set adventure

Show: When I was

younger, it was that Ninja Turtles show at MGM Studios. The turtles and April drove to the backlot in their van

and signed autographs. But now my favorite shows would have to be It’s Tough To Be A Bug at Animal Kingdom,

Fantasmic, and Mickey’s PhiharMagic.

~~=oP

I go to Disneyland every year, but I only been to Disneyworld once. What are the

differences for anyone who has been to Disneyworld a lot?

Oh, it’s horrible! It’s no

longer the ride we remember going on as kids.

They shut it down on October 10th, 1998 so they could change

the ride. They wanted a new ride for the millennium. People were upset because Figment was absent from the ride

entirely. However, when they finally brought him back 2 years after the new version of the ride opened, all they

did was rearrange things a little so they could put him in his place. It still sucks very badly.

I’m

quoting this part from Wikipedia:

Rumors have been going around that John Lasseter, the

new head of Walt Disney Imagineering, has greenlighted a fourth refurbishment, putting Tony Baxter, who headed

the design of the original, in charge of the project. The apparent plans for this refurbishment would remove the

Imagination Institute theme and return to something similar to the original. The possibilities of the project

getting full approval though apparently depends on the success of the 2006 enhancements of Pirates of the

Caribbean and if fully approved, the project would span 8 months and the pavilion reopen in time for Epcot’s

25th anniversary.

~~=oP
[/quote]
JIIWF only really

included three things from the craptacular 2000 version: The Sound Room, Butterfly in cage, and the upside down

house that’s become Figment’s place. At least with the current version it’s not a jumble of effects like the

2000 version was, but has some plot linking stuff together. But yeah, versions two and three are absolutely

NOTHING compared to the awesome original version I never had the chance to ride. I’ve recently heard some rumors

that JIIWF will possibly close in October for the big rehab. Course, who knows what will happen? But I’m sure if

anything, they’ll talk about it in October when Nemo officially opens.

I’ve

never been to Disneyland, so I’ll just have to talk about Disney World. Which I havent been to since 1999 and I

know it’s changed somewhat.

Ride:Spaceship Earth at Epcot, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the

Carribean
Store: A lot of the shops at MGM and in Main Street USA. I really like the gift shop that’s in the

Tower of Terror though.
Attraction: I did like the older version of the Tiki Birds. I didnt care for the new

one too much
Show: Not sure if I have one…

So what’s this Nemo thing that’s opening? Does anyone

know if there’ll be a Cars thing?

My homepark is Disneyland Paris, as i

live in Paris. I have a Annual Pass and in fact, i work there too in the second park: Disney Studios.

I

just got back from my first time trip to the American Parks which i just LOVED! With the discount for the Disney

castmembers, me and my firends could get like the ebst hotels: Grand Californian in Disneyland and for Florida:

Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. The whole trip was a total BLAsT with

magical moments: We have the enormous chance to visit Walt’s appartment on Main Street in Disneyland above the

firestation, a rare and unique moment in a life of a Disney fan like me; knowing that Walt used to be in there,

and very emotionnal to see the lamp that never go off. I had the luck to visit the backstage of Expedidion

Everest too in Animal Kingdom and confront the Yeti face to face while the maintenance crew turned it on after

the closure of the park, just for me and my friend!

That’s fantastic,

Kinoo! I’m glad you enjoyed Walt Disney World. :mrgreen:

What a privelege it must have been to see what

you’ve seen. I’ve been to WDW about 100 times (literally), but I’ve never been able to afford staying in

their luxurious hotels or go behind-the-scenes anywhere.

[u]A few

questions[/u]:
Did you visit all 4 parks, and if so, which was your favorite?
Was Everest your

favorite ride, or did you have another?
Did you get to pass through Downtown Disney at all?
What kind of

stuff did you bring home with you from the parks? (I’ll tell ya, a person can go broke

there.)

~~=oP

I

knw how lucky I was :slight_smile: and yes i visited the 4 parks.
My favorites are Animal Kingdom for the whole

immersion, I love what they did overall the park (except the crappy DinoRama). And for a totally another

ambiance, the MGM Studios are awesome.
My favorite attractions from Florida are Expedition Everest, Soarin’

and Philharmagic. If I count the Disneyland park i’d add Indinana Jones Adventures which was the most incredible

ride I ever rode alongside with Spiderman at Island Of Adventures at Universal’s.

And yeah we’ve been

to Downtown Disney for some shopping, I just love the World of Disney store and the Disney gallery with all these

collectibles.

And for what i bought, I brought from California the 50th anniversary pin, the book

“Disneyland: Now, Then and Forever”, the big poster of the parkmap. In Florida I bought the

Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot (didn’t find the MAgic Kingdom one on my last day of shpping :frowning:), two frames

to put the pics of the trip inside, a sweatshirt with very stylish logos from all the 4 parks and a keyring. But

it was hard to resist to all the merchendising they have over there!!!

I can imagine!

Most of the money I spend at WDW

is on pins. There are thousands upon thousands of various pins, but I’m mainly on the lookout for Stitch and

Incredibles pins everytime I’m in the parks.

~~=oP

hehe - You kinda have to be an

American to appreciate this Kinoo. It’s not the best part of the park by far but what the Imagineers were going

for here was a certain feel. Dinosaurs have always been a part of pop-culture here and back in the 60s and

especially the 70s they were the basis of cheesy roadside tourist traps and kiddie carnivals. The Imagineers

wanted to recreate that feel for DinoRama and while the section comes off as loud, cheap, cluttered, and just all

around not Disney - it’s the nostalgia that ultimately makes it enjoyable. You find some satisfaction in the

fact that it was made this way on purpose. And when you go in under the expectation it will be cheesy and

that’s how you want it and you’re anxious to see just how bad it is - it actually becomes thrilling… for at

least a little while. =D