DIY PIXAR

Hey Guys!
Man you would not believe the awesome weekend I just had! This past weekend, May 22-23, was the San Mateo County Maker Faire, the giant DIY festival for homemade builds and makers alike! I was there, of course, with a few members of my group to promote my new building group DIY PIXAR. I brought in all of my latest PIXAR builds and creations.

Here’s small photo gallery of some of our highlights in preparation and at the faire!:

These are my group badges I made for my members. I made them from shrink plastic and they came out great!

Here’s me (on the right) and my good friend Celeste (left) as well as an overview of our booth at the Maker Faire. It looks pretty cool! (not sure if you can tell, but floating above us is my RC flying Up house) :slight_smile:

Here’s an Etch-A-Sketch drawing I made for our booth’s display. As fans of the films, I bet you can already tell where each letter comes from.

Finally, here’s a really good shot of the both of us along with the R2-D2s from the R2 builders ( I specifically requested that I be placed right next to their booth).

I’m sorry I don’t have more pics of my booth itself, but I took more videos this year than pics. If you want to, here’s a video look at my booth: flickr.com/photos/mattoons/4638560148/

Overall, yeah, we had a really fun time! The Maker Faire is completely awesome and if you’re ever in the Bay Area when it happens (May) please tell me!

Exactly how big will the actual-size Eve blimp be, Pixar Builder? Cos’ zeppelins can get ‘Superbowl’ big… :open_mouth:

Anyway, love the pics of your builder fair. Your partner looks lovely and you look dapper in that suit! But why the straight face in your video? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey thedriveintheater, good questions! First, concerning the Eve Zeppelin, I’m trying to make her full size, or as close to a full size replica as I can get. Based on character height sheet, as well as her height according to the boot, I’ve calculated she’s roughly around 2 1/2 feet tall. The paper model I’m basing my blimp produces 7’’ models and using paint I’m blowing it up 400%. I want it to be life size, but relatively easy enough to inflate and still float.

As for the video, I honestly didn’t know my dad was recording me at the time. Besides, it wasn’t a huge grin but I did smile :slight_smile:

Wow! Those are some pretty amazing builds! Very impressive! Your talent and passion for Pixar definitely show! Keep it up! :smiley: