Do you buy Disney movies on Blu Ray?

^I’m wondering: Are the ones with only about an hour of bonus features going to receive a future diamond edition or something? THEN will they pour out a surplus of bonus features and audio commentaries? Okay, I have to admit, I do think it’s fun at first when they re-release the old films from the vault. But afterwards…there are only certain films I want to buy more than once. I’d prefer if I could just get everything on the first release like almost every Pixar film. I wonder what diamond editions of Bolt, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, or Wreck-It Ralph would be like…

Oh bo, it’s a lot easier to just list the movies I don’t own on Blu Ray so here goes.

I’ve got all 13 Pixar movies (as well as both ‘short film collections’) and 36 out of the 52 Disney animated movies. I’ve got all of the ones that are available (in Australia) so at the moment I’m just waiting for the rest of them to be released. The ones I don’t have are:

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun and Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Black Cauldron
Oliver and Company
The Little Mermaid
Hercules
The Emperor’s New Groove
Lilo and Stitch

Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Oliver & Company and The Little Mermaid are all due out next week (yay!) and The Jungle Book is out in October so I’ll have those 5 to add to the collection.
If Lilo & Stitch, The Emperor’s New Groove and Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh aren’t released in Australia by the end of the year I’ll just import the American releases which will just leave the 6 package films and Hercules until I have the full set!

Oh, wow! You’ve got all of them! Well, you will have all of them. Impressive collection! :smiley:

I take back what I said about not wanting the classics on Blu-Ray. I would like to have almost all of them, it would just be stressful in my case with my money. With a lot of them already on Netflix, that saves some cash at least. Still really happy for you, Draik!

Draik: Mother of Glaux, you crazy Disney fan! I bow before your elite fan-collectorness! :open_mouth:

The Disney/Pixar Blu-Rays I really want to get at the moment are Wreck-It Ralph and Wall-E. The only ones I have at the mo’ are Rio, Legend Of The Guardians and Heat.

Draik, you’re my hero!

I have to look at that picture again. It’s just so beautiful…

I mean, just…look at this. :mrgreen:

Whoa, Draik. That’s amazing. :smiley:

I don’t like how Blu-Rays are more expensive, but I’m getting sick of how cheap Disney DVDs are. They used to have loads of bonus features but now it’s impressive if there’s more then two. :unamused: So it’s possible that I’ll switch to Blu-Ray eventually.

^That is exactly why I switched to Blu-Rays to begin with. I know they’re not cheap, but a DVD with next to no bonus features? That will not do. I mean, I wanted to get Wreck-It Ralph as soon as it released, but at 35 bucks I wanted to wait until I could get the best possible deal… which turned out to be a $25 copy off eBay for my birthday, all these months later! I wanted to get Tangled ASAP, but I didn’t get ahold of it until Black Friday last year! I guess you could blame me for being so picky about price and version, but in some ways, the wait ends up being worth it! I do admit I so far have no Disney classics on Blu-Ray, but those tend to go in price even more so… yeah… I’m kinda jealous of you, Draik! :slight_smile:

Holy wow, thanks everyone!
They cost me a crazy amount of money. :open_mouth:
The diamond editions were all $50 each (Snow White cost me $60 because it’s out of print) and a lot of the ‘special edition’ releases are around the $40 range.
A lot of Australian retailers do 2-for-1 sales on Disney movies every so often, so a ton of them were bought through those.

Anyway, The Little Mermaid was released today so I picked up the 3D version.

There wasn’t really a ‘big’ scene that looked great in 3D like the opening of The Lion King and the ballroom scene from Beauty and the Beast, but it still looked good! The cover art is by far the best out of all the releases so far. It’s a pity they couldn’t have used the promotional posters for their other releases like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or Mulan.

Disney everything is the most expensive. lol

Draik: Holy cow, I haven’t seen that Mulan poster before. That’s so freakin’ awesome!

Mulan had some of the best posters. That Beauty one is amazing as well. <3

I do. There are a lot of them that I had on DVD (Disney classics) that I bought on Bly ray. I spent sixty dollars on Sleeping Beauty on Blu ray this year. It was already back in the vault at this point, so that why it was so expensive. Then I read recently that there’s a new version of Sleeping Beauty coming out on Blu ray. :frowning: I couldn’t believe it. Since when does Disney classics get two Blu ray special edition releases?! I paid seventy dollars for Fantasia this year. It was also in the vault at this point. I need to find out what releases are next to go into the vault. I don’t want to pay that much money for a Disney classic again. I buy all other animated movies on Blu ray (with exceptions like The Secret of Nimh, Ferngully, movies like that). Starting with Up, I bought all of Pixars movies on Blu ray, and replaced their previous releases as they were rereleased.

Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio were the last 2 classics in the Platinum line and they were released when Blu Ray was starting to become more common, so they got released on DVD as well as Blu Ray.
The upcoming 2014 Sleeping Beauty re-release is in the newer Diamond line. I dunno how many differences there will be between the platinum and diamond editions beside the cover art, especially considering the platinum edition has more content in it than some of the more recent diamond edition releases (Cinderella and The Little Mermaid are both pretty lacking in special features…)

I’m not sure when the movies that aren’t part of the diamond line are going back into the vault, but Cinderella and Peter Pan should still be available until April 2014.

I do not buy Disney movies on Blu Ray for the mere fact that I lack a device that plays Blu Ray-quality material. I resent this, but then, I rather had a Wii and an Xbox 360. I do have a lot of Disney VHS tapes, though - and darn right I’m proud of them! Yes, I’m old-timey. No, I don’t give half a darn. Psccht!

I only have the Blu Ray of Rango (not Disney, I know, but.) which also includes a DVD - I won 'em in a drawing competition a year ago heheh