Do you thinlk Boo will be a teen or still a kid in this?

Haha, thanks Pixarfan, that picture is perfect! Mike approves!

lol, I know.

100% Mike Approved!

Given the fact it’s a prequel, Boo’s age and the likely high number of years it is possible Boo’s biological parents have not even met yet let alone preformed pro-creative actions resulting in herself.

See this is another reason why I wanted a sequel. Boo’s parents (or gaurdians, whatever works).

I am incredibly intrigued and curious as to what happened and the possible reprecussions of her being a full 24 hours were if there were any- like them being there. Clearly it seems they didn’t lose her to social services after a year but that’s not to say it didn’t have an effect on them. After putting their daughter to bed she just disappeared with no sign of forced entry. That’s the stuff of parental nightmares there. The fact she returns would obviously be a relief but ultimately freak them out. Boo it seems is not abused either nor neglected.

And even the worst babysitter in the world would notice she was gone 24 hours nor would I think good parents leave such babysitters for a very long period (say overnight). Of course if it was an incredibly selfish person they might put off reporting it through fear of getting into trouble, though they’d also be an idiot sine there was no way to plan for such a thing to happen as monsters aren’t real to them. (At the very least a person would instigate a wide search with the help of neighbours/locals if anything if they thought of anyone other than themselves).

I think time goes faster in the Monster world.

That seems really doubtful. Monsters Inc is not Narnia in the end and seems constrained in certain instances when it comes to scaring to the human world time- when the ‘eastern seaboard is coming online’ for example- they have to work around the human world’s clock as to which kids they are scaring. They also have the same 24 hour clock as us (and twleve month system) and yet have to have a specific time to go across the world or a continent in order to scare kids.

Plus Boo was supposed to sound older I believe (and she does) when Sulley hadn’t seen her a year even though she wasn’t shown to keep viewer imagination up. (Which for a two year old is some time in developmental terms).

How many years ago was Monsters?? Hmm, Boo would be in junior high by now. I always thought that she was Violet Parr Age 2 ('cos of the fact that she keeps disappearing-- and Randall’s a purple chameleon so there may be a link.) Well, guess that’s not plausible.

Yup…she’d be a junior.

Since it’s a prequel, I doubt she’d be in it at all. Did we ever find out if that girl we saw in Toy Story 3 was Boo or just someone that looked like her?

Oh, so it’s a prequel!
So maybe Boo won’t be in it at all…Or they could show her briefly as an example with Randall scaring the heck out of her

Oh, yeah, that was really cool! I thought someone said it wasn’t her, but you can interpret it anyway you want and pretend it’s her. I always like to think it’s her.

It’d be cool if we met Boos parents in the Prequel I know its out of place but still.

Yeah, it would be out of place. On another thought, I’ve always wondered what they look like.

I’ve just been generally curious about them in general- and I don’t agree with theories about time passing slower in the human world at all due to the difficulties involved in that working for the monsters in scaring- so Boo was away 24 hours in my view. This is an interesting conundrum to have.

It’s kind of a shame really- there could be an interesting conflict in bringing Boo’s parents into an actual sequal. No (good, anyway) parent would be happy with the idea of someone (even worse an adult someone) in their daughter’s room without their knowledge, or worse taking her out of it (even in accidental cases, and heck even time even DID pass by more slowly at all, it’s risky and they don’t know Sulley at all and they’d be perfectly within their rights to tell him to leave her alone and send the fuzz/government after him if he didn’t comply.)

When I first saw that girl in TS3, it did kind of looked like her. I know it’s only a rumor as of now that it was her but I don’t think it was. If this was a sequel, I think Boo would of been in her teens since she was only two in the first film.

This comment just made me realize something I hadn’t before. Pete Docter’s other Pixar film, Up, also had an a child’s accidental disapperence as a major part of the plot. In this cate, Boo following Sulley, and in Up’s Russell being in the wrong place at the wrong time (under the house when the house was taking off)

And his mom seemed fine with it. How do you think that went?

Russel’s Mom- Hey sweetie, where have you been the last few days?

Russel- OH WOW MOM, You won’t belaive it. Mr. Fredrickston lifted his house off the ground and I was on it, I almost fell, then he was thinking of a way to get me out, but being the nice guy he is, he et me stay. Then had to carry his house around in the wildiness and found a rare bird, I named her Kevin and a TALKING DOG named Dug. Then we found this old guy and he let us in his blimp. He and Mr. Fredrickston talked about boring stuff and I tried to eat a hot dog. He then talked about his backstory and then saw Kevin. Then he tried to have this dogs kill us. So we ran out running for our lives. Kevin got us and ran. The dogs were getting closer to biting us to shreads. We then were on a cliff and i was hanging on to the cord for dear life when I was above the fall. We then jumped far and Kevin got hurt by the dogs. So we took her back but then the old guy got her and set Mr. Fredrickstons place on fire. I didn’t help him after that. Then I took some ballons, went up in the air to get Kevin. I went in the blimp and they got me. The old guy then tied me to a chair and opened a door below me. But Mr. Fredrickston got me just in time. He left me in the house. I then untied myself and fell and grabbed his hose whilw some dogs tried to shoot me with darts, After I got away I smacked into the blimp and the old guy looked at me weird. I then got back on the house and went to get Mr.Fredrickston. Then the old guy tried to shoot us. me, Kevin and Dug went in the house where he then tried to murder us there. Then Kevin saw Mr. Fredricksons chocolate and ran out. We by the blimp. The old guy followed, got caught on ballons and fell to his death. We then clmibed on the blimp and drove it home. IT WAS FUN!

Russel’s mom- That’s nice were you nice to Mr.Fredrickson?

Russel Yep.

Russell’s mom- Good job Russel.

Russel- Thanks mom.

Russell’s mom- Oh, and Russell.

Russell- Yeah mom?

Russell- Your grounded for a year after the ceremony.

Russell- Oh, Man.

Haha I could soooo see Russel doing that I wish it was in the movie now.

Hahaha, that’s pretty funny! It sounds like something that would happen to Butters.

“But fellers, if go in a floating house to South America with an old man, a giant bird, and a talking dog, my parents would ground me!”
“Shut up Butters!”

"okay.’