Employment status

This job sounds perfect for you TDIT. How lucky you are to find such a job right after graduation. It sounds like a friendly work environment.

Thanks EJE! Yeah, I’m really lucky, though these past few weeks (and the next few ones) will be extra-hectic cos’ we got a lot of issues bunching up before Christmas. :shake: But everyone’s very supportive; the boss even treats us to lunch every now and then and gives us beer and chips when we stay back to finish by the print deadline (I stayed back till 10 yesterday, and midnight today, for example!) But yeah, I get along with everyone and the pay’s decent for a starting graduate!

It’s great that you work at a winery. What do you do as a barback? I remember skimming through the forums and catching a few of your posts about sampling the wines. Any recommendations? I usually like clean sweet ones, I don’t like the sour or tarty kinds.

Oh great, that last sentence sounds like I’m describing my ideal date partner.

Haha, sounds like an awesome boss!

Yes, I do enjoy working at the winery. As a barback I mostly stock the wines and clean glasses. Also other small chores to make things easier for the TR associates. I also make cheese plates for guests in our reserve tasting rooms.

I am no expert on wine! Clean Sweet wines? Do you mean a dessert wine?

I’m going to apply for Pizza Hut, Petco, and a place called Replay. Myabe I get lucky and one will call me.

I got a call for a second job! As a babysitter for two small kids, ages 6 and 4. I need extra money, so I don’t mind going from my job at the winery straight to the kids. Plus the babysitting job pays more than my actual job.

Yay! Good luck with that, EJE! :smiley:

I’m hoping to be able to go and apply for a job tomorrow. I’ll be trying at Buy For Less and Barnes And Noble. :sunglasses:

Thanks Snipe!

And good luck Pixarfan and Snipe in your job searches!

Thanks, except for summer jobs, I haven’t had any luck.

So I’m going to start giving tours at my work.

I also know their goona build new grocery store so I will sign up there when they also applying.

I wish all you guys the best of luck in your searches :slight_smile:
e-j-e, you’re gonna be shattered! :open_mouth:

Heehee, what?

Doing one job after the other! That’d be exhausting!

Plus college.

Oh. Haha, yeah story of my life. Next semester I want to take four classes each day on two days. Then work three days. Then I’d have two days to stay home.

It’s hard to keep my days open when I finid myself so busy with school and other activities. Its hard for me for find time for work.

Just met the two kids I’ll be babysitting.

I hope they’re not too much of a handful!

Kind of like how me and my brothers were.

Yeah, me too! I met them the other day, and they were really sweet. But you know how children can flip flop!