Epic (Leaf Man)

^You haven’t seen Rio?!?! Do it now!

I know, right? Thanks for the heads up, will do! :arrow_right:

LQstudiesPixar: I concur with EJE! Also I’m not sure which Blue Sky films you’ve seen, but Horton Hears A Who and Robots are pretty good films from them too!

You know what? I still haven’t seen Robots.

My favourite Blue Sky film will forever be Ice Age.

Mine would be Rio.

The first Ice Age is not bad, but the sequels kind of killed it for me. I also think Horton Hears a Who is good.

EJE: Well, if you like any of these actors - Ewan McGregor, Halle Berry, Robin Williams, Amanda Bynes, Mel Brooks, Jim Broadbent - and you can accept a similar world-premise to Cars, then you might enjoy it!

I need to rewatch Ice Age, I think I did enjoy it as a kid, but I don’t know if it’ll stand the test of time!

SoA: Rio’s your fave Blue Sky film? High-fiiive! Very nice!!!

Oh, Horton’s good if you like OTT humour. One of my friends loved the “light as a feather” and anime-inspired scenes, and it’s a good preview of the kind of style and gags the movie plays with. But there are some touching and quiet moments too, it’s not that crazy all the way. Mitch, I believe, liked it back in the day too, so that’s another vote of recommendation for you. :slight_smile:

The Horton recommendation is for me?

If so, I think you misread my post 8D

From what I remember, Robots was pretty fun and inventive, but it’s been awhile, so I don’t remember everything about it. If it helps, it’s one of Chris Wedge’s films (Ice Age, Epic + Scrat’s voice). I think it’s worth at least one watch. I caught Horton Hears a Who! on TV, and I liked it; the visuals, the dialogue and things like the anime-inspired scenes moved things along nicely. I do think my personal favorite is Ice Age, though, but I also liked the second and third films almost as much. I only need to catch up on Rio which looks really good and the fourth Ice Age film which I’m sure I’ll enjoy.

I may have lead us slightly off-topic! :blush: So can I ask a question? Apparently, Danny Elfman will be the composer for Epic, which is somewhat of a change for Blue Sky. Speaking of their earlier films, they have only used David Newman to do the score for Ice Age and John Powell for every film after that. I’m just throwing it out there, but any thoughts on this?

The visuals and action look nice, but there’s something a little off-putting about the voice acting.

I agree, the sequels were adbismal. But the first one was my favorite movie growing up basically, next to Monsters Inc. I’d watch both repeatedly, so it has a special spot for me, despite how much it’s gone down hill.

TDIT: I definitely do want to see that movie! Too bad it never plays on TV.

That’s pretty interesting. But it isn’t unusual for composers to do voice work at several different studios.

So, Epic, huh?

Saw the trailer twice, once in English when I saw Brave, and another time in Dutch when I saw Wreck-it Ralph. The film looks really pretty, and I’m just a really big fan of Blue Sky’s work. Not sure about the humour, 'cause it seems a bit out-of-place, but we’ll see.

Rio is definitely my favourite Blue Sky film, though. Biiiirds. I loves birdies. Ice Age is awesome too, and its sequels are also sweet. Robots I don’t remember much from and Horton Hears a Who is all kinds of awesome as well.

Blue Sky is always very good about being artistic with nature and creating beautiful landscapes. This film appears to be taking that to heart.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH! :open_mouth:

Epic Official International Trailer #1

Not only did they use Avatar’s trailer music, Guardians At The Gate by Audiomachine, they also used one of my favourite trailer songs of all-time, Dream Chasers by Future World Music (which I discovered in the How To Train Your Dragon trailer and I used in one of my fan trailers).

Probably the only trailer for a movie this year so far that actually got my heart racing, like how Pixar trailers used to for me. :slight_smile: Love it love it love it love it!

That trailer was better then the two American trailers, but I’m still a little skeptical about this.

Agreed. I think it was poorly edited.

The film itself may be good, but the trailer is meh, an unforgivable sin for a film named Epic.

If you two were referring to the latest trailer, yeah, I’m supposed I’m biased because I look out for trailer music and such. It was kinda “off” that they threw too many scenes in without attempting to give some sort of narrative to the trailer (a trailer should be a mini-summary of the movie without giving away too many spoilers). But I still think it was a good use of trailer music and I give this 11/10. :mrgreen:

The projectionist played this at the press screening for The Croods yesterday and while the audience (mostly made up of mums, possibly female reporters or spouses of male reporters, and kids) were restless during the new Turbo trailer, they were silent with a few murmurs for this one. :slight_smile:

Or maybe they were just too shocked at how “terrible” Epic is, haha. 8D

I wrote on FB that I’m really only going to see it for Aziz Ansari’s slug, the photorealistic visuals, and the environmental (???) theme. Other than that, I’m just stoked on trailer hype alone and my love for the studio and its previous works.

Trailer looks okay I actually like all Blue Sky movies, except Horton Hears a Who… It annoyed me. :blush:

Danny Elfman you say? Cool! :smiley:

I saw the new trailer today in Croods that shows more on the movie and I think it will be a good hit. The new trailer makes me more interested the first gave me chills great editing.

IV: Haha, what was it about Horton that annoyed you? Just curious. :slight_smile:

LittleTomo: Welcome to the club! The EPIC club! For EPIC people! :slight_smile: