Episode 007 - 2008-07-22

The Star Swordsman - You’re welcome. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next!

– Mitch

Okay, a change of heart is in order. I did think this was an excellent episode, and I’d like to voice certain opinions which have changed since my last post regarding the show. Again, the Christopher Walken image was annoying, especially also because it’s on the Radio Pixar page at Podomatic. I’d like to know if there’s any possible way of getting that removed, and putting up the usual logo. If there isn’t, well, I’ll learn to deal with it. I’m just worried that for the people who listen to the show who aren’t necessarily Pixar fans, that image makes them question what kind of show they’re listening to. Like, “That’s strange. I thought this was supposed to be a Pixar podcast.” So, basically I’m worried about how that image will read to the general public, as well as Pixar fans.

The news segment was very well done. Nijhazer did a fabulous job with that. Props and kudos for a job well done. :wink:

I’m quite dissapointed that the episode didn’t have a title as it were ("Finally Five!, Catching UP, etc.). In the future, I’d personally like to see a return to that. One more thing, I’d also like to personally see the shows be longer. This was the shortest one to date (although, I think that fact was already mentioned). I’m well aware that there is a time limit that Podomatic puts in (or, at least, I think there is), but next time, yeah, a longer episode would be nice. Preferably, along the lines of Episode #5.

I’d like to re-emphasize that all of your comments and suggestions are appreciated, positive or negative. So far, I’ve found this discussion to be very helpful and I’m hoping we can continue in this vein.

In regards to what you wrote, Bill, I’ve received similar suggestions thus far from other members and PP staff alike, and will implement most of these in the next episode. I’m glad that some of you did enjoy Episode 007, but rest assured that Episode 008 will see a number of improvements. Most of all, I appreciate the support and understanding you’ve all shown; this show is still a work-in-progress, but I have faith that it will eventually be excellent, in no small part thanks to the feedback you’re all continuing to provide.

I do agree that this episode was short. There’s a few reasons for that, but the primary one is that I didn’t have as much time to work on this one as I will on future episodes. Last week, I was out of town on business; and any spare time I had that week was spent covering the E3 event for my other podcast. I think that Episode 007 is a good barometer for how long the news segment will be in future shows, but there will be other segments as well, providing for a longer and (hopefully) more entertaining podcast.

That was a great show, Nijhazer! :smiley:

~~ JOHN•E

Oh geez, there’s something else I have to do now, lol! I’m just now finding out about this new episode, so I suppose when I get the time I should give it a listen.

So I just realized I missed the episode, so I’m listening to it now.

And I just need to gloat for a second:

The first time I watched the door sequence in “Monsters, Inc.,” I totally looked at my sisters and said, “this would make a cool rollercoaster.” So I am claiming that I called this 7 years ago. Thank you, thank you. Autographs will be signed in the lobby.

On the whole, the episode sounds good - perhaps a little dry, but that’s just because it’s mostly news stuff and it’s just one voice. Can’t wait for the next one!

Okay I finally gave it a listen. It was mostly news, but I enjoyed it. That’s cool that is planned to be a regular 2 week thing. (although if it’s still delayed I’ll understand)

And TSS, how did you find the answer to that question?? I never knew it had a name.

lennonluvr: Well, I did some research on line. BUt probably the biggest resource came from the WALL-E topic at Pixar Planet: The thread that asked which one was our favorite character.

Should we be expecting a new Radio Pixar episode soon? It’s been two weeks, so I figured one is coming our way in the next few days.

You know, I was half expecting there to be one too! But whatever. I’m patient and can wait. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it has been quite a while. Perhaps once every two weeks is too often? Something like once a month might be easier to maintain. I’m happy to wait, but it’d be good for Radio Pixar to be able to find a comfortable schedule it can ahere to.

I was hoping that the new season of Radio Pixar would be a fresh start for the program with the programs released on schedule and with lots of content. I don’t want to see a repeat of what happened last/this year with the whole hiatus thing… Hopefully we’ll see a new program soon, and yeah, it would be better to have it released every two weeks - one month if this schedule doesn’t work out.

Yeah I’m thinking that once a month might be an easier schedule to keep to as well.

All right, here’s what happened.

I was about a week late with Episode 008 but still had a show almost ready to go. As I was preparing to record the news segment, the hard drive on which I store my audio production stuff went kaput, and I lost everything I had been working on for that episode. I haven’t worked on RP since then partially because I was extremely discouraged by that, but also because a few colleagues started a new site and asked me to write a slew of content for its launch.

You guys are right, though. I owe you a new episode. And fortunately, I still have half of one of the segments that was going to be in episode 008, since it was sent to me through Gmail; I’ll just need to re-record the other half. So, look for another episode on Tuesday night.

That’s good to know, I completely understand why the episodes were so delayed, and I can’t wait for episode eight (hey that rhymes)!
Just one question, is it still going to be bi-weekly?

That’s the intent.

Just to let you know, I am okay with having at least one episode a month if it is going to take some stress off.

Thanks for explaining what’s happened, Nijhazer. That must’ve been so annoying to lose so much of what you’d already recorded! But there’s no pressure on you here- as long as when the next episode is ready, it’s all finalized and perfected, then I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. And I’ll agree with TSS that if a monthly instead of bi-weekly rate of release would be easier for you to handle, there’d be no problem with that.

I’m sorry about your computer crashing, Nijhazer. It’s so frustrating when that happens, isn’t it? I look forward to the next episode still, and hopefully you guys will be able to get it back on track so we can have regular/current episodes again.

I agree with the others, and I wouldn’t even mind if RP was every three weeks, if that extra time would help.

Yeah that’s gotta be more than a little annoying. But whatever! I think it’s safe to say I’m kinda used to this by now.