Ever had a near death experience?

Wow. It seems most people here encountered near-death experience with car accidents. I never had one, really. I may be dead if I had one.

I was 3 at the time, my uncle and my mom and dad took my sister and I to a playground,I was just playing on the playground,and then I saw my sister go down a BIG slide. I asked my dad if I could go on it. He said yeah so he took me over and then my dad went to the bottom waiting for me to go down.As I climbed up,I slipped and fell and my chin hit the metal on two steps leaving a scar which I think is still there,and it knocked me out.Next thing I know I was being carried by my dad.

Ouchie there annarborjack :confused: . That sounds very painful. I used to love playgrounds too when I was little but I have no memory of injuring myself in a very very bad way on them. Well, here it goes for mine:

I visited Alton Towers one day (yeah, it’s a very large theme park :slight_smile: ) and we went on the Runaway Mine Train roller coaster. Sounds simplistic doesn’t it :laughing: . Well, while we were in the queue, I noticed these two older teenagers with a giant toy shark, one that they must have won on one of the sideshow games. Once boarding the ride, they left the toy on the side, only just on though :confused: . Then the ride started, and as we were going round, they reached out and touched it :open_mouth: . After the ride stopped, thankfully it went round twice with no interruptions, the ride operator came out and shouted too them. I remember him saying that if that toy had gotten underneath the wheels, we would have all been catapulted forward clean off the tracks, the ride being completely full at the time and most likely killed :open_mouth:. I’m glad it was not me being the idiotic fool anyway and I’m certainly glad I’m still here.

To all the other users, I’m glad your all still here :slight_smile: ! I’ve never been involved in a car accident, broken any bones or been knocked out :confused: . I never knew there were so many others that had though!

When our house ( I was REALLY young) was being built, my mom and I came over to see how it was going. I accidentally slipped and fell into a hole in the floor and would have fallen down onto the cement in the basement if I hadn’t held on at the last moment. My dad had to run down and get me.

Oh and the other day I got stung on the back by a bee. :laughing:

When I was about 10 I was at Six Flag’s Hurricane Harbor, I was swimming underwater. Their were a lot people people their that day. A wave came and people swam the other way, I coulden’t get up and was running out of brath, finally I got out of the water.

When I was like 8, me and a kid in the neighboorhood had a race. We raised from his lawn to the end of the street. At the end, he tripped me on purpose and my head landed on the street, I then got up sometime later and cried home. He got in troble. I kinda wish I punched him or something.

Just a car accident for me.

WEll, when I was 7, I had staph in my spine and I was supposed to die, but I don’t know if that counts, becaus it wasn’t an immediate or momentay thing.

I’m so glad everyone here overcame their near death experiences!

2 years ago I contracted E-Coli from the livestock I was raising. The ER gave misdiagnosed me and gave me medicine that made it worse, and the next day I returned. This time they decided to ACTUALLY take urine samples and found out what I really had.

The strain I had was a deadly one, with a 30% death rate. I lost 10 pounds while having it.

So now every year I have to get my Kidneys checked, because of damage I got from it. I wouldn’t be suprised if I die from Kidney disease many years down the road, because of the E-Coli damage, and my Grandmother died of Kidney disease too, so it’s in the family.

Aw, that’s horrible!! I’m sorry to hear about that. I till have back pain and problems, but I hopefully shouldn’t die due to that as long as I don’t get a job involving lifting or standing on my feet for many hours.

Hope you don’t die from kidney disease Kenzie.

My dad has back pain, I don’t have it yet but I may in the future.

Aw. I hate foreboding afflictions. Especially in people I know. :frowning:

Dah, thanks guys. I’m not too worried about it. I’m getting it checked out annually.

That’s too bad about the back problems Virginia!

Thanks. As long as I don’t work at McDonald’s or do a lot of lifting, I should be fine. And I hope I’m not complaining or anything, I don’t want to sound whiny. o_0

Oh it’s fine, you don’t sound whiny at all!

Oh, good. Thanks. 8D

Nearest death for me: mercury poisoning.

Out of my own stupidity, I played with a bottle of mercury for quite a few weeks.
Thank goodness we got it cleaned up.

Nowadays (not directly related to the mercury) I only experience panic attacks (well. Not much now of course…).

I forgot to post this hear, but I had a near death experience a few weeks ago.

I was about to make a left turn when in the other lane, there was a speeding car trying to hit the brakes. He couldnt, so he hopped off the car ahead of him and the roof of his car almost smushed me. Thankfully, the car landed on the road just past me.

I’m glad you two both survived!

Yeah.

I’m surprised more that I am not experiencing any neurologic effects after it.
(anxiety doesn’t count as they came two or three years after.)

Not really, but I was in a risky situation recently. My mom and I were going to go shopping, and I decided to go out and sit in the car to wait for her, and I turned the car on, but I forgot to put the garage door up. :open_mouth: Thank goodness she came out and caught it in time.

I have an Anxiety Disorder, and I use to get pretty bad panic attacks, that almost resulted in suicide. But I have medications now, so I don’t have panic attacks. Also, I’m at a better place in my life, so my depression hasn’t acted up in years.