Fandom trends you love

I could make you one sometime if you want. :smiley:

There are a lot of girls I know that are a lot like her that are… not very nice, so it’s really easy for me to not like her. :laughing:

Well, they are pretty awesome together, and you don’t really have to find reasons to justify it because it’s canon, so even if people don’t like it, it’s going to happen. :wink:

That would be great!!! :smiley: Thank you. If I was going to have one I would want it to have something to do with Bob and Helen. <3

MBP13, how’s this image?

Just needs some…adjustment :sunglasses:

That image looks great!!! :smiley:

I love that one. It’s going in my new signature, but you can use it too, because mine’s an ensemble type thing with 5 different couples. :sunglasses:

Cool I’m going to try to make a signature right now on my computer and see how it turns out. I dont exactly know what to write on a Bob/Helen picture though. :confused: I was thinking something like “You need to be more flexible” or “we’re superheros what could happen?” :slight_smile:

The second one represents them better, and it’s more romantic. It’s what my phone wallpaper says :mrgreen:

I dont know how to upload my signature to pixar planet. I know that I have to go to my profile and then scroll donw to the part that says my signature but I dont know how to paste my signature. :frowning:

Don’t worry, chica. I’ll PM you for that info.

Ok haha because I just got so excited because I finished my signature and then realized that I didnt know how to put it on PP. :blush:

:laughing: That’ s okay, MB. :smiley:

Man, I was wondering when we’d get a topic like this, what with my complaining in the ‘least favourite fandom trends’ thread! xD

Fan-fics wise; I have to say I like mushy love oneshots. Fgfgsfgd. D8 As long as they’re well written, has no self-inserts (I mean C’MON I am the biggest Conker fangirl in whole Holland yet I adore ConkerxBerri) and about a couple I ship. Shiiiip~!

And random crack pairings? Count me in. :laughing: I love seeing what people come up with. As long as they don’t interfere with my shippings I’m cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I looooove good humanizations. When they actually capture the personality of the original… they’ve won me over.

And of course, when people draw characters in their original style, but when they’re still recognizable. I adore those…

I quite like AUs sometimes. Not generally the ‘high school’ sort of AU or ones which are a completely different setting but more or less one little different decision by a character or a certain act of chance results in a different story- an interesting ‘what -if’ as it were.

Sure there’s a lot of horrible -this-is-just-because-my-favoured-ship-didn’t-happen-and-I’m-butthurt stuff in fandom. But you also get some excellent ones. Also rediculously interesting things can occur from such a different path or large consequences.

Of course, I’m kind of weird in the sense that while Twilight sucks, I’d be interested in reading a fanfiction by someone talented where Bella in all her whiney brat glory did not turn up and we instead got to see Jacob and Edward form an amusing friendship against all odds- plus Jacob could make Edward less creepy perhaps and to not be such a judgemental ass and making fun of his sparkles and get him off from his high horse. I’ve been toying with that idea myself really, though I’d doubt I’d have the time now for it.

Still, it could be interesting. Since Eclipse in the cinemas was, shockingly, not awful and their tent conversation amused me I’ve wanted to see that done.

Twilight might be an utter shambles in canon but there are some interesting aspects like the Volutri for instance. I wonder how they’d react to a werewolf/vampire friendship. Mmmm.

I like weird friendships. Sue me.

That’s another thing though, I sometimes like it when people decide to expand on a created world and delve more into the issues only hinted at in the canon material too. Like some sort of organisation etc which is mentioned, even used, but we only know a little of altogether and someone makes something TOTALLY canon compliant with them but still really inivative. Or a cultural history. Something like that.

I quite like platonic things in general too, I love my humour/friendship/Hurt/Comfort genres in ff.net terms.

Sometimes redemption fics, when pulled off well, can be awesome. It’s possible to do so in character for many, though it’s not as common as you may hope- but when it happens it can be great.

I also like it when people don’t make arguments totally one-sided. I like reading and writing arguments- but even when one is more in the ‘right’ I like it when the other gives the first one something to think about all the same or has a valid point.