Fast Five (2011)

The five biggest eye candies in any action movie. :wink: Yeah, I’ve never been a fan of the Fast and Furious movies, but after taking a cinema class at my campus, one of my professors urged me to be careful when I choose to watch movies.

We all have our guilty pleasures, TSS. Yours might be superhero movies… mine are car chase movies. :wink:

We all are capable of appreciating quality movies. But again, this is quite subjective.

Oh I love car chases, gun fights, action scenes, hot girls and all that jazz in movies. It’s one of my guilty pleasures as well. Part of me just wishes that Fast Five offered something new.

Hee hee
theonion.com/video/today-now … -of,20188/

If I get off work in time, I’m going to see this movie with my friends this Friday, I hope I get to!

I might go and watch this, I was pondering it, but with driving lessons, towarsd end of college, economy as it is, trying to save as much money as possible! I do love my foot chases though (much more so than car chases imo) - just watch The Warriors, best foot chase/running movie in existance!

On a side note, will the dude ever be known simply as Dwayne or is he always going to be known as The Rock … :slight_smile:

tribefan: Laugh out loud! :slight_smile:

EJE and Pixarinho: Can’t wait to hear what you guys think! I’m planning to see this next ‘Cheap Tuesday’.

Check out this online exclusive trailer- I like how they make things fly out of the screen and fling the text around.

youtube.com/universalpicturesau

I call him both Dwyane and the Rock. I am still a fan of the WWE and his epic return as the Rock was nothing short of electrifying.

But when he’s in movies, I just call him Dwyane Johnson

I’m sad to say that my friends are going to an out of town theatre, and I can’t make it in time due to work. I might see a matinee, but I’m so busy! I just might have to wait for DVD.

Saw it tonight, and as someone not really familiar with the series, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was cornball as hell but the cast had a great chemistry and the action sequences were masterfully shot and directed.

It was also probably a more accurate travelogue of Rio de Janeiro than Rio was, sad to say.

My plans to see this have been pushed back a week!

For the most part, I have heard generally positive things about this movie. My friends said it was the most fun they had in watching a movie in a long time.

That’s good to hear! Are you planning on seeing the movie TSS?

It has just became April’s largest ever box office opening on the opening day.

insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/30/b … fast-five/

Congrats to it. :smiley:

That’s pretty extreme!

Beating out Fast and Furious, appropriately.

It’s also expected to be by far the biggest opener this year, more than Rio and Rango combined. It’s getting terrific word-of-mouth as well so it’ll be interesting to see what effect it may have on Thor.

Wow, it seems to be doing well. Congrats to a strong opening day.

Pleased as punch to hear about is box-office performance, especially against Thor which ‘cheated’ with its 3D surcharge (still a little bitter I was forced to wear those goggles with my bro when we went for an afternoon session). Having watched both Thor and Fast Five last weekend, I can say I enjoyed the latter more on a personal level. Vin, Paul, Dwayne et. al. just took action movies to a whole new level.

But I highly recommend you guys to see both (or either of them), as they are equally deserving of your support. If you ask me personally, I’d of course recommend Fast Five, but if car chases, sexy ladies and guys beating the snot of each other are not your cup of tea, there’s always Chris Hemsworth and his magnificent abs to consider. :wink:

And of course, if you’re short on dough, just hold out for Pirates, Kung Fu Panda 2 or Cars 2, which will be here before you know it.

Expect a triple-combo review coming soon from Yours Truly.

I saw this movie yesterday! It was my first F&F movie. I thought it was very extreme and entertaining. Most of the dialogue was cheesy, but it made it fun to walk. And The Rock is awesome! Anyway, I loved going to the movies and seeing a film set in Rio. With explosions.

there is an advance poster for the upcoming sequel

Fast & Furious 6

comingsoon.net/imageGallery/ … o_1_46.jpg