Favorite Disney Villains

My big problem with McLeach in The Rescuers Down Under is the fact that whilst George C Scott is a truly great actor his voice talent is not right for the role. At the risk of being overly parochial Disney could have cast an Australian actor (I’m thinking Bill Hunter) and given the film some authenticity. Considering that Pixar could do it oh so right when it came to ‘Finding Nemo’ it’s a shame that Disney went with an American actor (a truly great one however).

Hmmmm. In no apparent order: Barbossa, Professor Ratigan, Hades, Judge Doom, The Headless Horseman, Tim Curry’s Long John Silver, Maleficent and Madam Mim.

Judge Claude Frollo, Goob(bowler hat guy), Sid, Syndrome, Hades, Malefecent, Gaston, and Commander Rourke(Atlantis: The Lost Empire).

I was a fan of Jafar from Aladdin myself.

He was creepy! :smiling_imp:

Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog. I love his song, and his dance moves remind me of Michael Jackson. :sunglasses:

Cruella, and Captain Hook

Mine is a little obvious. :slight_smile:

I agree Frollo is a good evil character. Im surrpried they talked about the Devil, sins, God, and sex in a kids movie.

My top 5 (in no certain order) are

Dr. Facilier
Frollo
Malificent
Yzma
Sher Khan

What is astounding about the Disney animated canon is it contains Hunchback of Notre Dame AND Emporer’s New Groove. Just astounding.

Anyway, either Dr. Faciller or Gaston. They’re both amazing.

Frollo
Dr. Facilier
Ursula
Gaston
Professor Ratigan

Not sure if I should include Cedric from Sofia the First or not. :blush:

I don’t see why not. He’s a villain, and he’s Disney!

Yeah, Cedric is surprisingly complex in a show on Disney Junior. This song right here I think pretty much sums up his character:
[url]- YouTube

I mostly like how he is voiced by Jess Harnell.

I wonder what would happen if Cedric and Wakko from Animaniacs met with one another? :laughing:

Hilarious Marx Brothers-esque comedy ensues.

Speaking of Disney villains. What was everybody’s opinion on the villain/s from Frozen?

Not impressed, but not disappointed or disgusted. I just kind of thought the film didn’t need a villain. IT didn’t make me like the movie less or anything.

Every film (that is narrative/plot based) needs an antagonist of some sort. Not necessary a villain, but an opposing force that creates and promotes conflict. [spoil]Hans wasn’t uncessessary, but the Duke of Weselton TOTALLY was. I think he was put there just for comic relief and for Alan Tudyck to get a voice role.[/spoil]

I agree. But, I would say [spoil]Hans was a totally unnecessary element, except to make Anna think she was in love. I would like for the only conflict to have been Elsa’s powers, and the strained relationship, and people calling Elsa a witch. A physical embodiment of conflict was put there for reasons of laziness, and wanting a plot twist imo.[/spoil]