Favorite Part/Moment in "Monsters Inc."

But wasn’t that supposed to be the funny part? I mean, the audience already

knows Mike had his tail tucked between his legs during the whole ordeal, and he ends up portraying his actions

completely differently in his play! He’s such a little liar.
I thought that was

hilarious.

Nexas is the only one who

sees it. ;3

DoubleLatte- I found it more annoying than funny, since he, Sulley, Randall,

Waternoose and Boo (and Fungus and Celia too, I guess) were the only ones to really experience what happened, so

what Mike is telling everyone is just a bunch of lies. He’s even lying to his own mother. It just seems a

bit…much. I mean, if it was about a little thing that happened, like the company advert, for example, with Mike

saying how great he is, that is funny because he interprets things the way he wants to and, in these small cases,

it doesn’t really matter. But when it comes to something as big as what happened with Waternoose and Randall and

the SE, especially since people’s lives were potentially at stake, twisting the story is a step too far.

Anhywho, that’s just how I see it.

We already

know Mike is telling us a bunch of lies. That’s what made it funny to whoever has seen MI for the first time and

is willing to stop at that without further analyzing it, or HAS analyzed it and still finds it comical. :wink:

Twisting stories is Mike’s specialty, and I’m sure he already has a reputation settled for him at the workplace

about his tendency to do so.
If you want to go a step further, then yeah, what Mike (and Sullivan) did

greatly jeopardized someone’s safety and possibly his life as well; but you can’t put the blame

entirely on Mike. For all we know, it was more or less the lack of integrity on

Fungus’ part as well for not having stepped up and at least questioned a vastly different version of the events

when someone he worked for never returned. Fungus might have been left in the dark about Randall’s whereabouts

after he chased Sulley and Mike into the door vault, but he must have known exactly

what kind of trouble Randall had gotten himself into. Absolutely no one even wondered where one MI employee had

gone off to, despite him having been very well known for a temper and an attitude. You can’t just not notice

that someone with such an intimidating presence is missing. It could be argued that Fungus might just as easily

have bought Mike’s version of the truth; but what could Mike have possibly made up that made no one question

Randall’s sudden disappearance?

I don’t think it’s entirely improbable that they decided to go ahead

and stick to the true version (with a few modifications at Mike’s request of maybe him being the one who

rendered Randall helpless) of throwing Randall out a door and into the human world in the play. From an

over-analytical POV anyway, the Monster world’s law system appears to be obscenely faulty if someone like Sulley

becomes the CEO of a company with no questions asked. Mike’s and Sullivan’s actions might have been viewed as

acts of heroism, while in our world, you get cuffed and frisked merely for being a

suspect.
So, yeah. All I’m saying is this: the focus is waaay too much on how Wazowski was the king of

cowards and lied his little butt off while Randall was out in a trailer in the bayou, possibly dying of a

concussion, while Fungus apparently gets off the hook. I’m not a Mike fan, but I really DO think he’s getting

dumped on far more than anyone else who had a much more direct impact in Randall’s life and the future of his

well-being, including Fungus and Sullivan, who was the one who HAD Randall completely immobilized and therefore

completely harmless. All Mike did was talk and lie and really would have had very little to do with Randall’s

outcome considering how weak he was…

DoubleLatte- Yeah, I do see that Mike wasn’t really affecting the final outcome of

what was to happen to Randall, and that others, such as Fungus, could’ve tried harder to change things, but I

wasn’t really mentioning any of the other monsters. I wasn’t blaming Mike entirely- I was just saying that

twisting the story to such an extent that he did seems morally wrong. It does pale in comparison to what Sulley

did, technically, and what Fungus lacked in doing, but I was only talking about the company play, not the whole

film itself, and I was only mentioning how Mike is quite happy to decieve people that are meant to be close to

him. The other stuff is a little OT. :wink:

Well I always laugh out loud

whenever Mike yells in pain- When Roz slams the gate down on his fingers, when that kid monster bites his hand,

when boo sneezes and he sprays disinfectant in his eye. It’s just the way Billy Crystal did that that made it

hilarious! But my fav part is the whole ‘rehearsing a scene from the musical’ bit. I love it! Mike starts

singing and prancing around. "Put that thing back where it came from or so help meeeee. So help me! So help

me! and cut!"

Then stop

looking and start thinking instead.

DoubleLatte

Well Wazowski doesn’t

consider himself a liar or coward, so it’s only natural he’d assume the same from everyone else.

Whether

you choose to believe truth is up to you. And no I am not the only one who sees it. I am the only one who sees it

clearly.

Lizardgirl
Think of it this way. They could not tell the TRUE

story. The C.D.A. were there to ensure that. Seeing as how SOMEONE wanted a play on what events happened,

Sullivan and Wazowski had to change things so what could NOT be said would be told to the public. And we all know

who made the changes in the play I assure that.

DoubleLatte
Not really

comical…

Fungus is relatively a coward geek who takes…well I won’t go there yet.

I wouldn’t

put it past Wazowski to think something up. He’s got a lie for everything.

So you finally go with

Reptilian Racism…bravo.
There Sullivan…a year or so…no training seemingly and he’s a CEO simply due

to Laugh Energy…kinda generous no?
Ha ha…heroism…such a…flimsy word.

Ha ha! Blame the person or

the gun ha hah…
Fungus was merely a lackey…one who yes took a but of pleasure in Ran’s upset

mood…though his worry of Randall in terms of where he was he could probably care less…being seen probably as

a pawn in what went on he probably got away with sympathy.
As for Sullivan…whether his idea or Wazowskis,

which popularity chooses it was him, Sullivan WAS the one to commit the act of tossing him in. And going further

to destroy the door and realish the moment…some

hero.

Lizardgirl

There are lies all around us. From the simple "I

didn’t do it" to “it doesn’t exist”…

OT or not, making a good point is good enough to

me.

• Of course, the ending where Boo says

“Kitty!”.

• The Monsters Inc. employee video was hilarious! "When you turn on a light

switch, Monsters Inc is there."

• The ending of the movie when they are looking at the magazine but

the barcode is covering Mike’s face and he goes "Oh my god! … I’m on the front cover of a

magazine!" LOL

• The "Put that kid back where it came from, or so help me!!! song.

I agree. Those scene are probably the most popular scenes

of all Monster’s Inc, according to the people I know.

(Haha) I’m glad you brought up the Mike and the Magazine part, that and the

Monsters Inc icon covering up his face on the commercial gotta be some of the

funniest parts! :laughing:

Oh and Celia’s like: “Oh, Googly Bear!” when Mike sees his

“face”! That is just great! :laughing:

I don’t know if this

has been mentioned before, but I love that bit where they’re interviewing monsters just after Harryhausen’s had

been blown up, and one of the monsters says something like, 'I tried to get away from it, but it picked me up

with its mind powers and shook me like a doll!', and another monster who has like a billion eyes says, 'It’s

true! I saw the whole thing!’ :laughing:

lizardgirl - Pff – oh man, I was laughing so hard at that part. I love how Pixar

pulled off the whole thing to make it actually look like a news report/commercial. :laughing:

Mitch- "…Now is the

time…to…PANIC!" :laughing:

This may sound weird to you, but my favorite part is when Boo gets the Little Mikey bear and when Mike takes it away, she starts screaming. I thought it was funny how Mike named a teddy bear after him. Also, when she starts screaming, and Sully tries to cheer her up, then that whole “AHH! SHE TOUCHED ME!” and “SULLY the bear!” and Mike makes her laugh.

I found that part real cute.

LG: XD Yes! :astonished:

The greatest part in my quite humble opinion was when monster-i-fied Boo started hanging out with the monster children, and when asked her name, she replied “MIKE WAZOWSKI!!” and all the children repeated her.

Hmm… what a run on sentence…

With regards to that scene, MY favorite part there is when Boo starts screaming, and Sulley makes the mistake of trying to use adult logic on a two-year-old(a technique which is proven to be highly ineffective), by telling her, “he’s(the Teddy bear) not crying, so neither should YOU!” That never worked for my grandmother, who used to try it with me when I was a little kid, so it’s no wonder it failed miserably with Boo!

pitbulllady

I love that bit too, Pixelated! And the next scene when Sulley’s getting all upset about Boo having been supposedly crushed in the rubbish thing, and he says that he can still hear her little voice. When Mike agrees (because the little kids are all running around and shouting ‘Mike Wazowski!’) and asks how many kids he’s got in there, I always laugh.

Haha, yeah LG

Wait… does a double take

Piexelated? You can’t even spell my own name?! You must not like me… :frowning:

I’m not sure I can pick a favorite part. I liked the company play pun though. Also, the scene in the house with Boo was kinda cool. I hearted the whole movie though.

Oh noes! Typo! :open_mouth:

And on PixarPlanetdA, I really struggled to type out iPixelated correctly. I don’t know why- perhaps it’s the lower case ‘i’?

I like you really! :laughing: